Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

helpp if u please

Sandan

Carlos
Sep 17, 2006
Wirral
sounds good:rolleyes::rolleyes:

just to add, make sure you warm up your muscles before you stretch them.
stretching cold muscles will probably do more harm than good so "warm up, stretch down":)

crazy-lacey

Platinum Member
Mar 18, 2007
lincolnshire
I get cramp sometimes which is a buggar if your under fire and trying to throw some paint back. Normally I get cramp becuase my muscles are a bit tired and also cos I'm not a young man anymore...

I cannot recomend you increase your salt intake, as their is so much salt in foods nowadays you'll only do yourself a damage, and we are all about reducing this in our diet anyway.... also if you need to supplement your diet make sure someone qualified assesses you before taking on something which long term could affect your health.

Do the simple stuff first....

On a game day make sure you graze (eat little and often) to ensure your blood sugar is maintained, and make sure you take in enough water to keep yourself hydrated. This alone will take you a long way to prevent cramp.

Stretching actually weakens the muscle for a short time after stretching, so make sure you stretch out a little before you play, and not directly before you play. The recomendation is to always stretch out before and after exercise.

Finally, having stronger muscles can prevent cramp so if you don't already, make an effort to go running, do squats, that kind of thing to build up a bit of strength and stamina.

Double finally.... if you are already a honed athlete and following the above and you still get cramp, maybe a bit of phsyio from a proper qualified phsiopherapist (spelling?) would loosen everything out.

Hope helpful....
right well i always strech and i am always on my bike that musels the legs and for the one above i will try more milk

Marcus Geezer

Platinum Member
right well i always strech and i am always on my bike that musels the legs and for the one above i will try more milk
When you play ball you run not cycle.... :) ...so if you want to put some more relevant strength in your legs try some non-treadmill jogging.....

And also, trying stretching out every day just for 5 minutes... this will generally loosen your legs up and again decrease the chance of cramp on game day....

crazy-lacey

Platinum Member
Mar 18, 2007
lincolnshire
When you play ball you run not cycle.... :) ...so if you want to put some more relevant strength in your legs try some non-treadmill jogging.....

And also, trying stretching out every day just for 5 minutes... this will generally loosen your legs up and again decrease the chance of cramp on game day....
cheers

JTD1993

Platinum Member
Jun 19, 2007
Chatham, Medway, Kent, UK.
You've simply got it all wrong. :). Well It could be right but so is what im saying.

You need more potassium. Eat bananas! And get more POTASSIUM! Ill force feed you banana juice if you dont! :)

Im so kind :D yw for the info xD

P.S I used to get cramps - same place as u. I was told by the doctor to - eat more stuff with potassium ( Look on net for stuff with potassium ) and to stretch!

crazy-lacey

Platinum Member
Mar 18, 2007
lincolnshire
You've simply got it all wrong. :). Well It could be right but so is what im saying.

You need more potassium. Eat bananas! And get more POTASSIUM! Ill force feed you banana juice if you dont! :)

Im so kind :D yw for the info xD

P.S I used to get cramps - same place as u. I was told by the doctor to - eat more stuff with potassium ( Look on net for stuff with potassium ) and to stretch!
cheers and iu am quite capable of eating bannas myself

balf

Mr Fantastico
May 20, 2006
Stealing Al's PC parts
suppose a bit of 'how to slide' teaching would help, you where hitting the ground pretty hard and not sliding much, this would compound to cause a bit of cramp, as well as not being good for the knees

crazy-lacey

Platinum Member
Mar 18, 2007
lincolnshire
suppose a bit of 'how to slide' teaching would help, you where hitting the ground pretty hard and not sliding much, this would compound to cause a bit of cramp, as well as not being good for the knees
i was doin it all right i believe plus we went thorugh it not last sunday the trainin before that the 1st we did it then

sumo89

Platinum Member
May 26, 2005
LANDAN
www.myspace.com
i recommend taking about 20 proplus washed down with around 5 cans of relentless. Youll be so hyper itl be impossible to get cramp.

gotta watch out for the come down though.