Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Importing from the UK - an experiment!

Ben Frain

twit twoo
Sep 7, 2002
In a tree
Hi Paul, like I said - it is an experiment!! I'm sure I'll wish I'd just gone to Planet at some point along the way, but I'm curious, plus when the next person comes along asking all the same questions I have, hopefully they can just be pointed to this thread and most of the info will be here...

Cube - cheers for that info about air and Co2.

I'm probably best sticking with CO2 for starters as I haven't been to OTE yet. I have only played at TeamQuest in Leek, Staffs and I would have thought they run on Co2 only...

I'm going for a scout on ebay etc now to see if I can get some CO2 and an on/off valve at a knock down price! (being a miser as ever!!)

Collier

Arsed?
Jan 2, 2002
Macclesfield
Visit site
Originally posted by Benfrain
Hi Paul, like I said - it is an experiment!! I'm sure I'll wish I'd just gone to Planet at some point along the way, but I'm curious, plus when the next person comes along asking all the same questions I have, hopefully they can just be pointed to this thread and most of the info will be here...

Cube - cheers for that info about air and Co2.

I'm probably best sticking with CO2 for starters as I haven't been to OTE yet. I have only played at TeamQuest in Leek, Staffs and I would have thought they run on Co2 only...

I'm going for a scout on ebay etc now to see if I can get some CO2 and an on/off valve at a knock down price! (being a miser as ever!!)
Yeah I know its an experiment just warning you that as the parts have not been marked warranty replacement you will get hit for the tax on 'em.
Just a little heads up.

Paul.

Ben Frain

twit twoo
Sep 7, 2002
In a tree
Yes, I hear you, although I think even if I have to pay the 20% tax it should still be cheaper than the UK. But I suppose only time will tell!!:rolleyes:

Ben Frain

twit twoo
Sep 7, 2002
In a tree
OK first update, postage is actually 55 candian dollars, not the quoted 45 so the total invoice amount is 520.97 canadian dollars which at todays exchange (although my egg card is unlikely to have such a favourable rate!) works out about £213.00.

I'll have to see how much tax gets added when it reaches the UK...

Ben Frain

twit twoo
Sep 7, 2002
In a tree
By the way Philip, I thought your price on the CO2 was fair, it's just I want an on/off valve with it so I will still have to go up to Planet to get one of those (CO2 and on/off valve works out at £39.95 inc VAT at Planet) so buying the two things seperately will just be more difficult and won't save me any petrol:rolleyes:

Thanks for the offer to help out though.

Munky

Better Things 2 Do!
Benfrain if you are going to be running Co2 for a while it may be worth investing in a palmer stabilizer (http://www.palmer-pursuit.com/CATALOG/airsystems.htm) as it helps keep you marker consistent over the Crono which is one of the real probs of running Co2 when the temperature changes the velocity changes aswell, and from all accounts won't let liquid Co2 into your marker which can happen sometimes.

Plus you have probably been told about anti-syphon tubes aswell, but if not its worth getting these fitted to your C02 bottle they are only about £3 each if that, basically its a small tube which is bent to the top of the bottle so the liquid Co2 is below it, which means it has less chance of drawing liquid Co2.
You will need your marker when you buy a bottle because you line up the anti-syphon to the marker.

Well I hope thats of some use and happy ballin :)

Edit

PS. trying to find palmer stabalizers in the UK is fun :) but I belive canadianpaintball do, do them well they did when I asked a while ago.

Ben Frain

twit twoo
Sep 7, 2002
In a tree
Sypher365, cheers for that info. More stuff I need!!! Can you get these things in the UK?

I was going to go up to Planet when my marker arrives and get a CO2/onoff/antisyphon thing in one go...

How much difference does a stabilizer make in 'real' terms?

Collier

Arsed?
Jan 2, 2002
Macclesfield
Visit site
Originally posted by Benfrain
Sypher365, cheers for that info. More stuff I need!!! Can you get these things in the UK?

I was going to go up to Planet when my marker arrives and get a CO2/onoff/antisyphon thing in one go...

How much difference does a stabilizer make in 'real' terms?
For the price of the stabilizer+shipping, Co2 bottle, Anti syphon and on/off you could probably get an Air america Me'lee system this is a screw in 800 psi fixed output HPA system.

Paul.

oh yeah, and PLanet sell 'em!