Votes: 76 69.7%
  • Yes, but shut up about it

Votes: 20 18.3%

• Total voters

Exile

The Tao of Pooh
Jun 20, 2006
North London
slightly off topic but seeing as your a UK ref you might be able to answer this mate..

correct me if im wrong but if you are shot on the way to your bunker millenium rules state to continue to your bunker and check yourself/ ask a ref for a check?

say for example i am hit on the side of the knee, just before i slide into my bunker, the ref sees it break but the hit isnt there when i slide in, i check myself, find no hit and play on.

would this warrant that ref calling a one for one on me?
exile just a quickie if you are checking yourself you know you have been hit
but don,t know if it has broken.
so call for a check straight away it,s the playing on that gets you a 141 i think
Dude I think you mean Ellis ;)

And it would be a 3-4-1 for losing or concealing a hit - however inadvertent - but personally, as a ref if I saw the hit I would just eliminate the player before he has a chance to play on.

A ref should never wait to see if the player is going to cheat, just make the call before they have the chance to do so.

Reactions: JNR-XV
Jun 11, 2008
Lets try a bit of a scenario

Your the last player in your team, its 2 on 1 and this game gives you the championship. Your shooting left when you feel a shot, from the right, hit you just below your pack as you take the player on the left.

Do you;

a) Hand up and walk - it's a fair shot
b) Immediately spin and cover that side while asking for a check as it might not of burst - your now gambling on the reaction of the ref versus the player
c) Spin and start shooting - hoping its far enough behind your pods that nobodys going to spot it

Biscuit

Mar 21, 2006
wakey
Visit site
silver fox i would think at that stage of a game a ref would be close by
so i would call for a check at this point when the ref gets too you he should call you neutral, this would stop the other player advancing on you
then if i,m out the ref calls it,if not game on and the other player hasn,t gained a massive advantage:)

cowface

Team Rampage
Oct 9, 2001
northamptonshire
I would be a bad cheater, cos ill be looking left and right to see if anyone saw me then start to whistle while rolling my eyes, so i dont dare chance it :p

I got called off field for wiping once, after the game which we won, one of the players pointed to my arm to a dry mark of paint and said ' yeah, thought i shot you' . I didnt feel the hit and the ref checked me over aswell and confirmed me clean. But i felt really bad afterwards , said to the guy 'sorry bud, didnt feel it and was checked' but he turned round and made a snidy comment so that didnt help.

Xmini-ballerX

London Tigers & Team GB
Nov 15, 2008
* Slightly of topic sorry

Now I have been thinking of this idea whilst I have been reading this thread and thought to myself give the marshals a "pistol" like maker with paint that is not permitted in the tournament like pink for example.The marshals could let play flow and see if the players are honest enough to call themselves out , if there not then a Marshall could just pop a ball into the offending player and off he goes. obviously the marshals still go around checking players and if they find a hit that would of been acknowledgeable they shoot the player ( If he hasn't already stated walking ).

I know this would not work in practise but I think something like this may lead to more honourable players .

Ant_UK_Refs

Platinum Member
Nov 13, 2008
Tameside, Manchester
slightly off topic but seeing as your a UK ref you might be able to answer this mate..

correct me if im wrong but if you are shot on the way to your bunker millenium rules state to continue to your bunker and check yourself/ ask a ref for a check?

say for example i am hit on the side of the knee, just before i slide into my bunker, the ref sees it break but the hit isnt there when i slide in, i check myself, find no hit and play on.

would this warrant that ref calling a one for one on me?
Apologies for the delay answering mate. Ellis, if the ref sees the hit, gets to you and it's gone, it's actually deemed wipe and a 3-4-1. If you're hit on the way to your bunker, get in there and ask for a check, then it's a 1-4-1 because you've played an active part in the game by continuing to your bunker. Concealing a hit is a 2-4-1. Hope that answers your query mate. And thanks Biscuit, lol yeah 36 years young. As for the extra love.........hehehehehe, who's gonna be daft enough? ;)