Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Evo Z Board

Ben Frain

twit twoo
Sep 7, 2002
In a tree
No one is even arguing that Halo B's aren't the fastest by far, I just know that 13BPS for an y-board EVO II is not true unless you got a lemon board or crap batteries.

I also prefer a Halo on my eblade, but I also find them just as unreliable, if not more so than Evo II's. Don't you think there is a reason that a number of pro teams have switched from Halo's to Evo II's - it's not all about speed...

Parksy

Platinum Member
Oct 27, 2002
Newcastle, UK
My test was just a simple drop test. Fill the hopper, time it emptying, divide the number of balls by seconds and there you have a time.

A drop test does not work on a halo because the tension on the ballstack has a lot to do with the speed it loads at, therefore in a drop test it would be loading slower than on an actual marker where pressure would be applied to the stack.

A egg with y or z board though does not have a constant feed rate like the halo though as it is not force fed. So an egg is capable of loading at these speeds, but in an in game situation probably would not, you could probably just knock a couple of bps off it :)

liamliddy

Mar 31, 2003
BRIGG NRTH LINCS
Visit site
"No one is even arguing that Halo B's aren't the fastest by far, I just know that 13BPS for an y-board EVO II is not true unless you got a lemon board or crap batteries.

I also prefer a Halo on my eblade, but I also find them just as unreliable, if not more so than Evo II's. Don't you think there is a reason that a number of pro teams have switched from Halo's to Evo II's - it's not all about speed..."

Ben, sorry i didnt mean to make it sound as though i was making the point that the halo b was the fastest or anything like that, sorry if it sounded that way, i probably didnt write that bit as best as i could of, anyway, i didnt say it all was about speed, just was saying i liked the halo alot better than the egg, and with the 'backup' features for the halo such as the z-code and rip drive it was even more to my liking.As L1f3 said, about the egg not giing a consistent speed, it is not really fair to le the hopper empty and work out the speed that way, that is the theoretical speed but it isnt like that when on a gun.

Originally posted by L1f3
My test was just a simple drop test. Fill the hopper, time it emptying, divide the number of balls by seconds and there you have a time.

A drop test does not work on a halo because the tension on the ballstack has a lot to do with the speed it loads at, therefore in a drop test it would be loading slower than on an actual marker where pressure would be applied to the stack.

A egg with y or z board though does not have a constant feed rate like the halo though as it is not force fed. So an egg is capable of loading at these speeds, but in an in game situation probably would not, you could probably just knock a couple of bps off it :)
With the above described ethod, surely if the hopper was starting off slow building up faster etc, then the speed is the average, not what is constantly acheived. And like i said above it is different when on a gun etc.