Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Pa Has Taken All Teams that dropped out to court, (EDITED DUE TO MISREAD BY SOMEONE)

Status
Not open for further replies.

JoseDominguez

New cut and carved spine!
Oct 25, 2002
www.myspace.com
Back on topic........ my managers pack clearly stated that by signing up for the series you were obligated to pay the full amount. I think they wanted to avoid having teams that couldn't cut it bottling as soon as the results weren't coming in.

Last September would probably have been the time to mention that really... Like my Gym, broke my hand, haven't been able to go, but I've still got to pay membership for the year. Or Sky TV...... it's crap, still have to pay what I agreed to pay regardless.

Be interesting to see what's really going on.

Raffles

Going....going....not quite dead yet...
Jun 21, 2004
oldham - lancs
Originally posted by JoseDominguez
Back on topic........ my managers pack clearly stated that by signing up for the series you were obligated to pay the full amount....
Ian, any chance you could quote the relevent section please (word for word if possible)?

cheers

JoseDominguez

Oct 25, 2002
www.myspace.com
Originally posted by Baca Loco
Perhaps because it gives PA reps an opportunity to respond if they wish to? And closing it looks like the PA is running away from the issue?

btw, kids--you're all doing a splendid job of behaving yourselves. Keep it up and it's ice cream and cookies for everyone. On Duffy.
1) The PA reps can come on here and post... only Hatts is banned.
2) There's enough conspiracy theory about the PA without it tainting the boards. The minute anyone from the PA posts on there about this, the 'censorship' card will be played and they'll be accused of editting.
3) I locked it, bugger all to do with the PA reps.

JoseDominguez

Oct 25, 2002
www.myspace.com
Originally posted by Raffles
Ian, any chance you could quote the relevent section please (word for word if possible)?

cheers
It was on the sheet we sent back...... I remember it clearly as I got a bit of a shock and phoned them to clarify.

Anyone not read theirs?

:)

D

duffistuta

Originally posted by Baca Loco
Keep it up and it's ice cream and cookies for everyone. On Duffy.
There is nothing more helpless and irresponsible than a man in the depths of an ice cream binge.

Rosie

Aug 30, 2002
Nottingham
I think you should let Hatts back on temporarily

id be very interested to hear what they have to say. notably Russell et al havent said anything yet

also I dont think they'll get a penny out of anyone, as the terms of the contract were not adhered to, notably the venue was changed and ramping was introduced (increased fuel/accommodation costs, and safety concerns).

also how can a verbal agreement be legally binding (am i just showing my ignorance?), as wouldnt you need a recording or something: theres no hard evidence, and also if they were legally binding, wouldnt people lie in court about loads of stuff on the basis of a 'verbal agreement', as its more or less unprovable, as someone said, there was only the fact that the teams paid the PA some money to suggest that there was any kind of agreement.

D

duffistuta

I doubt whether Hatts would comment on this thread, and if he decided to then Russel could easily post on his behalf.

Always remember, The Paintball business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs.

There's also a negative side.

DANIEL

Jun 25, 2002
At the top.
Visit site
it was definitely on there about paying the whole amount even if you didn't play all legs.. they encouraged people to pay it all up front which would have been easier as they would not have to chase any unpaid bills.

I don't know what it said word for word, but as a team we talked about it as it would mean we needed the full dedication from all of our players.

I would also like to say that I do not feel that Hatts or the PA crew have ever lied to me or done anything behind my back regarding changes. I really liked playing the PA this year and intend to play it next year, It was a bit disappointing that some teams could not to play a whole series, due to lack of commitment / organisational or personal reasons. But I do not blame the PA for this

I'm sure the ramping issue was talked about before the first leg so any teams with Health and Safety concerns could have withdrawn before playing an event and not leave half way through.

Just a thought but you paid for entry into the league to actually play.. the rules would not neccessarily come into it. -- (just a thought, please don't flame me too bad)

another point - why don't the people who got letters just call Russ or Hatts to raise their queries rather than complaining on here and getting all worked up.

Dan.

pestilence

www.ppemporium.com
Jul 6, 2001
Cambs, England
WWW.PPEMPORIUM.CO.UK
Yes a verbal contract is binding, but you have to prove your word for it to be enforcable.

The wording of the contract here is the issue - if they have made a reasonable disclaimer - and most companies would - in regard to changes, etc then they are enforceable. If there is no disclaimer, then potentially you could counter sue for breech. if you have then subsequently played PA after those changes were implemented then you give sanction that you have agreed to such changes, and therfor the contract is enforceable and you may be liable.

you do not have a cooling off period - this isnt a credit card or finance agreement. If you wanted to secede from the contract, you could do so at anytime but you may be liable, unlesss there are terms in the original contract for such provision, or you altered it on sending back.

looks like jose is the only sensible one here - remember kids always read what your signing, as paintball is not above the civil law.........

Status
Not open for further replies.