Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Pa Has Taken All Teams that dropped out to court, (EDITED DUE TO MISREAD BY SOMEONE)

Status
Not open for further replies.

JoseDominguez

New cut and carved spine!
Oct 25, 2002
www.myspace.com
Originally posted by xXx
It is even more simple than that.
None of the teams have legal members as they are a group of guys who turn up and play and have no contract to the team.

I could be mistaken and Jose might know the answer to this but did the contract not have the team name on and not an individuals, and also I know at least two teams who have recieved these letters who did not recieve a copy of the contracts making it all worth bollocks all.

I have showed some one from a legal back ground this and he says he would take the case for no fee at all providing the person will counter claim for costs.
Under no circumstance will you have to pay anything.

any teams recieving these letters PM me if you need help guys.
Signed by the manager :) as first contact for the squad....... seriously, people need to think about what they signed. I had to sign ours. And all that said was 'in returning this form you agree that you are liable to pay the costs for the whole season'. At no point did it make any promises about rules, ramping, venue etc.... All we signed to was to play six legs of the PA league and to pay for them regardless of whether we showed or not.
The form with that statement was a promise from the teams to play six legs, nothing more. Honestly, read stuff before you sign it :)
There was lots of stuff we didn't like, but we made a commitment, and we stuck by it. We aren't playing next year as it was just too serious for us. But we played the six legs we promised to play. (And we paid by the leg, nothing up front). Originaly it was meant to be all up front, then they allowed an installment method of paying for teams without heavy cash support. That good deed has come to bite them on the arse now hasn't it?
As for not recieving contracts? They had to sign something to be included..... it was a sheet in the managers pack, may have been signed without full understanding. Who's fault is that :)

JoseDominguez

Oct 25, 2002
www.myspace.com
Originally posted by Tom Allen
Here's a question for the teams who have had this request for payment.

Has the place that you vacated been taken by another team.?

If the answer is yes, then why does the PA require payment for the games you didn't play, when they've been paid for by the new team.

Is this just greed or mismanagment.
Covering their own interest?

If a rec site books 100 players and 50 cancel the day before, do you give back the deposits? Hell no, even if you find 50 to replace them.
Without this side of it, the only thing you've got keeping a league structured is the honour of the teams involved.

xXx

Jun 7, 2004
UK
Visit site
Good news guys have been waiting for an email here is how it reads;

Following our previous conversation, unless the team have contracts holding them as a member of a particular team, and the team captain/manager has a contract appointing him as such, then anything signed on behalf of the team or by someone acting on behalf of the team would not stand in any court as there is no legal obligation to hold them to.

My advice is have anyone with this problem contact me and I will look at it further without cost. (although you will owe me several pints)

It is a joke, it must be, they can not seriously think people would just start handing over cash without taking legal advice.

JoseDominguez

Oct 25, 2002
www.myspace.com
I signed mine, said we'd show for six legs.

That was enough for me, but my word still means something to me:)

Baca was right, this is all turning into third person bollocks, so what's the point. Everyone's got an opinion, whether they are involved, have seen a contract, recieved a letter or remember reading/signing anything.

I've got a strange pain in my right lung, does anyone watch casualty? Or maybe have a brother in law who drinks with a Doctor?

:)

KitsuneAndy

Platinum Member
Originally posted by JoseDominguez

I've got a strange pain in my right lung, does anyone watch casualty? Or maybe have a brother in law who drinks with a Doctor?

:)
It's sometimes caused by too much blood in your alcohol stream :p

The title of this thread says that "all" teams that dropped out have been taken to court. But in reading it, it sounds like it's only Red Heat so far. Be interesting to see if it does happen to other teams as well.

But as Jose says, anyone not directly involved with this will not know the whole story so it's probably best just to let it go for now and see exactly what does develop.

mad dog

On Facebook
Jan 18, 2002
Nottingham / UK
www.maddivision.co.uk

If a rec site books 100 players and 50 cancel the day before, do you give back the deposits? Hell no, even if you find 50 to replace them.
Without this side of it, the only thing you've got keeping a league structured is the honour of the teams involved.

Right ok lets clear this up a bit did'nt Top Gun buy the old PA site up north off You know who?

Im not accusing you of anything because the lads are brilliant, and respect some of what you say in the argument. I think people are generally concerned that that some never signed paperwork, some did, and it has been misleading them.

They are sending letters out to teams who even had good reason to leave who have been friends with them for ages.

Questions arise why and why now? Money issues.. who knows?
Who cares?

It has been dealt with in a poor fashion and as so its going to bite them in the ass.

It had been discussed in the meeting when I was there if any team wanted out. Discuss it with us and we will work with you to sort the problem out, and if we have a team to take your place . We will work with you to sort your problems out, communicating with the PA after they got what they wanted looks like a door to door timeshare man saying "Ha. Thanks. Bye, enjoy.

Just don't leave us in the ****, well they changed the rules to some people's likes and others dislikes, it was called railroading and lies.

People want to play paintball full stop as such they had a captive audience who would sign anything if it put them on a paintball field. Thats how paintballers are! And they trust fello paintballer's

You know this!

Anybody who stood in there way was quashed or censored in one way or another, even valid arguments where thrown to one side and arrogance took over. You tell your customers to fcuk off do you, well they did.

Well its a shame they need to retract this stupid pursual of silly signed bits of letters and get on with customer relations and get the PA rocking with the original idea which Hatts set out with.

Nice and friendly and good management for forthcoming seasons.

So now all that was bull it seems, glad I decided just to watch and see what happened.

Anybody know the number for Takishi castle thing on sky, its gets coverage and is funny crap as well.

As for the teams I will leave it up to them to say who recieved letters but read back and you can see others than RED HEAT my friend who commented. or maybe the electronic bad debt computer has had the plug pulled suddenly, dam wires. ;)

Skeet

Platinum Member
Originally posted by tm167

Anyone who got shot at the PA by a ramping gun want the number of the national accident helpline :D
I know thats a Joke, but...wouldnt be very clever would it!! LOL!

This is major bollox really...if they were so inclined to be serious about this, they wouldnt have sent a letter stating they have taken legal advice, they would have instructed a Solicitor, to send letters to that effect.

All it is is, is scaremongering, in the hope that people will panic and pay up.

As has been suggested, there is only legal implications, if all parties involved, have signed a contract...even then, the contract would have to be worded correctly and state all terms and conditions.

And then, as was also suggested, any shortcomings, in what the PA provided, or did with "Team Slots", would also be breech of contract.

How stupid do they think Ballers are..I mean really?

Even the stupid ones, will have at least one friend who can read, possibly sign their own name...:D

thekid

Ego today.Gone tomorrow!
May 8, 2003
Northallerton
Visit site
well looks like im not the only one on here who thinks this is a load of...........

what i cant understand is,we did drop out of the PA ,but we did go down and have a good chat with Russ over this matter,and he told me that he didnt mind ,cos he had another team to fill our place!

now im getting letters to pay over 1000 pounds,which is incorrect cos we played one more leg than they have stated...

not funny!

how to spoil someone's day...thank you PA...

Tom Allen

TFP
Jul 4, 2003
Cardiff

Jose, we're not talking about 50 rec-ballers or deposits. We're talking about 7 or so paintballers paying per event. If their slot was filled for the remaining events, then why are they liable to pay for events that they did not play, and have already been paid for by another team.

Deposits are a completely different matter, and have nothing to do with this situation.

Don't get me wrong, i'm all in favour of the PA, and the league structure, but don't take the pi##.

Maybe a small administrative charge could be justified, but to ask a team to pay for events that have been paid for by someone else, is ridiculous.

Status
Not open for further replies.