Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Dye - Looking after the little people

Chris *MT*

Currently MIA
After coming off the phone from Andy at Fatbobs earlier today, I feel I have to let fellow ballers know about the fantastic service that Dye UK offers.

As some of you may know I was after a red to black DM5 a month ago.

I already have a red to black DM4 which rocks, hence the reason for going for the DM5.

Cutting a long story short (I am sure you don't want to know about all the pimping I did) I raised enough of the queens finest and purchased my red to black DM5. (over £1000)

I went through Fatbobs, and waited a week and half for my new toy to arrive, This is where things go tits up.

On peeling the wrapping off the box (like a kid at christmas) I was gutted, the new DM5 was nothing how I was expecting it to be.

The colour was not how I had seen others or how it was advertised.

The colour on mine was a burgundy to black, that just went passed the snatch grip at the back, not the half body fade that I had seen elsewhere.

I contacted Andy at Fatbobs about it, who said he would speak to Dye about my problem.

I received a call from Ellcie at Dye a few days later, asking to see the pictures I had taken, I received an email back saying leave it with her and she would see what could be done.

After a few days I received another email basically saying that as far as they were concerned there is no fault with the marker and that they would not exchange it.

To which I then had to decide do I keep the red to black DM5 that I was not happy about or see if I could change it for a red DM5.

I spoke to Andy again and waited for him to contact Dye, anyway this afternoon I received a call from Andy saying that as far a dye are concerned they would not consider exchanging it for me as I had opened the box.

I am now left with a brand new, never used DM5.

I realise that this post will probably get me no where, but I don't want other ballers to make the same mistake that I did.

So before you think of emptying your bank account in favour of a new marker from Dye, think to yourself. Once I open this if its not what I wanted I have no comeback.

I can't thank Andy at Fatbobs or Ellcie at Dye enough for their help over this matter.

This is just a warning to everyone that Dye aren't interested in the little people, only themselves.

Peace
C

Ben Frain

twit twoo
Sep 7, 2002
In a tree
If you bought it over the net you are covered by law under the distance selling directive and can send it back within 7 days (may even be longer) for a full refund (minus carriage costs).

There doesn't have to be anything wrong with it.

Only applies to online sales though...

EyeFellOva

Ego-Maniac
Dec 7, 2004
Sunny Sheffield!
Visit site
The Distance Sellers Act states that any online/telephone/mail purchases are subject to a 14 day cooling-off period.

You are entitled to a full refund if the item is in it's original condition. The item doesn't have to be faulty, and you don't have to provide a valid reason. If you don't like it and haven't used it.. send it back!

weedave

Jan 16, 2002
Belfast
I don't see anything wrong with it. Bit more black than red but i think it looks just as nice as the picture.

I would not be dissapointed with the marker and I dont think you should be. I've dealt with my dye alot of times and have never had any problems at all.

I'd recommend dye to anybody.

Each to their own though I guess.

Dave

Twisty

Softly spoken
Jan 20, 2002
Leamington Spa
did you buy the Dm5 from dye directly then or did you buy it through a distributer?

Dye have only ever been good to thier customers which is why they have become one of the biggest names is paintball, they are always happy to help with any problems and are fast and proficient.

I guess im being really dense here, but i dont see a problem whatsoever, the colour is slightly brighter on the advert but all product images are manipulated to make them look amazing, overall the Dm5s are amazing and something this padantic shouldnt stereotype the customer related performance of the whole company.

Smally85

Super5ives 2010 Champions
Hold up...

... first things first (surely) does it shoot straight? :D

Its redish isn't it? At least it doesn't look pink! :)

Are you really worried that your machine gun looks a little dark compared to the advert when you are shooting fools? Maybe if you only use it in really bright sunlight it will look more like the ad... :p

fuzzy juzzy

Registered Abuser
Feb 23, 2005
hertfordshire
dude fair enough it doesn't look exactly like the picture but it still looks sweet and if it rips then what does it matter???

especially if sending it back, when there is technically nothing wrong with it, is gona set u back a couple extra weeks of playing

your playing paintball with it, not struting down a catwalk with it

TARNY

home alone with mj
Oct 6, 2003
nuneaton
Visit site
yeah but you pay extra for finishes you prefer, correct?
like fade is more expensive and nicer (opinion). you pay all that money and expect to get what you see advertised really. just my 2 p's worth

i see his argument, and i would be the same if i didnt like the colour