The Home Of European Paintball

Oh what tangled webs we weave ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dusty

Don't run, you'll only die tired....
May 19, 2004
Northern Ireland
Also, should you really be banning people using your admin access?
No, he shouldn't however it was the correct course of action given the fact that it was yet another new member with 1 derogatory post in a thread he's probably got from a link on another forum.......

Alex R

Fusion 141
Jul 15, 2006
North Yorkshire
I got back in my car and drove back to YPC, where Alex and Russ helped me load up as much paint as I could.
I then drove back to the site and parked up as close as possible to the trader area, just incase the paint I had brought was needed.

7 minutes ago ·
He said it would only take two minutes to load :(

Last edited:
Reactions: WildWayz

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
Wow!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last time I looked at this thread, it was only one page long and now look at it ....
Anyways, before I go any further I am gonna explain and hopefully justify why I have deleted some posts.
I have only deleted those people who have deliberately opened an account to post in this thread and it seems quite co-incidental that every single one of these I have deleted is in sables or barnett's camp.
As to the reason why I have deleted these people?
I don't like cowards who come on forums and cloak themselves in anonymity, it indicates a lack of backbone and stinks of conspiracy, and of course that conspiracy is easily rooted back to the sables and barnet camp.
It was always predictable they would arrive here and I've always believed if you wanna make a valid point then have the frikkin balls to do it in your own name and not hide like little girls ..... this kind of invertebrate is beneath contempt in my eyes but hey, the world is a peculiar place sometimes.
As soon as I have written my response, I'll post it up here but in the meantime, if any more little girls wanna open accounts here and post, know you will be deleted and not for any other reaason than I detest alleged males hiding behind annonymity.

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
Bon, I think you may be jumping on a bandwagon with no real knowledge of the individuals concerned. I wouldn't place much reliance on info given by a fairly new member such as David Jack with a potentially questionable background.
Also, should you really be banning people using your admin access?

I'm sad to see all this flare up and can only say that from my experience on the scenario side of the fence, Tim and Shoreline have done a great deal of good for paintball as a whole over the last couple of years and the events that I've attended have all been excellent and professionally run - in fact far better than any other rec events I've been to. I'm aware that there is some ill feeling from other organisers, presumably due to Shoreline's success and the unfortunate scheduling of a Shoreline event a week before another large scenario weekend this year. A lot of the accusations being made do have the whiff of people being given somewhat biased information.

I've said my piece now steering well clear, take a chill pill everyone

I'll quickly respond to your post before I write mine, the reason barnett pitched his event the week before the Warped game is this; Over the weekend, barnett was confronted with a few questions and one of them was the very point you made here, why the hell would you put on a free entry event the week before the big game???
Fair question I think but here's the sting in the tail.
barnett explained it with the following excuse [this is not verbatim but contains all the relevant points] :-

"I put that event on the weekend before their game because I wanted to get back at Jim Frensham ..... and the reason I was pi$sed off with Jim was because at a recent function he called me 'boy' on numerous occasions in front of people and it humiliated me"As soon as I was told this, I got in contact with Jim and asked if there was any truth in the matter and he responded thus :-
'Pete, you've known me for a long time now and have you ever heard me use the term 'Boy' in trying to put someone down; it's just not a term I use and I didn't even say it once to him let alone 'numerous times'

Jim is right, I have known him for a long time and I haven't heard him use that term but that doesn't mean to say he didn't use it, it just means I haven’t heard him use it before.
Now, what I do know about Jim is this, he's a feisty no nonsense Jock who if he's got a problem with you, he ain't gonna play little girl's games of name calling to offend anyone, he's gonna come up face to face like a man; and when I mean 'face to face', I do not wish to infer, he'd do it aggressively, I just mean he doesn't shy away from dealing with problems in a personal way.
gadget, sometimes in life we have to look at what's most likely, and I got no problem with people supporting barnett or sables as your post testifies [If I had, I woulda deleted it] as I explained earlier, the people who get deleted are the little girls running around barnett's skirt .... barnett, for all his front and army stuff doesn't do face to face, he really hasn't got the ar$ehole for it; Jim Frensham [and Tim Taylor] run big games and I fully understand that this could well bias them if barnett and sables were disgraced in some way .... but.. Jim, will confront people who pis$ him off, he won't hide behind me and wind me up to go fight his battles ... it really isn't Jim's style and I believe his account 100%.
The thing is here, I don't know whether barnett will deny he said this to someone and try to get out of it but the person he said it to is a very prominent individual in our industry and was WELL connected and behind barnett up until just recently and so if barnett does do another cowardly denial, then he really is losing it because he would then be calling this industry guy a liar ... and then that would cause real problems for him.

And so, if you are interested in finding out the real truth as to why he pitched that event the week before the big game, then call barnett up and ask him, or even better, confront him face to face …. I’d be interested to see if he lies his ass off again or actually does the man thing and own up to it.
It would be another huge misjudgement on his part if he said that conversation didn’t happen.

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
By the way, for these idiots who can't understand plain English and continue to post when they have just registered, these posts WILL be deleted for the reasons I mention.

As for any threats of legal actions ... I have had this forum now for long enough to know what I can write and what I cannot and I have little doubt that if I stick to the truth of the matter and state my own opinion then subject to the law of this land, I am absolved of any wrongdoing ....it makes me laugh when people try to play the litigation game, it smacks of desperation and lack of character ....

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
Fukk, I'll get to writing my post in a minute but just to respond to the point about admin or indeed any of my mods deleting posts.
I trust my mods to do the right thing, sometimes they don't but then that applies to me as well but I tell ya one thing, if any of my mods deleted a post for his own ends and didn't check with me before or afterwards, then I'd have a problem with them.
Bon [Admin], has got my 100% trust and so if he deletes it, then he's done it for the benefit of either the site or myself or others he feels need protecting from malicious intent.
If I don't agree with his deletion then I'll reinstate the post in a heartbeat and I have done this before when one of my mods did it and so this is not a free for all where my mods can do what they like .. it just doesn't happen here thankfully.

I'm gonna quickly close this thread until I can get my response to all this crap sorted and as soon as I have, i will reopen it to everybody. And if any members [not first time members] wish to get behind sables and barnett, then I have zero problem with that as long as they don't abuse anyone and stick to the truth.
Of course, they can state their own opinions just as long as it's not malicious.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bon

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
Ok, I think a few things need explaining here; all this cr@p started when barnett broke his word to me after he had promised me 100% that he would stick to the conditions I made for helping him out.

A few months ago when barnett first called me up, he was looking for help in terms of promoting his events on p8ntballer.com.
Normally if people wanna advertise their events on my site then they have to pay just like everyone else does but since barnett kept making the point that all he was doing was to try and grow the sport, I agreed to let him use my site for his promoted events and I wouldn’t charge him a thing to do it.
I allowed him to promote his events but I had two very important conditions, quite simple conditions and he promised me wholeheartedly he would abide by them.
He did not, last week sometime he broke his word to me and broke both conditions in such a way that showed 100% lack of respect to me and for his own word.
I immediately deleted all posts that contravened my conditions and banned him immediately .. I do not like being taken advantage of especially when I have tried to help him out … it was a frikkin insult to me and one I will not easily forget.

It’s not as if these conditions were hard to understand, they were simple and unequivocal.
He elected to break both promises to me and ran for cover like a little girl when the threads were deleted and was banned.
I think I’ve already mentioned I called him up, his phone rang until the ansafone clicked in and I left a message for him to call me asap.
He has since claimed that he received no such message and so didn’t know what was going on and told me I must have had the wrong number ...
Of course, I could have had the wrong number for him but I felt it needed clarifying and so I called up two people who have contact with him and asked them if the number I called was the same on their fone for barnett.

Both parties confirmed that the number I left my message on was indeed one of barnett’s numbers … ok, so barnett lied, no real biggie, people like him do it all the time.

All this other stuff that’s being brought up is over and above anything to do with me, however, I think when certain people in the industry found out I wasn’t too pleased with barnett, they called me up and told me different things that had been going on, one of which was people’s concerns about the charity/ fund they were running.
I had two people call me [not industry people] who stated they had tried to bring this subject up 3 months ago on barnett’s forum and they had been banned just for asking for verification of a charity registration number or some other proof of legitimacy.
I don’t think this is a bad thing here because if you start asking for donations on the back of a charity type initiative then the least you can do is answer any queries as to its integrity.
barnett chose to ban them and not answer the questions ….. that was a huge mistake in not responding to where the accounts were and registration details.
As I said before elsewhere, if the paperwork had been done very recently and looks as though it is above board then why the hell wasn’t it done earlier; why do it when people have asked vital questions?
It stinks ….
But what you guys should note here is, I had fuhk all clue about all that cr@p, it was put before me by others in the industry and I’m not talking about small time industry people here, I am talking about well-respected people and high up in the respective chains of command.
And so, when these people had gotten in touch and unrolled their suspicions, I was left in a position of either ignoring it or go public with those concerns.
This is a frikkin forum here, and part of the responsibility of any forum is to try and uphold the best interests of the people who are playing paintball and also donating to this charity.
I wanna ask you guys a question here; if I had kept schtum about the suspicions of what several respected members of the industry had told me and it all blew up afterwards; if people then found out I knew about it all along, what the hell would people be saying then?
A lot of people would have been all over me like a rash.
‘Robbo,. You never had the balls to post anything when you knew damn well there was a possibility of ballers getting ripped off’ and to be honest, I much prefer the decision of going public as against keeping silent … my conscious is 100% clear that I did the right thing in letting people know what some industry people were concerned about.
Now, the question arises as to why these people who voiced these concerns to me didn’t do it themselves, why get me to do it?
I think it’s a naïve question really because politics rears its head in the form of inter-company relationships and so it can prove exceedingly difficult for some industry people to voice their opinions on a public forum.
They knew damn well what I would do with it all, I don’t doubt that but it’s not some witch-hunt here, I have asked an array of questions that need to be answered and I have done this because it was the right thing to do seeing as all other requests for information had been either deleted or banned from his own forum.
Everybody in our industry knows full well, I ain’t gonna stand by and watch players get shafted, it just ain’t gonna happen.
Maybe these guys did use me a little but I don’t care, there’s a bigger consideration here and that is of the integrity of any charity / fund asking for your money, and trust me, we are talking about thousands of pounds here.
Every situation like this that has previously blown up on this forum has a commonality running through it, and it’s something that someone else has remarked upon before and that is, on each and every occasion all the way from abbott to breakwell, proved me right.
These individuals and others did wrong and I went public on them.
There was a guy some years back who was supplying the air at events and it was plainly obvious he wasn’t professional and was compromising our player’s health and safety .. basically, he was allowing kids to run the 4500 filling stations when dispensing air to the players, I can’t remember the name of his company but I had a choice to make then, do I keep quiet and avoid problems for myself or do I just go with my conscience and go for him. I did the latter, and it proved he was doing the wrong thing and he was never seen again, thank heaven.
He threatened me with all sorts of things from personal injury to suing me … I would have gladly met him for a ‘face to face’ but he was all mouth and predictably did neither.
People cannot just pick and choose which problems I am gonna voice ….. it’s my choice based upon my personal beliefs and standards …. I haven’t got it wrong yet in well over 10 years and maybe I have this time but I would still do what I have done if I could back track, I just had to … in one way, I really do hope it comes out squeaky clean and I can then go back to those people who has informed of the problem in the first place and at least they will be confident about what was going on.
But you guys must remember here, those industry guys who got in touch with me had had these concerns for several months; Not once did barnett respond to questions by doing the right thing and posting up all the necessary paperwork that covered his appeal for donations, all the idiot did was ban those people asking the questions. Is it any wonder suspicions were then aroused and is it any wonder people got in touch with me to ask those questions?
They knew very well, I was gonna go for it especially after finding out that barnett had broken his promises to me and I was not best pleased with him.
I have no care for what the barnett and sables gang throw my way, I have seen it all before and I’ll no doubt see it all again but the difference is here, I’ve done something in this sport and stuck by my words. A lot of these teenage idiots trying to ingratiate themselves with sables and barnett by posting hardly literate and wholly ignorant points of view on their forums and Facebook don’t know what I know about sables and barnett and I am 100% satisfied that every word I have written is the truth as I see it.
Mind you, there will come a time when the interests of paintball as a sport needs to be taken into account and it’s fast approaching on the horizon.
I can hold my head up knowing I did the right and proper thing, let’s hope for paintball’s sake others can do the same.

Last edited:
Reactions: leachy

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
By the way, this is what's just been posted on my wall and just about sums up the mentality of the little girls gang surrounding sables and barnett .....

Cessle
Your the biggest c@nt in paintball currently, you clearly don't like or want to know the truth and those that do post it get banned, so go **** your self and your ego!!! You have no place in sup air nor scenario, hope you die of cancer prick!​

Frenshy

Sep 19, 2003
warpedsports.com
Well my phone and pc have been HOT all day with people telling me to get my ass on p8ntballer! A whole can of worms seems to be open here.

Before I go any further I would just like to reply to the following allegations made by Tim Barnett on the Shoreline facebook..

“I'm going to leave you, the players, decide why. But the following information maybe useful to you:

- Jamie Powell is the General for North v South.....an event run by a rival organiser
- David Jack plays for a team that is personally trained by the same rival organiser
- Pete Robinson in his abusive email replies openly admits to speaking about this to the same rival event organiser.

Hmm.....coincidence?

The same event organiser who has called half the industry complaining about Shoreline........all of which started after we launched Battle of Britain. I'll let you join the very closely spaced dots. Doesn't take Miss Marple to figure out what is going on here.”

If people are unhappy with an organizer, an event, or any other issue and they choose to raise that issue on what should be a public forum, they surely have the right to do so and the right to a reasonable reply rather than a banning order and/or threats?

The fact that Jamie Powell was ONE of the people who was subject to this censorship and was also North V South General are completely unconnected ! Jamie is a sensible mature guy, who runs a successful paintball company and team. He has his own views and to suggest that I (or anyone else at Warped) somehow “put him up to it” is simply ludicrous and completely paranoid!

As far as David Jack goes, he was also banned for asking questions and was immediately accused of being in league with Jamie Powell “you will know him hes was the OTHER North V South general” was a comment. Now Dave Jack has never been a general at N v S and in fact I knew nothing of his complaints/queries until he approached ME at an event and told me he had been banned for asking about a charity! To be honest until that point in time I don’t think I had ever spoken more than half a dozen words to the guy. I was however interested in what he had to say and did ask to be kept informed of any developments. I have since gone on to take an interest in Daves UK Mercs team, as I would do with any other local team who approached us asking for assistance! Its my JOB ! But again, to suggest that I had some prior knowledge or had coerced Dave or anyone else to harass Shoreline or raise questions about games, charity, or anything else is just ridiculous and for sure someone put 2 + 2 together here and made up 7 ! and if you read on the reasons why will become clear !

With regards the accusation about Warped complaining to the industry about Shoreline please understand this. Warped speak to ALL of our N v S vendors virtually weekly, especially right now when the event is only 3 months away and we have to sort everything out. We like to help promote what they are up to and hope they will help us promote the event in return. We have simple professional long term relationships with all of the suppliers and work together where we can. Now, far from us calling ANYONE to “complain” about Shoreline in fact I can state now that SEVERAL of those companies raised concerns with US about what was going on with the Super6 paint arrangements and the fact that it seems to be shrinking rather than growing (240 players is NOT a Big Game?), and that certain people were out of control and trying to dictate to everyone. Anyway we are not part of Super6, I am not party to the internal discussions of those who are, but it all sounds a mess and wow am I glad we stayed away now.

Let me make this clear. Warped have been working in UK paintball for over 20 years. We run ONE Big Game which we hope our hard work makes the biggest and best. We have NEVER had ANY issue with other event organizers. Many people put on great events, and we have neither discouraged or slagged off ANYONE who organizes a competing event. Why would we suddenly want to have a vendetta against Tim Barnett? Why not WDP and Diamond Wars, or their summer PAINTFEST event, or in fact Niall Squires with Star Wars, or Bully, or Tazball, or Apocolypse, or Mayhem, or ANYONE else who puts on a game !! What makes Tim Barnett think he is so special??

The fact is Tim has pissed off a lot of people. Am I responsible for the comments of “reni” “leachy” (see this thread) and the many others coming out of the woodwork who have been banned and treated badly for asking questions? Did I put them all up to it? I don’t even know who most of these guys are!! PLEASE ! get a GRIP! Or see someone about the paranoia, or stay off the gin ! Tim you clearly have some kind of god complex, to quote from one of your own posts We're the best in the UK at what we do and arguably one of the best in the world”How dare you insult the whole of UK paintball with this kind of crap, and how dare you insult me by trying to suggest your mess is an industry issue between you and I ? Do you think EVERYONE is stupid? You screw up, the **** hits the fan, and its MY fault ? come on you cant fool all the people all the time !

Super6 has not turned out to be what was promised that is clear, and internal problems causing organizers to leave and the reduced attendance are testament to that. The idea remains sound and workable in my opinion but it seems that Tim is hell bent on being number 1 and taking over the whole game, and has no respect for others who have worked for many years to bring the players good events. It’s the Tim way or the highway it seems, and many are now hitting the road !

The fact is putting on large events is hard and it is costly. Warped do it once a year and yes we do it for profit! If we cannot come out in the black we cannot keep growing or giving more back! That’s how it works for EVERY organizer and every company in the industry. I always distrust anyone who says they are doing it “for the player” on the one hand and then screws partners or players to get more money with the other.

Perhaps I SHOULD have a vendetta against Tim !, since he now says he has been “out to get me” and decided to put on a “free” game one week before North V South (Battle of Britain – Toffs V Flat Caps – COME ONE how ridiculoulously BLATANT do you want it !) – all because he says I called him “boy “at an event – which incidently is a complete fabrication!, I don’t believe I have EVER called ANYONE “boy” ! - Once again come on GET A GRIP !

So the thinking seems to be “you called me boy, you embarrassed me, therefore I will destroy you? “ I did wonder why the game was put on, and stated as much on UKScenario forum some time ago - a North V South “copy”one week before and free tickets sent out to all and sundry - you don’t have to be a rocket scientist to work out someone has it in for you !

Now that Tims vendetta is public knowledge I can assure you that he has simply galvanized everyone here at Warped, our families and our friends - we will be watching and will do everything we can to make people aware of your malice and hatred! – and work even harder to make our event better ! You started a war against us because someone told you I called you name ! and now that your wheels have fell off because of your own dodgy dealings somehow we are behind it?

Paintball is a great industry to be involved in. If you are considering a career or a business in paintball DO IT – but PLEASE take some advice, work WITH the industry, tell the TRUTH to the players, and don’t get sucked into the belief that destroying others is the way to get on. Do a good job, work hard, and respect others right to exist ! and you can survive and prosper.

With regards the “charity” issue. We donate to a charity, we give to Compton Hospice and support others locally on request. We give them a cheque, they give us a receipt and a wee certificate. Its simple and it works. In 2010 Shoreline gave to Help For Heroes. In 2011 they decided along with others to setup Support For Soldiers after meeting with Simon Weston – sounded to me like a very commendable cause. I personally thought nothing more of it until I heard people were being banned for asking about it.

Its what has happened SINCE seems to be a grey area. I have been sent forum links showing stated figures which were raised at specific events (£5000 announced at one event I believe?). Im told that £5 per player for every Super6 ticket was promised to Support For Soldiers ?, BZ handed over a sizeable cheque for what they had raised at £1 per box for the season, and thousands were surely generated from the scenario awards?, charity auctions? etc. Not to mention the collection boxes etc at all events. So there are clearly substantial sums of money involved, and those members of the public who have donated and then raised questions surely have a right to answers! Jeez its not rocket science, if your collecting a fund, keep it simple, show what you take, spend the money, show where you spent it? If this had been done surely no-one would have any queries whatsoever. I personally have no reason to suspect foul play here other than the ranting and raving, threatening people, and general evasiveness? – none of which show the fundraisers in a good light ? Whether it is a registered charity or not which incidentally also seems to the subject of some conjecture as Tim himself calls it a “charity” in an interview in Paintball Scene magazine? (October issue page 128)

So there you have it, I wont go on any more. Thanks to Pete and p8ntballer for the right to reply. To Tim Barnett I say this. Perhaps if you spent a bit less time thinking how you can destroy others and a bit more on how you can really help paintball (rather than just Tim Barnett) grow, you might not make so many enemies!

Run your business how you like, but for christs sake do the right thing and sort out the charity questions. And when you have had time to reflect, dont forget to apologise to me for your ridiculous conspiracy accusations.

Jim Frensham

Status
Not open for further replies.