Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

PSP off season shenanigans!

Ash - GI Sportz

GI Sportz
Jun 14, 2006
GI Towers
Joy Division had aftermarket boards too I think ;)
Now that was something everyone assumed to be true but was never proven.

If it was, then fair play to them for being able to maintain enough level of doubt and keeping it hushed.

If not, then fair play to them for being able to do something so consistently (mainly shoot people OTB) that we all assumed it had to be cheating!

Liam92

#16 Reading Entity
Nov 4, 2009
Glasgow, Scotland
I wasn't about for the old semi days, but i figure that despite it being back to semi, as its capped at 10 anyway any cheater boards which hide some sort of ramping feature aren't going to give a huge advantage. Sure it means somebody might be able to hold a lane while reloading a little better than the other guy but its the same lanes we've been using for years now anyway. The only real threat would be cheater boards that up the BPS but then these boards have been about for years anyway (e.g. DP revi) and its never been a problem.
when it comes to policing coaching, If everybody is moved back in to the grandstands so that coaches aren't up at the barriers then a lot of coaching may become lost in the noise of the crowd anyway. However trying to decide who is coaching and who isn't could become a bit of a grey area.
As for the field layouts being released in this new manner, this means that the divisional teams will have the field layout available for the entire duration between events after the first one? I'm no expert but i would assume the reason for this move in the first place is to stop big budget pro teams scrimming the layouts for weeks ahead of events, but now its just going to shift the budget advantage to the division teams instead. Could be a problem for the 'little guys' who otherwise had an even footing to compete with the bigger teams?

Bolter

Administrator
Aug 19, 2003
Kettering
www.facebook.com
Very hard to cheat with a 10.2bps cap. What possible advantage can you have? I cheat ramped it 1/8th second quicker to 10bps than you did ner ner ner ner!

When there was no upper bps limit it was a different story!

Liam92

#16 Reading Entity
Nov 4, 2009
Glasgow, Scotland
Very hard to cheat with a 10.2bps cap. What possible advantage can you have? I cheat ramped it 1/8th second quicker to 10bps than you did ner ner ner ner!

When there was no upper bps limit it was a different story!
Actually i do need to point out that the press release doesn't say anything about it being capped in words, it only says it will be semi. the chatter on the page however and comments from nick slowiak seems to suggest it will actually be uncapped. So the cheating business could become a problem after all.

Reactions: frobinson

Spikerz

Super Moderator
Mar 25, 2014
Houston VCK folds up. Not sure if it was mentioned before.

Also I remember the days of sponsors having different bunkers (Bring back the JT rocket ship!), and there'd be 6-7 different fields per event you got 6 hours to figure out on Thursday before playing Friday. I think it'll be a cool change.

Reactions: Bolter

Liam92

#16 Reading Entity
Nov 4, 2009
Glasgow, Scotland
i suppose the debate is field layouts released on event weekend = more crazy stuff happening on the field as people try to figure it out as they go. whereas release layouts prior to event = more intricate game plans or even some unexpected gameplans that after experimentation, turned out to work.

StewartW

Certified Eclipse Tech
Feb 13, 2012
Scotland
i suppose the debate is field layouts released on event weekend = more crazy stuff happening on the field as people try to figure it out as they go. whereas release layouts prior to event = more intricate game plans or even some unexpected gameplans that after experimentation, turned out to work.
People actually study the layouts?

Bolter

Administrator
Aug 19, 2003
Kettering
www.facebook.com
Houston VCK folds up. Not sure if it was mentioned before.

Also I remember the days of sponsors having different bunkers (Bring back the JT rocket ship!), and there'd be 6-7 different fields per event you got 6 hours to figure out on Thursday before playing Friday. I think it'll be a cool change.
yep millenniums a day early, walk 6-8 fields and come up with a few plans for each, AND remember them!

Dynasty always seem to save a sweet game plan for the final. Was so cool!