Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Importing from the UK - an experiment!

Ben Frain

twit twoo
Sep 7, 2002
In a tree
Paul, I am new to this game! WTF does all that mean :D What is HPA?

I think? you mean running air as opposed to CO2? Isn't air only available at certain places?

For a newcomer, what do you recommend? Just CO2 with on/off and antisyphon?

Munky

Better Things 2 Do!
Originally posted by Benfrain
Sypher365, cheers for that info. More stuff I need!!! Can you get these things in the UK?

I was going to go up to Planet when my marker arrives and get a CO2/onoff/antisyphon thing in one go...

How much difference does a stabilizer make in 'real' terms?
Planet should have CO2/onoff/antisyphon no worries there as standard kit.

As for the stabalizer's - there are quite a few different configurations male - Female, etc check the website in above post but not the easiest thing to find as standard in most paintball outlets but most can order it in.

I am running a 2002 autococker so am trying to get the female stabalizer to use in my bottomline because the autococker already has a reg in the ASA - hopefully someone at campain this weekend will have them in stock, well fingers crossed anyway :).

as for your set up on the Dragon removing the foregrip volumizer and replacing it with MALE (a.k.a. Vertical) which has Male bottle threads on the output end for direct input to standard ASA. Will probably help keep it consistant and stop liquid getting in the marker.

One place to do some more reading on them would be.

http://www.paintballravi.com/Articles/AutocockerInfosheet/ACUIn-Line.html

Collier

Arsed?
Jan 2, 2002
Macclesfield
Visit site
Paul, I am new to this game! WTF does all that mean :D What is HPA?

I think? you mean running air as opposed to CO2? Isn't air only available at certain places?

For a newcomer, what do you recommend? Just CO2 with on/off and antisyphon?
Sorry bout the babble, lol

but yeah you guessed right.

Compressed air is only available at some place but then again alot of places don't let you use your own kit, Planet/On the edge run walk on days that you can use your own kit on, they have air available.

Where are you thinking of playing?

I think you'll be fine without the stabilizer at rec ball level if you're thinking of tournies then air is the way to go.

HTH

Paul.

P.s. keep the questions coming if you need more info!

Ben Frain

twit twoo
Sep 7, 2002
In a tree
Right, thanks for that chaps.

Yes, at the moment it's only rec so I don't need a howitzer just yet:D

I just want to be sure I don't break my kit to begin with and have the right things attached to my marker in the right places!

Have only played twice (but i LOVE it) so far, and both times were at Quest Paintball in Leek, Staffs.

Really want to try out OTE but they won't allow a mix of people with and without their own kit as I understand it :( Some of the people I go with have there own masks (a growing number as the masks at Quest are ****e - sorry guys) and a couple have their own markers.

When my kit arrives (or rather IF it arrives!) I will want to have a pop with the nutters at a walk on, where I am sure I will get completely peppered but still. Last time I went Quest there was only a total of about 12 people so it was....cack! I'm ready for a bigger challenge!

Next OTE walkon day is in Wrexham isn't it? Bit far to go that, I'll maybe go but I'm looking forward to the next one in Congleton by which time I'll hopefully have my kit, even if I am running lowly CO2:D

Collier

Arsed?
Jan 2, 2002
Macclesfield
Visit site
Right, thanks for that chaps.

Yes, at the moment it's only rec so I don't need a howitzer just yet:D

I just want to be sure I don't break my kit to begin with and have the right things attached to my marker in the right places!

Have only played twice (but i LOVE it) so far, and both times were at Quest Paintball in Leek, Staffs.

Really want to try out OTE but they won't allow a mix of people with and without their own kit as I understand it :( Some of the people I go with have there own masks (a growing number as the masks at Quest are ****e - sorry guys) and a couple have their own markers.

When my kit arrives (or rather IF it arrives!) I will want to have a pop with the nutters at a walk on, where I am sure I will get completely peppered but still. Last time I went Quest there was only a total of about 12 people so it was....cack! I'm ready for a bigger challenge!

Next OTE walkon day is in Wrexham isn't it? Bit far to go that, I'll maybe go but I'm looking forward to the next one in Congleton by which time I'll hopefully have my kit, even if I am running lowly CO2:D
The wrexham site is a great laugh I reccomend if you can find a way to go to do so!!

Paul.

Ben Frain

twit twoo
Sep 7, 2002
In a tree
Yes, getting there isn't a problem - it's just the time I'll have to get up at some ungodly hour to drive there for 9am on a Sunday!

However, if it's worth it I'll probably drag myself out of bed along with a few others (the others won't be out of my bed though - just thought I'd better make that clear :eek: :eek: )

It'll probably be the first chance I'll get to test the kit anyway, so don't be suprised if you see a lunatic with a Dragun shooting balls anywhere but on target!

Munky

Better Things 2 Do!
Originally posted by Paul_collier

For the price of the stabilizer+shipping, Co2 bottle, Anti syphon and on/off you could probably get an Air america Me'lee system this is a screw in 800 psi fixed output HPA system.

Paul.

oh yeah, and PLanet sell 'em!
Pauls right a HPA (High Pressure Air system) will be more consistent and not much more, I'm just factoring in the fact that most of the sites I play at only have Co2.

So if in an ideal world I would be running a HPA system but the hassle of getting fills and costs involved in getting dive tanks makes it uneconomical for me thats why I want the stabalizer because it will make my marker more consistent and protect it from possibible Co2 damage, either way when HPA becomes a real factor I can still us the stabalizer with a screw in system so no loss in the future.

But as you said your only playing rec at the moment, so see how it goes.

laters.

Ben Frain

twit twoo
Sep 7, 2002
In a tree
OK, just checked my egg card and the amount that has been charged is £219.94 (credit cards always give a ****ty exchange rate!)

Not sure if this is before or after the price has been altered to match paintball-online...

Ben Frain

twit twoo
Sep 7, 2002
In a tree
Well, last I heard was that they were waiting for some of my order to come through customs. That was Friday (the 13th!) and have not had any confirmation that my order has shipped etc yet...

Can't help feeling a tiny pang of uneasiness as their website has gone down aswell! www.canadianpaintball.com

Collier

Arsed?
Jan 2, 2002
Macclesfield
Visit site
Well, last I heard was that they were waiting for some of my order to come through customs. That was Friday (the 13th!) and have not had any confirmation that my order has shipped etc yet...

Can't help feeling a tiny pang of uneasiness as their website has gone down aswell! www.canadianpaintball.com
Hardly class that as being 'down'!

Paul
:)