Oh what tangled webs we weave ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

FAMINE

Pretty boy
Jul 10, 2001
Cambridge
www.teamapoc.co.uk
Im with you 100% Robbo mate, I wouldnt accept an apology like that after a message like that. All politics and factions aside, his comments were disgraceful. If I ever come across the fella I would happily have a few words with him myself. Mr.Gunton I would suggest you never walk onto a playing field again!

Back on track a little

Jim makes some very valid points, I had also noticed Tims reference to S4S as a Charity in October Scene magazine. I was just after all the claims he had made that he had never referred to it as a charity and I found it odd at the time.
A few people asking genuine questions could have been solved in a few ways...

The accounts and full details could have been made public from the start of S4S - In fact I believe that until very recently Uk scenario awards website was still showing Help for Heros. This point is what led to my initial confusion and question. No Agenda, just asking for clarification on where the money goes.

I realise we arent all perfect, so the lack of information may have been an oversight. So when DJ first asked about the S4S there should have been an apology and a full explanation. I realise a satement was made, but it simply didnt answer the question "where is the money".

I was unaware that there had been previous comments regarding S4S when I asked my question. As such I can see that with a little paranoia you could imagine some kind of conspiracy against shoreline. As such I believe the treatment myself and my team recieved was down to these conspiracies and paranoia. Yet I had never spoken to DJ until today funnily enough! Its amazing how these things bring people together!
But through all the accusations made by Tim, the name calling and the threats. We are still all waiting to see this information 3 months down the line.
(though we have had a promise that it is due soon after this thread was started by Robbo)

I have spent a lot of time today on the phone chatting to players and industry figures and it really seems that things have come to a head now. It seems to me that however nasty things have been these last few months the problems caused have in fact united the majority of UK scenario players. Theres 1000s of them out there and you will meet them at any genuine BIG game :)
I see new events, new groups, new alliances formed at a fast pace. I feel a few changes coming over the next few months and they are all looking very good for us paintballers.
Its not all doom and gloom, we can all make our choices and spend our money where we like, WE as players are after all THE CUSTOMER. I know where my teams and my own money are not going!!

Muchos love to all
xxxxx

Reactions: neil stringer

Dusty

Don't run, you'll only die tired....
May 19, 2004
Northern Ireland
Matzy,

Sorry for your troubles, it serves to highlight well though how a thoughtless statement like that can affect people going about their daily lives.

Thanks for posting, we all appreciate it can't be easy sharing your life with the world.

Hope you find the strength to come through this all, I don't know how I would cope with the loss of any of my children.

For the record a few of you may remember that three and a half years ago my best friend lost his son to a massive tumour on the brain which he had when he was born. Toby was 17 days old, so death and its effects are still very fresh on my mind. I think about the child every day I look out the window and see my mates house.

Now I am not even remotely religiously inclined however, karma? Thats a concept I do firmly believe in. Some might say do unto others.........

Dano

king ding a ling
Apr 8, 2007
cambridge uk
well well well this is interesting, I joined the uk scenario forum after receiving an email from buying my ticket for the tippman challenge uk, i hadn't attended a shoreline event so i didn't know how Tim and his band of Trolls run events. when i bought my ticket to this game it said nothing about having only one paint supplier let alone having only one type of paint on offer, it even said paint prices TBC.

Now here is where i found the ukshoreline forums sorry sorry ukscenario forums to become hostile towards me because i asked a question about the paint when i was told by my regular paint supplier that BZ were the only suppliers of paint and when i asked if this was true i got told "YOU will not be getting your paint from *******".- Al Murray. (by the way i would take quotes of this if i wasnt banned and had access to the spetznaz private forums),

I was ok with this, even the cr@p attitude from Tim's General was ignorable, then they released that there was only one grade of paint (it was sterling funny that) and that they were asking for IMO (yes in my opinion, not commenting on anyone else's) a little too much for the paint especially when it is supposed to be a big game festival and it is lasting over 50 hours you would have thought that Tim would realize that players not punters would want to a mix of grades to spread the cost as the paint was going to become a very expensive part of the weekend, so much so i was already regretting my ticket purchase.

I made the statement of "yeah nice at £35 a box" and was flamed to hell by (if you look at page 2 of this thread) niallist, i then tried to add by saying if you reduce the cost of the paint you will sell more boxes players will have more fun and not be constantly worrying about their paint supply running dry, which then means people will come back for more and then promotion of the event in future wouldn't be as necessary as players would be itching to go again (which i never will attend a shoreline event.), i was getting flamed even more by this point by a few of the lads most notably players from team tippmann, team shoreline and one guy who will always stick in my mind for calling me a spoilt brat, Martello from team pups ( i dont care about naming and shaming as anyone who does attend these events or goes on the shoreline forums needs to watch out for as i wouldn't want this bullying to happen to anyone else). All of which on their little banners in their post are connected to shoreline, sterling or BZ paintball ( let me add I never criticized BZ paintball and i have no issues with them, paint pre-order system is a great idea guys), i was getting flamed so more until a friend of mine turned up to look out for me, he raised questions and stood up for me. Tim then reared his ugly head stating he was glad that he was working late and then basically told me if i dont like the cost of paint then i should sell ticket and not come, Tim then said he and BZ would be lucky not to take an 8K hit each from this game, some guy called scallywag then challenged him saying that he was a playwright and that no one in their right mind especially during a recession would take an 8k hit low and behold Tim didnt reply. Tim pm'd me which after my reply he didnt reply again but he basically reinforced what he said earlier, if you dont have the money now the details of the game have been released then you shouldnt come and you can sell your ticket which i will endeavor to help you do.

During my time on the forum there were people asking questions about game types and generally just smack talking about the game and every time Al Murray turned up and shot them all down saying the game is 9 months away why are we discussing this, you will not do this, you will not do that etc etc. all of which doesnt do anything for hyping up the game as you want speculation to build game atmosphere.

i got banned for sticking up for apocalypse with regards to the blog post about the flash bang and after a massive flaming ( i would like to add that it had nothing to do with apocalypse and it was another team) that even though it was explained that it wasn't apocalypse, they carried on. so i told Al Murray to get off of his pedestal, there came my ban.

First impressions are lasting impressions and Shoreline say their events are run by players for players well its not, its run by 'players' for tim's back pocket and no matter what extravaganza he is going to try to pull it is never going to be for the players. a good businessman is someone who can take the criticism and then not make the same mistakes the second time, a good businessman is someone who keeps their feet on the ground and a good event organizer allows their customers have choice. There is no need for a dictatorship.

Reactions: vodka Gerri

CraigofScotland

Naked fun time
Oct 4, 2009
Glasgow, Scotland
Im neutral in all this but to point out to Dano. These types of events are clear paint only, thus only 1 brand available. Theres no choice of paint because the choice just doesnt exist im afraid. Sorry you wern't aware.

Clear paint is the reason we can use these very awesome and random venues.

It is also not the shoreline forum, Im a mod there and can assure you of this. I have no tie in with Shoreline and never have. Your obviously not happy with the way you were spoken too, but your bringing us all into it when there is simply no need. This has nothing to do with most of us.

Last edited:

Dano

king ding a ling
Apr 8, 2007
cambridge uk
Look craig this has got nothing to do with cost of paint I was explaining that I asked a question and I got flamed, as a mod maybe you shoul be doing your job better and protect people who were only asking questions, at the end of the day have you not read the rest of the comments about the amount of people not happy with Tim and his group of numptys, Unless their attitude has changed in two months I don't see how it doesn't feel like a shoreline forum there is so much shoreline bum licking its unbelievable

Dano

king ding a ling
Apr 8, 2007
cambridge uk
Oh and you might not be using that site bearing in mind that the mod haven't even confirmed it yet. Thank you BBC, regards to the clear paint there are other grades that sterling do as well as other manufacturers.

mini craig

Apr 8, 2008
cambridge, well just outside
i would just like to back up dano. There are plenty of grades of clear paint, plus, we were told that we colud only buy our paint from one specific company, reducing the competition of paint, and inflating the price. i was not happy about this. and when it was questioned. we were all told

"if you don't like it, go and sell your ticket"

now i don't appreciate being told that. it basically says: do it our way, the way we say it, or go screw your self.

that is no way of treating customers. Considering they say the game is made by ballers for ballers, they obviously dont care about us ballers.

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
Craig of Scotland, I think it fair to say, very fair actually, to acknowledge barnett doesn't own that forum but it's completely academic in this case as that forum tightly follows the barnett line .. you know this, I know it, we all do and so making a somewhat spurious point in claiming neutrality is absolutely meaningless and a tad insulting ... ya pays yer money, ya takes yer choice, I know that ... you just happened to immerse yourself in a snake-pit, that's the truth of the matter.

That said, I do believe as a person you will try to stay neutral and so in that sense, I believe you're one of the good guys over there but at the end of the day Craig, you know some of what's been going on and a lot of it has been facilitated utilising that forum and so if you had one ounce of integrity or conscience, you'd get your ass outa there. I most certainly wouldn't wanna surround myself with people like barnett and sables and cesspit because you will always be judged by association.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.