Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Domestic Pro League hits tha UK

fordanaldino

Mangos birdage
Mar 16, 2003
House of CP
www.protopaintball.com
how do you justify someone winning a div 1 season at a local tourny whose competition has been taken away, to be better than the lowest ranked team in the pro tour. This gives no opportunity for the low ranked teams in the pro tour to prove they are better than the new competition. perhaps a grudge match?

:D

Mark Toye-Nexus

Rushers
Jul 18, 2001
Sarf London
Hermitt

I'm glad to see that you take training seriously, I doubt we will find 3 other teams that do the same, let alone 20 or 30

I still maintain that that this league and the format is not the panacea that you seem to think it is.

The format that you play isnt the route to excellence. The methods adopted during training and then applied consistently during each phase of the game are what is paramount to individual and team performance improvement

You are sorely mistaken if you think that playing a format will deliver the improvements. Reaching a skill level and then applying it is the way forward. You cant put the cart before the horse.

The league will showcase the teams that are already at that level - they arent there because of the paintball format they play (largely). It's talent with a training multiplier that has lead to them being 'in'.

Mark Toye-Nexus

Rushers
Jul 18, 2001
Sarf London
Hermitt

Originally posted by ascutt
Fun and entertaining though it is to read the Pud'n'Toye Sarcasm show
Mr Scuttowski

I hope you don't think I am not behind the league?

I think its a good idea - I am only bantering with Hermitt because he is trying to run before walking.

Access to the new format will not instantly bestow sex appeal and enable players cut Oli Lang style paintball shapes on the field.

Working towards those is done away from the game - the game is for using what you have learnt/drilled and instilled in the skills armoury.

Marky

You are right that training is where you hone skills but, in the right enviroment, you need time to hone team work, communications etc. This is where I am hoping the best Brit-ballers will benifit from Pro-Tour (and give us spectators one hell of a show at the same time!!).

And as for Ollie, pah the boy sucks - its just Ryan making him look good!

Mark Toye-Nexus

Rushers
Jul 18, 2001
Sarf London
Originally posted by HERMITT
Thanks for the life line scutty!! I still think there should be an am tour as well. This would make the movement through the tour structure a little fairer and level the playing field for the new teams as they enter.
Aaargh!!!

The whole point is not to play the format as a be all and end all.

You earn the right to play an adjusted form of paintball tournament. Otherwise there would be 3 whole leagues that would have to change and I doubt if they would all want to.

And if they didnt then the Am teams that wish to partake would do so not because they were the best but because they could afford to.

The format wont be that much different, it would be something that teams will aspire to - a goal for the year in the UK.

A goal for the year is something that has been missing for too long!!