Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Dye - Looking after the little people

JoseDominguez

New cut and carved spine!
Oct 25, 2002
www.myspace.com
Top image (from the ad) is clearly a manipulated photo...... even the shadow has been added later and the marker moved, look at the grips, don't even look real........... it's a bit Lara Crofts cleavage to be honest (too good to be true and obviously CG). It looks different, but mainly due to enhanced shine and lighting ........ do they have any "slight differences in colour etc...." disclaimers? it's a seven day cooling off period regardless of who approached who as long as it was an internet/telephone order. However, was this ordered from the States? in which case it gets more complicated.
But, this looks like you ordered from Fat-Bobs, which, unfortunately means your problem is with them and not Dye. No different to ordering a TV from Argos and getting the wrong one delivered, Samsung may have made the mistake, but Argos have to fix it (then take it up with Samsung).
So, the question is, is it worth slagging of Dye and giving Fat Bobs a headache, for what amounts to a percieved difference that is probably down to lighting effects/advertising artistic license? It does look different though, so if you're that upset, go with it.
Just found this......... all down to resolution etc.... same image as yours, but manipulated differently.

Chris *MT*

Currently MIA
Right people I hear what your saying.

The Dm5 was ordered from Fatbobs who got it straight from Dye UK, it came with the wrapping on it.

Picture of my red to black DM4.

That is the sort of finish I was expecting.

I don't know if it works as I haven't touched it, didn't see the point of using it/doing anything, until the matter was sorted.

Had the DM5 I received looked like these or if Dye had said yeah no worries we'll swap it I wouldn't be posting this.

At the end of the day, i paid over a grand for something I am not happy with and as I have opened the box I now have no chance of getting it sorted.

Would you be happy?

Most shops in the UK, you can return things if not 100% happy, with Dye it's nothing - Ha Ha your mistake, our benefit.

This is my opinion of the service I have received over the last 2 weeks.

You learn from other peoples mistakes.

Peace
C

Twisty

Softly spoken
Jan 20, 2002
Leamington Spa
how long have you had the 5? If its under 7 days then legally they have to offer at least store credit, if its over then i think there is some kind of 'consumer happyness' factor.
T

Ben Frain

twit twoo
Sep 7, 2002
In a tree
Originally posted by Chris *Berks*
Right people I hear what your saying.

The Dm5 was ordered from Fatbobs who got it straight from Dye UK, it came with the wrapping on it.

Picture of my red to black DM4.

That is the sort of finish I was expecting.

I don't know if it works as I haven't touched it, didn't see the point of using it/doing anything, until the matter was sorted.

Had the DM5 I received looked like these or if Dye had said yeah no worries we'll swap it I wouldn't be posting this.

At the end of the day, i paid over a grand for something I am not happy with and as I have opened the box I now have no chance of getting it sorted.

Would you be happy?

Most shops in the UK, you can return things if not 100% happy, with Dye it's nothing - Ha Ha your mistake, our benefit.

This is my opinion of the service I have received over the last 2 weeks.

You learn from other peoples mistakes.

Peace
C
It doesn't matter jack if yu have opened it - if you have had it less than 7 days you are entitled by LAW to a refund minus any carriage charges.

It's a grand for a fecking paintball gun for crying out loud - have it the way you want it!!!

Russ. M

Morning Wood - Void
Sep 9, 2002
Taunton, south west
i totally agree. if your paying that kind of money for anything you want it 100% perfect!!!

if this sort of thing happened in a high street retailer i'm sure they would sort your problem out (or maybe i've just been lucky!!)

with that said whenever i've bought things from dye i've always found their customer service to be fantastic, but thats always been dye usa (typical british cutomer service when you think about it!!:rolleyes: )

jeff

Banned
Jul 10, 2001
Surrey. England.
Visit site
Hi Chris

Firstly I have to introduce myself as Jeff Abbott, Dye Precision's UK account representative.

Secondly I would like to reply to what has been posted.

Dye Precision prides itself on the level of customer service we provide for our dealers and the end users of our products. Dye has built a reputation of providing quality products that are backed by unrivalled after sales service.

As you currently own a DM4 I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your commitment to our products and customer care. The purchase of our DM5 further shows the confidence you have in Dye and I apologise if you feel that you haven't received the level of service you have become accustomed to.

If you would like to ship the Red/Black fade DM5 back to us, I will arrange for a Red DM5 to be shipped to you direct from our UK office.

You can contact us via the link to Dye Europe that can be found on www.dyepaintball.com.

Look forward to hearing from you and thankyou again for your continued commitment to Dye Precision.

Jeff

Ben Frain

twit twoo
Sep 7, 2002
In a tree
Originally posted by jeff
Hi Chris

Firstly I have to introduce myself as Jeff Abbott, Dye Precision's UK account representative.

Secondly I would like to reply to what has been posted.

Dye Precision prides itself on the level of customer service we provide for our dealers and the end users of our products. Dye has built a reputation of providing quality products that are backed by unrivalled after sales service.

As you currently own a DM4 I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your commitment to our products and customer care. The purchase of our DM5 further shows the confidence you have in Dye and I apologise if you feel that you haven't received the level of service you have become accustomed to.

If you would like to ship the Red/Black fade DM5 back to us, I will arrange for a Red DM5 to be shipped to you direct from our UK office.

You can contact us via the link to Dye Europe that can be found on www.dyepaintball.com.

Look forward to hearing from you and thankyou again for your continued commitment to Dye Precision.

Jeff
Now that is good service - tilt of the hat to Dye UK.