The Home Of European Paintball

Oh what tangled webs we weave ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bon

Timmy Nerd
Feb 22, 2006
Birmingham
Tim has his supporters and fan's because of what he does. Same as Andy Sables has his, and Robbo has his. Each side will stick up for who THEY think is right. Whose actually right? Well that takes some fine picking through the evidence to determine who is right, whose wrong, who needs to do some apologising, and who should could stand in the corner with the dunces hat on ;)
This is true...

But also... how many times has Robbo actually been proved wrong :D

Could this be the first?

Bon

Timmy Nerd
Feb 22, 2006
Birmingham
Just to focus on one point. Can we please have a reason why Andy Sables, and anything related to him (Fat Bobs/YPC) etc is so reviled here ?
I will get Robbo to reply to this point for you tomorow.

My own opinion from dealings with and what I have been told of sables is that he is a compulsive liar and someone who the paintball industry would greatly benefit from if he found himself a different line of work.

FAMINE

Pretty boy
Jul 10, 2001
Cambridge
www.teamapoc.co.uk
Hmmm I see my name mentioned above!

Firstly I would like to point out once again that I never once made a single accusation regarding S4S. Having attended and donated at the UK Scenario awards I simply asked if the event was for S4S or Help For Heros (H4H was shown on the Ukscenario awards website as the charity being supported.)
I then asked if S4S was a chairty and if so suggested that we have those tax relief forms. I was in fact trying to help!
This then got totally blown out of proportion and still to this day I am trying to find these accusations I made.

I am General for NvS again this year, but that is for the players and my team. We had a blast last year and im sure we will again this year. My loyalty to Jim starts and ends with the events he puts on. Whilst he continues to provide the best Scenario event in the UK, then I shall support those events. We support lots of events and as a team we work hard to help players and events across the UK. We were in fact looking to get involved with shoreline events but cancelled our tickets after we saw the reactions to players that asked questions etc. (Seems we were banned after we boycotted shoreline events though!)

Myself and my team have no agenda other than play some ball, and to help other ballers. Those that have met us personally will likely agree with that.
As a player and a team captain I like to ask questions. They may not be the easiest questions but usually its easier for me to ask than have the whole team spamming forums etc.

Back on to the S4S debate..
I was threatened with legal action, but nothing seemed to happen! I guess having not actually made any accusations or comments it became a mute point.
The only thing I actually asked was in response to some accusations made by Tim regarding my team and myself, and a reply was made by Tim on here saying that all accounts would be made public within 7 days.
Now not actually wanting to stir the pot but that was 3 months ago, has anyone seen them? (not a dig, just wondered!)

Im not and never have said there is any instance of fraud or anything other than well meaning. But I do feel this info should have been available to people from the start and I think the handling of the situation by Tim is a little OTT. Surely just answering the questions would have been quicker and finished the debate a long time ago! (or even having a section on his website explaining S4S)

The last thing paintball needs is some kind of faction war. I dont understand why Tim feels there is a rivalry between events in the UK. For years events have run side by side and respected each other.
Wasn't that what the super 6/5 was supposed to be about originally????

As for the future of UK scenario paintball, I see it going from strength to strength. There are new events being organised and these can only be a good thing. Some organisers will continue to grow and some will fade away. As long as these events are supported by both the public and the trade then they will grow. In this economic climate the last thing any organiser should be doing is alienating customers and upsetting the trade.

Now for christs sake, lets all just play some ball and feel the love :D
xxxxx

FAMINE

Pretty boy
Jul 10, 2001
Cambridge
www.teamapoc.co.uk
Hmmm I see my name mentioned above!

The only thing I actually asked was in response to some accusations made by Tim regarding my team and myself, and a reply was made by Tim on here saying that all accounts would be made public within 7 days.
Now not actually wanting to stir the pot but that was 3 months ago, has anyone seen them? (not a dig, just wondered!)
Ah just found out from rereading tim's shoreline FB post that the info will be up soon. I guess better late than never :D

You know what, this is all getting pretty boring. :eek:

Donk

Gorrilaz
May 11, 2010
Clacton-on-sea
Well, I was looking for using this forum in addition to the others I'm signed up on, but now I don't think I'll bother. If the entire community on here is as willing to prejudge on minor things, make mountains of conspiracy out of perfectly legitimate molehills, and revel in completely fabricated bull****, then I don't think I want to be a member of this forum after all. Just to be clear, THIS POST has convinced me that this forum is not a good place for debate considering the self professed 'owner of the site' is so set on a Black Propaganda campaign against two business rivals...

It's simple chaps; If you don't have evidence for your claims, do not post them on a public forum. If you are going to defend what you say with freedom of speech, at least let the people you're slandering and defaming defend themselves. And above all, don't accuse people of actions I can assert with complete confidence are completely out of character for them! It really doesn't help that some of the major proponents of these accusations have a history of rather questionable politics and that the Super 6 Series appears to be doing far better than the concerted business efforts of the propenents to boot. Grow the **** up and accept Super 6 & Shoreline produce some of the most popular paintball events in the UK! Defaming & slandering the Parent Company of these events, as well as personal attacks against their directors, only makes you look bad for making false accusations and damages your own standing in the community.

To be honest, Robbo, I've never met you and I was taught never to pre-judge anyone, but to be honest I'm glad I haven't had the 'pleasure'. As such, I wash my hands of this frankly laughable forum, it's inept owner, and it's attempted exercises in black propaganda against two bastions of the Paintball community.

#awaits the inevitable banning for speaking his mind#
You shouldn't judge the forum on one thread "Disgusted"... Robbo has taken a hard stance on this one but that is because he doesn't like to see players striped up. If there was no malice then it will come to light and he will retract his statement. You see as the owner of this site Robbo & ALL the Admin/mod team look after the members, be that with gun tech problems, personal delivers of packages on the day or a tourney, finding fraudsters & basically watching our backs.

If you notice this thread is 4 pages long and opinions have not been deleted, it will eventually get closed for reading only but not disappear like threads elsewhere.

Gadget

Platinum Member
Jul 16, 2002
Essex, UK
OH Snap, didn't see that one coming did we tim!!! :ROFLMAO::LOL::ROFLMAO:

This tim barnett guy is such a tool, it makes me hurt to read his comments, then again if hes getting into bed with Sables why does that not surprise me.

Oh well, I guess we can wait for shoreline to go the way of the masters now eh?
Bon, I think you may be jumping on a bandwagon with no real knowledge of the individuals concerned. I wouldn't place much reliance on info given by a fairly new member such as David Jack with a potentially questionable background.

Also, should you really be banning people using your admin access?

I'm sad to see all this flare up and can only say that from my experience on the scenario side of the fence, Tim and Shoreline have done a great deal of good for paintball as a whole over the last couple of years and the events that I've attended have all been excellent and professionally run - in fact far better than any other rec events I've been to. I'm aware that there is some ill feeling from other organisers, presumably due to Shoreline's success and the unfortunate scheduling of a Shoreline event a week before another large scenario weekend this year. A lot of the accusations being made do have the whiff of people being given somewhat biased information.

I've said my piece now steering well clear, take a chill pill everyone :)

Last edited:

Dusty

Don't run, you'll only die tired....
May 19, 2004
Northern Ireland
Well, I was looking for using this forum in addition to the others I'm signed up on, but now I don't think I'll bother. If the entire community on here is as willing to prejudge on minor things, make mountains of conspiracy out of perfectly legitimate molehills, and revel in completely fabricated bull****, then I don't think I want to be a member of this forum after all. Just to be clear, THIS POST has convinced me that this forum is not a good place for debate considering the self professed 'owner of the site' is so set on a Black Propaganda campaign against two business rivals...

It's simple chaps; If you don't have evidence for your claims, do not post them on a public forum. If you are going to defend what you say with freedom of speech, at least let the people you're slandering and defaming defend themselves. And above all, don't accuse people of actions I can assert with complete confidence are completely out of character for them! It really doesn't help that some of the major proponents of these accusations have a history of rather questionable politics and that the Super 6 Series appears to be doing far better than the concerted business efforts of the propenents to boot. Grow the **** up and accept Super 6 & Shoreline produce some of the most popular paintball events in the UK! Defaming & slandering the Parent Company of these events, as well as personal attacks against their directors, only makes you look bad for making false accusations and damages your own standing in the community.

To be honest, Robbo, I've never met you and I was taught never to pre-judge anyone, but to be honest I'm glad I haven't had the 'pleasure'. As such, I wash my hands of this frankly laughable forum, it's inept owner, and it's attempted exercises in black propaganda against two bastions of the Paintball community.

#awaits the inevitable banning for speaking his mind#

So you join today, post once declaring your intent not to use the forum based on one thread?

My my, I can't imagine you don't have some kind of vested interest. Threads like this always throw up one or two more people who join to say something which they believe will sway the argument, usually in favour of the accused, then promise to post no more. Wow, big loss.

What they tend to forget is they are merely adding to the membership numbers making the forum bigger, so really we should be thanking you :D

Status
Not open for further replies.