Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Is paintball too cheap?

Missy-Q

300lb of Chocolate Love
Jul 31, 2007
Harlem, NY
I completely disagree with the thread starter. Paintball should be cheaper or better cheaper gear should be up for sale. The youth (like me) are really the future of paintball, especially as paintball is dying out and people are playing more air soft these days. We need cheaper equipment so the youth who maybe don’t have rich mummy’s and dad’s to but there gear for them or cant find a job.
Nah, thats just what you want. The thread was about whether paintball would be better off if things were more expensive to buy (and increased margin went into the industry).
The answer is yes, it would be better off, margins in Paintball are statistically lower than other industries, way lower than most. They have dropped like a stone in the last 5-6 years, and as a result we have also seen far fewer new products enter the market, and very few new companies in the game (but many companies leave).
The CEO of KEE was fired because margins were too low. Kee are the largest Pball company in the world, and they aren't making enough profit.

I say make it more expensive. I say make paintball 18 and over also.
There would be a ton of squealing, and it's a bold move, but I think within 3 years we would see a turnaround in the industry. Paintballing would be something kids would do on their 18th Bday. if they like it then, they can get into the sport with their own money.

Personally I don't want to play against kids. I don't want to shoot them, and I don't want to get shot by them either. Many lack the maturity to enjoy the game properly, and they are more of a drain on the industry than a help to it.

Dusty

Don't run, you'll only die tired....
May 19, 2004
Northern Ireland
Nah, thats just what you want. The thread was about whether paintball would be better off if things were more expensive to buy (and increased margin went into the industry).
The answer is yes, it would be better off, margins in Paintball are statistically lower than other industries, way lower than most. They have dropped like a stone in the last 5-6 years, and as a result we have also seen far fewer new products enter the market, and very few new companies in the game (but many companies leave).
The CEO of KEE was fired because margins were too low. Kee are the largest Pball company in the world, and they aren't making enough profit.

There would be a ton of squealing, and it's a bold move, but I think within 3 years we would see a turnaround in the industry. Paintballing would be something kids would do on their 18th Bday. if they like it then, they can get into the sport with their own money.

Personally I don't want to play against kids. I don't want to shoot them, and I don't want to get shot by them either. Many lack the maturity to enjoy the game properly, and they are more of a drain on the industry than a help to it.
Now I love you even more than I did before Missy ;)

lil_Danny

Apr 20, 2009
Cleethorpes

so say tomorrow paintball was for 18+ what about all the ballers under 18, they would sell there kit and wait a few years, or go do something else with there money, go snowboarding or something, wouldnt that mean less money into companies like kee?

Missy-Q

300lb of Chocolate Love
Jul 31, 2007
Harlem, NY
so say tomorrow paintball was for 18+ what about all the ballers under 18, they would sell there kit and wait a few years, or go do something else with there money, go snowboarding or something, wouldnt that mean less money into companies like kee?
Like I said, it would take about 3 years. There would be an immediate & fleeting negative effect, mostly made up of whining noises, but Wallmart and the other large Pball consumers already dictate that someone must be 18 to buy a marker. Most stores in North America do too. The reason they can do this, is that the U18's aren't actually the ones buying. It's their parents.
If paintball has to depend on the guardians of it's consumers for it's income, it's doomed to failure as a recreational activity. It must then compete with toys, video games, and the next thing to grab the kids' 15 minute attention-span.
AS for the ballers under 18, yes, they would have to sell their gear, maybe a little earlier than they would have done anyway (with some exceptions, obviously)

Ali

gunnin down fools in style
Jun 23, 2007
huddersfield
next time you all mention "kids" can you atleast say "some kids" instead? sorry but its just annoying me as not all us "kids" are like that :)
i've bin playin since my brithday in 2006 till now only missing the odd training session/tourney due to holidays/school and sold my crosser, xbox etc just to afford to play so saying that prices should be raised to make it only affordable to those with jobs ( most of us kids are jobless) who can afford to play as much as they want to play or whatever is just disheartening.

Dusty

Don't run, you'll only die tired....
May 19, 2004
Northern Ireland
Very commendable for you, but we are generalising somewhat. As always there's an exception to the rule, but they are few and far between. Will you still be playing come the time you need to save for a house? or enter the world of full time work? You won't know till you get there.....

Aarron.

Moo, I'm a Pig.
Jan 26, 2010
United Kingdom, Manchester
Paintballing would be something kids would do on their 18th Bday. if they like it then, they can get into the sport with their own money.
I've only been playing about 4 months and I'm 16 and what's to say most kids don't use their own money ?

I paid for all of my gear and I pay for all my training/ tourney's I don't think it should be a 18 or over sport as when you get to an older age you take on more responsibility which means you will miss out on more training/ tourneys. That's the way I see it.

Ali

gunnin down fools in style
Jun 23, 2007
huddersfield
Will you still be playing come the time you need to save for a house? or enter the world of full time work? You won't know till you get there.....
already thought about the job aspect and one of the main things is that sundays are free.
i know there are more important things to look for in a job but to me personally is that sundays will have to be free.

As for the house part, well i have no idea tbh but i sure will be doing everything i can to play....

Missy-Q

300lb of Chocolate Love
Jul 31, 2007
Harlem, NY
OK Ali, but I will use 'most kids' instead of 'some kids'

As Dusty says, there are always exceptions, whether they be legit or assumed.