The Home Of European Paintball

Referee's Required Nationwide

jinx76

i'm with ure mom
Jun 16, 2003
sheep land
www.nolimitpainball.co.uk
well said but

Well to add fuel to Russ's fire, if the Eurorefs are so good, then could whoever it was who mentioned them on this thread please tell me why the Eurorefs and Mr. Stahr were told they would NOT be invited back to the States to ref for PSP in 2005. I was there along with the rest of the UK Refs and were told of Ulrich's underhand tactics in trying to secure the World Cup exclusively for the Eurorefs. Or the fact that the assistant X Ball Ultimate Tim Schroepfer, who is incidentally a good friend of the UK Refs, was not happy at all with the quality of what the Eurorefs had supplied.

Care to add to this Russ or any of my fellow UK Refs?:rolleyes:

ant my learned friend well said but was not needed what russ said was plenty he has not replied and from what i see has been sent to the corner of the room to put his dunce hat on for not reading the original post properly.

anyway hope ure well mate sorry i didnt see you at last p.a. but will be sure to come say ello at the cup ok mate

see you soon

regards

jinx/taz/ginge(one very mixed up ref/wanna be baller/ god knows what lol):):):)

Ant UK Ref

Apr 4, 2007
Manchester, England
ant my learned friend well said but was not needed what russ said was plenty he has not replied and from what i see has been sent to the corner of the room to put his dunce hat on for not reading the original post properly.

anyway hope ure well mate sorry i didnt see you at last p.a. but will be sure to come say ello at the cup ok mate

see you soon

regards

jinx/taz/ginge(one very mixed up ref/wanna be baller/ god knows what lol):):):)

Actually Jinx, the guy came on trying to rubbish what is a very good idea, saying that the Eurorefs would come and ref at the Masters, PA, D7's in fact ANY domestic event in this country. YEAH RIGHT!!! So, being in a position to also correct him on something, I did. Russ had actually forgot about the stuff that went on in America, I certainly didn't and that's why I added to what Russ had posted in reply

What Ulrich did was bad mouth the UK Refs to none other than Rosie Rose, who was still head honcho for the Open X Ball at PSP. Rosie got fed up of Ulrich's little stunt and actually told him to "shut the f*ck up, the UK Refs were here first and they will be here when you are long gone"

Tim Schroepfer, current ref co ordinator for the PSP, told me personally that he was not happy with the standard of the Millenium Refs, and promptly put us on Field 1 for Finals day and we showed the Millenium Refs how it should be done. The NXL Refs however are a different story altogether, very professional from the get go, and as such there is mutual respect between us and them. Sorry for taking this off topic by the way.

Russell Smith

The Paintball Association
Well thanks for all the volunteers and if I include the PMs and phone calls there must be over sixty people interested in this so it will be going ahead.
Venues and dates tbc but I am sure we will have at least one in each of the South, Midlands and Northern regions.

We don't need to use a site for the first part of the training because it will include a lot of discussion points and a training seminar we have used before.

To be a good ref (and player) you must have a decent understanding of the rules in use at the tournament you will be attending and so for the purpose of these training sessions we will use the current Millennium Series rulebook because that is the one the majority of tournaments try and use.
Please download and study them and if you would like any points explaining write them down so you do not forget them and remember there is no such thing as a stupid question.
http://www.millennium-series.com/downloads/rules.pdf

The other rulebooks in use in the UK such as the one used at the PA will be touched on but the emphasis will be on the Millennium version.

You will be asked for details to be entered on the database and that database will be made available to all bonafide tournament organisers.
The details will include:
Name.
Age with date of birth.
Area's you are willing to travel to attend an event.
Telephone number.
Email address.
Experience/training received.

The day will be loosely based on the old UKPSF ref course that ran successfully for a few years but with a modern game outlook.

The first one will be in late August/early September with a limit of around fifteen people.
The costs will be kept to the bare minimum and they will be confirmed as soon as we find a venue we can use.

Thanks.

Russ