The Home Of European Paintball

Oxford anyone?

Hunted

Oct 31, 2002
51:45:34 N 1:15:04 W
Visit site
Originally posted by Joff
Hi Hunted,

Where about's are you in Oxford? I didn't find any sites local (can you imagine how much the council would have charged for use of a field!?!) but if you've got wheels then Sparklies is 30 mins away in traffic.
Hi, Joff...

I live in headington, Oxford. Not too far from centre of town.
I do not what wheels at the moment. But I was thinking of taking a bus or a train to Wycombe station and taking a cab/taxi to her site.

Hunted

Joff

Web Monkey
Oct 28, 2002
UK
Visit site
Ah, ok.

There's a Jetlink 757 coach that runs along London Road (Headington) that stops off at Wycombe on the way to Cambridge - only takes about 40 mins.

It picks up opposite the Post Office in Headington (just by Co-Op) - I'm not sure on routes from Wycombe to Maidenhead tho.

Liz

Jan 17, 2002
Kent, UK
Visit site
Originally posted by Hunted

Hi, Joff...

I live in headington, Oxford. Not too far from centre of town.
I do not what wheels at the moment. But I was thinking of taking a bus or a train to Wycombe station and taking a cab/taxi to her site.

Hunted
Could be worth putting a begging post up when you are going especially for an Academy, as anyone coming past Maidenhead station or similar might give you a lift. As a) I come from the totally opposite direction (round the M25 from Kent) & b) I'm always late on Academy/training days, sorry but I can't help you myself.

Joff

Web Monkey
Oct 28, 2002
UK
Visit site
Liz, I was just about to offer a lift to Hunted as I might possibly be going down to Sparklies one weekend. The only problem is my plans often change from one day to the next so it's awkward if people are relying on you for transport.

Wycombe to Maidenhead shouldn't be too much for a Taxi - spyderflashlcd23 is also in Wycombe so you could share the cost... ;)

jeevusmaximus

Jan 12, 2002
Hunted, I go through Wycombe on my way to Sparklie's. If going there is easiest, find out where it will take you (probably the bus station) I can pick you up on my way through as long as it isnt too early or late.
Pm or email me the times of arrival for the bus to wycombe and also the place and we can sort something out.

Hunted

Oct 31, 2002
51:45:34 N 1:15:04 W
Visit site
Wow! I must say that either the Paintballing community is really tight or people are too kind. :D
Either way, this is a something I hadn't expected from people these days.

I would like to thank you all for helping this newbie (certainly in Paintball and in the area) out in offering a lift to giving me advice.

I will be showing up with a friend of mine. If he isn't tied up for that weekend. So sharing a taxi to Sparklie's site shouldn't be a problem.
However, I would like to meet you guys and thank you personally at the Academy.
How's a round of pints for all? lol

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To: Sparklie

I was wondering, is your site open every weekday/weekend or is it only open on certain days?

Thanks again, gents/ladies...

Hunted