Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Do we actually care about cheating guns and bad behaviour ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dskize

I Would
Dec 6, 2004
Duntryin
I think the Germany thing is a real case of 'boys will be boys' It makes no difference that it's paintball players ,if it was football players they would of been pi$sing on peoples doorways and throwing cans of larger at road signs ,if it was rugby players they would be bumming each other in peoples garden hedges...

They should however be named so people know that that kind of behaviour wont be swept under the carpet as it appears to be just now..

As for cheaty markers ...I have a certain apathy about it, if tournament organisers dont care about it why should I make any effort...

oobermybeer

Uni Of Teesside Paintball
Feb 5, 2007
Middlesbrough
for over shooters and bonus balling, only one puishment should be emposed, full team fireing squad to the back or mugged, for 5 seconds. you know, make them hurt, and feel crap just like you did, after getting shot going aw **** then walking off and getting pissed on as you do it :D

shiftizzle

"bonus balls are us"
Sep 18, 2006
hemel hempsteead oooo love it
i have read this entire thread and will like to add i was not there to day the ref has said his bit and the NK guys have said theres... also mikey has thrown his words of wisdom aswell.

BUT.... it was unacceptable... if you cant admit that then boy...
i will be first off to agree you, you are a good team and you have won events etc etc... but IMO however good you are or anyother team are if my players were shooting reffs breking rules etc etc they would be off the team... for a group of lads with Potential to move up through the MS and maybe see CPL one day you do not want your players being hated because they have been proven to be idiots. You guys are representing D7s one of englands most famous training sites and the UK in europe and the US and unfortunately whether it be your fualt or not you have ruined your rep you are now a good team who are idiots and cant play fiar which utimately in some peoples eyes makes you a VERY bad team.

i personally dont have anything against you... you boys are good, but some obviusly need to grow up and or you need to get rid of them to reach your potential.

just my opinion feel free to slte me now but i have no hate for NK im just saying what i think.

cliff

Markie C

Carlos Spicy Weiner
Aug 1, 2004
Northern Quarter
www.northernquarterpb.com
I think the Germany thing is a real case of 'boys will be boys' It makes no difference that it's paintball players ,if it was football players they would of been pi$sing on peoples doorways and throwing cans of larger at road signs ,if it was rugby players they would be bumming each other in peoples garden hedges...

are you ****ting me you think that we should let it go ?

killing ducks, shooting up road signs,doing over some ones cars when they are driving it which could cause god knows what...

Please........ you can come up with what ever funny comment you want jamie but fcuk me mate its like that episode of south park "just bury your head in the sand and every thing will be cool".

Russell Smith

The Paintball Association

They should however be named so people know that that kind of behaviour wont be swept under the carpet as it appears to be just now..

As for cheaty markers ...I have a certain apathy about it, if tournament organisers dont care about it why should I make any effort...

Boys will be boys! not sure I agree but I do think people (as in organisers) should stop thinking about their revenue and sort it out.
The Millennium Series claimed it would put the culprits to the wall when it found out who it was - and I agree entirely with that statement but we/they are not a kangaroo court and before a decision is made proof must exist, I have along with the Millennium been told who is alleged to have committed some of the offences but no proof is forthcoming just hearsay.
My advice to anyone accused would be say nothing and let them prove it, but if it is proved then too the wall it should be.

Cheat markers.

Well they have been around since before we put batteries in guns but when that happened it did get worse.
I don't want to harp on about the solution (its staring them in the face and its up to them to use it) I don't think we have a big problem with velocity cheats in this country (I may also need educating) but if people do it is a whole new minefield - let me explain.
If someone sets his/her gun to shoot 25bps in a breakout mode they are not breaking any law of the land only the rules of the tournament however if they ramp up the fps to about 325 fps (could be more or less dependent on the weight of the ball) that is a legal issue and the backbenchers in Parliament who want to get noticed are always looking for a platform to do it and trying to get something banned with the word GUN in its description would do nicely thank you, thats the point if it is discovered where gun ownership by individuals could get banned and the sites would have a hard fight to keep open so much so that tourney ball I believe would be finished in a matter of months.

Russ

evoonline

CPPS Referee 4 Life.
Feb 14, 2007
Rugeley, Staffordshire
Could you even get done with it. If everyone wants this "hobby" to be a sport but you can get convicted of shooting someone too much are footballers going to get done if they get a red card, american footballers getting done if they send 4 tanks towards the lil guy. I agree its wrong, but hey what you gonna do about it
wasnt there a player in the premiership last year who knocked another player unconsious, played the player and not the ball. police was called and he got butt f**cked in court for it. football is still goin strong. in the end NK started a sh!t storm today for no reason other then they were having a pooh day? if i kicked off everytime i had a poooh day i doubt i would be a free man. learn to control yerselves, i doubt wendy would want to be advertising UKM alongside NK's name unlike FLC or Disruption, Kellys or the like. what new team in their right mind would come on here to see the next tournies team list up, notice NK attending and still turn up? i wouldnt hold it against any team which would rather forfeit a game against NK rather then play them. not out of fear of their amazing skills or lane shoooting etc but more that u might be having to involve the police and be breaking up fights for the rest of the day. i wasnt there and im glad i wasnt cause if i was then i wouldnt attend another UKM as long as i lived. play fair and play nice or dont play at all. NK rated 0 with me before today cause i didnt know who NK were but now they rate in the minus and being c*nts to fellow ballers doesnt make u 'agg'

my 2 pence

Lovetone

Peter Pan of Paintball
Feb 25, 2005
Manchestoh
www.myspace.com
Heres my summary

Play for fun - you're a nobody
Play for real - you're somebody
Play too real - 8 pages of ****.

For the record, I like NK, and the ones I have met are nice "kidz".
In solely my opinion, from a far out 3rd person perspective, the person I would calm down is Conor - I dont have all the facts but I have heard rumour of things getting physical, which is never the answer.

Most people can appreciate how with Dave Stewart behind him he is a larger than life. If that energy can be focused more positively, then he has a huge potential, not just in paintball.

markfenton2

Jun 9, 2007
Lovetone the man who makes total sense.

:D

Right admins think this and the name and shame should be closed, Sorry Markie your thead got jacked.

Dusty

Don't run, you'll only die tired....
May 19, 2004
Northern Ireland
I can see DSkizes point about boys being boys whilst away or whatever, but sometimes things do go too far, for example Germany.

I can go away and have a laugh without wrecking the place, as I am quite certain can you. There will always be thugs and arses about in any sport, but again it doesn't make it right. the sooner the culprits are found and taken to task for their actions, the better.

Marker cheats, I am not so sure are terribly prevalent in this country, however, if manufacturers give people the option to do it with their stock boards, then people will. Simple as that. Personally i say bring back the pump!! that will sort the men out from the boys.

some players will always try to puch the boundaries by 1 or 2 bps because they can. whats the answer? no idea. velocity ramping is simply dangerous. again people will if they can so why do companies manufacture boards which are capable of it?? because they sell. i think the only solutions for people who do cheat like that should be swift and very severe. financial penalties and long term bans for them and their team. if a team knows that someone on their squad is using a marker with velocity ramping, then they are also guilty by inaction and should be pucnished accordingly.

NK, notorious by name notorious by nature? oh you are just so waiting to be brought down lads. no harm to you lot, but if anyone of you reckons it is ok to cheat, overshoot, physically threaten people, generally act like a knob thats fine. threaten me, or my family? I will smash your face in. As will a lot of people i am certain. there are a lot of chaps out there a lot less patient than I am, and it only takes you to tangle with the wrong one someday.

now this ain't directed at anyone of you in particular. I have met Cookie once or twice and he seems like a nice enough lad, but for the ones among you who do feel it is fine to carry on the way you do, thats fair warning.

mikey601

F orum Battle Organiser
Nov 23, 2005
South Wales/Cali
www.myspace.com
I can see DSkizes point about boys being boys whilst away or whatever, but sometimes things do go too far, for example Germany.

I can go away and have a laugh without wrecking the place, as I am quite certain can you. There will always be thugs and arses about in any sport, but again it doesn't make it right. the sooner the culprits are found and taken to task for their actions, the better.

Marker cheats, I am not so sure are terribly prevalent in this country, however, if manufacturers give people the option to do it with their stock boards, then people will. Simple as that. Personally i say bring back the pump!! that will sort the men out from the boys.

some players will always try to puch the boundaries by 1 or 2 bps because they can. whats the answer? no idea. velocity ramping is simply dangerous. again people will if they can so why do companies manufacture boards which are capable of it?? because they sell. i think the only solutions for people who do cheat like that should be swift and very severe. financial penalties and long term bans for them and their team. if a team knows that someone on their squad is using a marker with velocity ramping, then they are also guilty by inaction and should be pucnished accordingly.

NK, notorious by name notorious by nature? oh you are just so waiting to be brought down lads. no harm to you lot, but if anyone of you reckons it is ok to cheat, overshoot, physically threaten people, generally act like a knob thats fine. threaten me, or my family? I will smash your face in. As will a lot of people i am certain. there are a lot of chaps out there a lot less patient than I am, and it only takes you to tangle with the wrong one someday.

now this ain't directed at anyone of you in particular. I have met Cookie once or twice and he seems like a nice enough lad, but for the ones among you who do feel it is fine to carry on the way you do, thats fair warning.

I dont understand how you feel its your place to warn them but they have a big enough manager sort anyone or anything out.

What happens on the field stays on the field and if you get to know any of the NK lot you'll understand that

Status
Not open for further replies.