Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Do we actually care about cheating guns and bad behaviour ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lovetone

Peter Pan of Paintball
Feb 25, 2005
Manchestoh
www.myspace.com
NK, notorious by name notorious by nature? oh you are just so waiting to be brought down lads. no harm to you lot, but if anyone of you reckons it is ok to cheat, overshoot, physically threaten people, generally act like a knob thats fine. threaten me, or my family? I will smash your face in. As will a lot of people i am certain. there are a lot of chaps out there a lot less patient than I am, and it only takes you to tangle with the wrong one someday.

No offence dusty, but fighting fire with fire ? Why?

The main issue people seem to come back to with "NK" is the actions of one or two of them being physically intimidating. Your retort here validates that action as a matter of course - if you will counter violence with more violence, what message are you giving to these "kidz" ?!?

Again, no offence to you. Just broadening the debate I hope.

Dusty

Don't run, you'll only die tired....
May 19, 2004
Northern Ireland
I dont understand how you feel its your place to warn them but they have a big enough manager sort anyone or anything out.

What happens on the field stays on the field and if you get to know any of the NK lot you'll understand that
it is not my place to warn them in general, but if ANYONE threatened me or my family with physical violence on any stage, be it a paintball field or a bar/club, I would smash their face in. I can deal with acting like a knob or cheating on a field just fine it happens, but when it comes to physical intimidation thats a different story.

mikey601

F orum Battle Organiser
Nov 23, 2005
South Wales/Cali
www.myspace.com
it is not my place to warn them in general, but if ANYONE threatened me or my family with physical violence on any stage, be it a paintball field or a bar/club, I would smash their face in. I can deal with acting like a knob or cheating on a field just fine it happens, but when it comes to physical intimidation thats a different story.

Dude, that is slightly obvious. If someone threatened your family or indeed yourself with physical violence then crack on but everyone in some point in there paintballing life has got a bit hot headed on the paintball field. If its over shooting or bonus balling. Im not saying physical violence should be taken lightly on the filed but if a guy starts going off on one surley the best thing to do for all parties concerned would be to walk away and not "smash their face in" ?

Dusty

May 19, 2004
Northern Ireland
No offence dusty, but fighting fire with fire ? Why?

The main issue people seem to come back to with "NK" is the actions of one or two of them being physically intimidating. Your retort here validates that action as a matter of course - if you will counter violence with more violence, what message are you giving to these "kidz" ?!?

Again, no offence to you. Just broadening the debate I hope.
Lovetone, i think you may have misunderstood the point of my post. I am not a violent person by nature, however that doesn't make me some sort of soft twat either. if there is one thing i do not abide it is bullying, particularly physical. being on the receiving end of verbal abuse and people acting like a pillock do not bother me, stick and stones and all that. i see nothing wrong with standing up for yourself in the face of physical intimidation, and heaven help anyone who lays a finger on my family.

Dusty

May 19, 2004
Northern Ireland
Dude, that is slightly obvious. If someone threatened your family or indeed yourself with physical violence then crack on but everyone in some point in there paintballing life has got a bit hot headed on the paintball field. If its over shooting or bonus balling. Im not saying physical violence should be taken lightly on the filed but if a guy starts going off on one surley the best thing to do for all parties concerned would be to walk away and not "smash their face in" ?
i thought i had made it more clear than that, but re reading it i can see how people are getting overheated on it. read my reply above to Lovetone and hopefully that will clear things up slightly.

i have been overshot, i have been bonus balled, thats part of the game sometimes. I wouldn't be on the field if i thought differently but hell, I just run to the deadbox a bit faster!!

mikey601

F orum Battle Organiser
Nov 23, 2005
South Wales/Cali
www.myspace.com
i thought i had made it more clear than that, but re reading it i can see how people are getting overheated on it. read my reply above to Lovetone and hopefully that will clear things up slightly.

i have been overshot, i have been bonus balled, thats part of the game sometimes. I wouldn't be on the field if i thought differently but hell, I just run to the deadbox a bit faster!!
Ok...

but what i was asking is do you not think it would be better to just walk away?

..and i still dont understand why you keep bringing up your family

Dusty

May 19, 2004
Northern Ireland
Ok...

but what i was asking is do you not think it would be better to just walk away?

..and i still dont understand why you keep bringing up your family

because i play with my brother on the same team. occasionaly both my brothers.

as for walking away, yes absolutely up to the point where someone else gets physical. but like i say that is not strictly limited to the paintball field.

Dskize

I Would
Dec 6, 2004
Duntryin
Right I maybe did not make myself clear ,In no way am I condoning what happened in Germany and I think the people that caused the problems should be punished, Thats what I meant by 'named' ,as in they should be punished and everyone should know what (punishment) happened and who it was..

What I meant by my comment was that this is not a paintballers only problem there are twats in all sports, and when you get large groups of young males in an 'on tour' situation , you get what happened in Germany. How it's dealt with by the Millennium ,there sponsors ,the police ....whoever , will define the likelihood of it happening again and to such a level..

please excuse the early morning lack of cohesion in this post..

Gadget

Platinum Member
Jul 16, 2002
Essex, UK
I dont understand how you feel its your place to warn them but they have a big enough manager sort anyone or anything out.

What happens on the field stays on the field and if you get to know any of the NK lot you'll understand that
Perhaps the size of their manager is one reason why they feel able to push the boundaries without fear of reprisals?

Judging by the attitude displayed on this thread, it sounds to me like the team (who I'd never heard of before) need to grow up and start treating others with some respect. No-one is going to be jealous of your playing skills if they pity your social skills.

Dskize

I Would
Dec 6, 2004
Duntryin
and personally if somone comes up to me after deliberatley overshooting me and then proceeds to threaten me with physical violence ,he'd better be a big ***er ,cause im not, but im not going to walk away...

Status
Not open for further replies.