Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

PA league format 2007 and the air issue

Russell Smith

The Paintball Association
so would i have to change my whip and fitting on my compressor ???????
I would imagine you would only need to change the fitting and not the entire whip, at the same time it may be better for you to reduce the pressure available to 3000 in the future with both fill nipples supported.
I know sites like yours who do cater for all walks of player may need to offer both fittings on whips with one of them reduced to 3000psi to improve safety.
It would be easy to make a change over piece that would allow you to fit both bottles from the same whip if required but as I said, it would be easier to reduce the pressure offered.
Do any of your players really need to have a higher pressure fill.

Russ

Thanks to russ for clarifying what seems to be happening. I do have a few questions though. First off why are people taking this to be a serious issue? Has anyone else spoken to their insurers (Syd, Dave etc) and also are these insurers aware of the tolerances that bottles are tested to? Putting 4500psi into a 3000 bottle, although not advisable, should really do no harm. Surely education has to be the best way forward rather than a complete shift in hardware.

robof9

awkward
Feb 20, 2005
East Coast
www.p8ntballer-forums.com
I would imagine you would only need to change the fitting and not the entire whip, at the same time it may be better for you to reduce the pressure available to 3000 in the future with both fill nipples supported.
I know sites like yours who do cater for all walks of player may need to offer both fittings on whips with one of them reduced to 3000psi to improve safety.
It would be easy to make a change over piece that would allow you to fit both bottles from the same whip if required but as I said, it would be easier to reduce the pressure offered.
Do any of your players really need to have a higher pressure fill.

Russ
russ, why cant they design the new nipple to fit the existing whip, but at the same time not allowing for 3000psi botts to filled from the new one. this would be an ideal solution, and really easy to do with a little engineering. just make the new nipple and whip longer...

Andy

F*ck Those Guys
Jul 6, 2001
would it not be easier to change the 3000 bottles nipples so that they carnt fit onto a 4500 one?? as theres got to be less of those bottles then 4500 ones surely:confused:

sponge10

myspace.com/londontigers
Jan 23, 2006
london
Visit site
Having played in the EXL,CPL and open X-BALL events myself for the last 3 seasons i really dont think anyone has to worry as a 3000 psi fill is more than enough for a point in a game of X-BALL:D :D

Lump

one case one kill
Sep 20, 2004
in the ABYSS
then it would seam to make the best option to only have 3000 fill at the pa.and then leave the nipples the way they are.then if it becomes an industry standard then we will have to take another look

Raffles

Going....going....not quite dead yet...
Jun 21, 2004
oldham - lancs
would it not be easier to change the 3000 bottles nipples so that they carnt fit onto a 4500 one?? as theres got to be less of those bottles then 4500 ones surely:confused:
Read back a couple of pages.

Thanks to sponge for clarifying (sp?) the fill regime at x-ball. TBH - I can't see a problem with having fills set at a 3k max - I always got shot out before I used any air anyway :eek: (saves a lot on the paint bill though).

Tom Allen

TFP
Jul 4, 2003
Cardiff
Remember guys we're looking at the whole picture here. If this needs to be done then it must be suitable for everyone, and i don't believe anyone would consider going back to 3000psi as a reasonable course of action.