Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

M25 18 May - the Results

L J

big big titties
Originally posted by mugged44
ditto......i just dont think that pros' should be playing in div 4, div 2 fine (as long as they dont have too many pros playing for em), but no lower, it gives the other teams a dis-advantage, and upsets players.:(

mugged44

i wasnt particularly bothered about having those pros or whatever play, the kellys team thing didnt count in the final score anyway and we got them down to a 1 on 1 which is pretty dam good for us!!! and total chaos...well we ripped through them and the same with the control freaks who had tommy gun...i got im:D

Liz

Jan 17, 2002
Kent, UK
Visit site
You are never going to stop the occasional player "guesting" down a level, this has gone on in paintball for as long as I can remember. You'll often find that a team is suddenly short a player at the last moment through no fault of their own, and the only available player wanting a game happens to be ranked higher than that team. So what do you do - tell them they have to play with only 5 or 6 (in a 7 man), or let them use a guest? Of course it's a different matter when there's so many guests they might as well be a higher ranked team playing under a different name (as I've seen in the past). But in cases like the Control Freaks last Sunday, they still only came 4th (out of 7, 5th if you include Tricky's scores) playing a Pro.

Another thing is - how on earth do you prevent it? It so happens that I know most of the guys from the northern circuit who were playing on Sunday, but how many of you know all the members of Imperial by sight? Or teams like Inferno, K2, Chameleons, Viper or even Kellys? Half of you wouldn't recognise most of the top pro players from just a couple of years ago, so if someone like Marcus Davis came & guested for a Div 4 team I doubt more than 5 or 6 players in that whole group would know who he is & how good he used to be.

Liz

Jan 17, 2002
Kent, UK
Visit site
Or even the old Rhodesian!:p OK, I know you're an "old timer" like me, but how many players last weekend from the lower divisions knew that the head ref on field 2 is an ex-Pred who still plays a bit now? Or that the ultimate used to play for Nam during their best days? The point is, you can't really prevent the odd higher ranked player guesting occasionally.

Rabies

Trogdor!
Jul 1, 2002
London, UK
We would have had a shot at playing with 6 players - if it wasn't for the fact that we get penalty points for every player we are short :confused: Someone explain that rule to me?

Gee

Mar 18, 2002
Reading UK
Visit site
Originally posted by Rabies
We would have had a shot at playing with 6 players - if it wasn't for the fact that we get penalty points for every player we are short :confused: Someone explain that rule to me?
You don't, only the millenium deducts points. M25 just gives your opponents points.

Rabies

Trogdor!
Jul 1, 2002
London, UK
Oh, so effectively it's as if the other team shot out the missing player on the break, so they just get the 5 points for that. Sort of makes sense now I think about it - otherwise there'd be no way for a team to get 100 points against you.