Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Is paintball too cheap?

imaninja

COD noob since 2003
Apr 4, 2010
bishops stortford
Will you still be playing come the time you need to save for a house? or enter the world of full time work? You won't know till you get there.....
That’s exactly why they should get into the sport at a young age. By the time they hit 18 they will have more important things in there lives. :D

xDansomee

Speedball in the woods!
May 30, 2009
Manea, Cambs.
www.iBotModz.net
I think i'll jump in here too :p

I'm only 16, and have been playing for 4 years now... Surely thats a bit of commitment right? :p Nearly every single piece of my kit was brought with my own money, bar a few things, which I no longer own.

I admit, a lot of people my age, and under are very very immature when it comes to playing etc, I'm not one of them, thankfully :)

On topic, kit itself is fairly cheap really... C'mon, the brand new markers are only £700 or so on release date, and these markers are 'the best in the world' :p

People like me, who don't have all the cash in the world could still play afterwards anyway, because if it comes to it, second hand kit is still going to be relativly cheap (Compared to new prices).

So yeah, prices should be bumped up a little, profit margins should be increased. I'm sure some people will cry at this, but tbh. It's gotta be done, before all the bussinesses either go under, or start producing badly made products, with inferior materials ec.

Just me £0.02 :)

Ali

gunnin down fools in style
Jun 23, 2007
huddersfield
I think i'll jump in here too :p

On topic, kit itself is fairly cheap really... C'mon, the brand new markers are only £700 or so on release date, and these markers are 'the best in the world' :p

yeah if you compare it something else then yeah its cheap. this may be a bad example but its the only thing i can think off. lets say race cars, top of the range engine may cost 10k ( random figure) and the top of the range paintball gat may cost £900.
yes its cheap compared to that but it isnt ACTUALLY cheap like your making it out to be:)
if ya get me?
sorry if this makes no sence i just cant seem to put what im thinking into words

xDansomee

Speedball in the woods!
May 30, 2009
Manea, Cambs.
www.iBotModz.net
yeah if you compare it something else then yeah its cheap. this may be a bad example but its the only thing i can think off. lets say race cars, top of the range engine may cost 10k ( random figure) and the top of the range paintball gat may cost £900.
yes its cheap compared to that but it isnt ACTUALLY cheap like your making it out to be:)
if ya get me?
sorry if this makes no sence i just cant seem to put what im thinking into words
I know it's not cheap mate, for a 16 year old £700 is like a million pounds :p

But I mean in context to some other sports (Excluding 'normal' sports, such as football, basketball etc) It's pennies. In relation to what you mentioned above, a sport such as amature car racing, an engine is going to set you back £10,000... Another comparison would be someone my uncle met at a car track. That year alone I think he had spent £20,000-£30,000 on his go-kart, parts and racing etc :p

I'm not going into any more prices or anything, but my whole kit cost less than a brand new top of the range marker would cost, and I still own a half decent marker and a decent kit, which shows even if the prices do increase that little bit, beginners, or people who cannot simply afford brand new items can still get into the sport and have a load of fun :)

Ali

Jun 23, 2007
huddersfield
I know it's not cheap mate, for a 16 year old £700 is like a million pounds :p

But I mean in context to some other sports (Excluding 'normal' sports, such as football, basketball etc) It's pennies. In relation to what you mentioned above, a sport such as amature car racing, an engine is going to set you back £10,000... Another comparison would be someone my uncle met at a car track. That year alone I think he had spent £20,000-£30,000 on his go-kart, parts and racing etc :p

I'm not going into any more prices or anything, but my whole kit cost less than a brand new top of the range marker would cost, and I still own a half decent marker and a decent kit, which shows even if the prices do increase that little bit, beginners, or people who cannot simply afford brand new items can still get into the sport and have a load of fun :)
yeah man i get ya, then again those who can afford to spend 20-30k on go-karts means they have some spare dosh to dish around but for us young ones who have no job its difficult enough as it is to buy kit and to play, training and a tourney every month and sometime even two tourneys in a month is stretching my pockets to the limit, so increasing the prices, even if by a tiny bit wont help us keep going:(

xDansomee

Speedball in the woods!
May 30, 2009
Manea, Cambs.
www.iBotModz.net
yeah man i get ya, then again those who can afford to spend 20-30k on go-karts means they have some spare dosh to dish around but for us young ones who have no job its difficult enough as it is to buy kit and to play, training and a tourney every month and sometime even two tourneys in a month is stretching my pockets to the limit, so increasing the prices, even if by a tiny bit wont help us keep going:(
Thats probs where we differ then mate, I don't play tourney ball at all, and not planning too until I can afford to ferry myself around, and afford to play in tournaments.

I usually aim to play atleast twice a month, which works out at about £50 a month, which isn't too bad really, although sometimes I don't play for ages. The last time I played was the 3rd of this month a think :p

Right, i'm kinda going off topic :p

If you're having trouble paying for your tourneys, you could always take a break from them until you can afford it and play rec ball for a couple of months :)

Ali

Jun 23, 2007
huddersfield
ahh well fair enough then :)
im payin atleast £110 a month to play and the only way i've bin able to fund it is by selling my stuff and birthday money etc.
couple of months left till gcse's are over then i can go get a job, but even with a job it'll still be difficult to fund this obsession, so...... :)

Biscuit

Mar 21, 2006
wakey
Visit site
ali if your hooked you will fund it

when i was a kid ,my father used to pay for myself and my brother to race mx
before anybody say,s lucky gets ,believe me we had to work hard for it at my fathers business

his annual layout was £30-£40,000 per year as we had the dogs dangles of equipment and motor home:D

this was small fry has he raced modified gt,s and his race team cost between£300,000-£400,000
per year
so is paintball expensive,we all class paintball as an expensive sport but believe me ,god is it cheap

and where did all this motor sport take us
free tickets to all grand prix in the world,now thats sweet:eek::)