Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Sergei Leontiev : The Russian Legion Response

Buddha 3

Hamfist McPunchalot
Rancid: :D That's some funny sh*t!

Paul: I don't think it does either, but it has been pointed out in other threads that by allowing full auto, we run the risk of markers being classified as fire arms. And we don't want that, do we.... As far as game advantage, I'd say there's next to none.

Robbo: Hardcore man....Hardcore :D

PS Paul, I'm not saying that the guy hasn't been a regular visitor, but there've been an whole lot of similar things happening lately. I just find it all a bit too coincidental.

manike2

Banned
Apr 28, 2002
Visit site
Interesting when I spoke to a lot of players at Portugal including quite a few well known Pros they all said that having a gun shoot in FA or with trigger bounce giving extra shots like turbo would be a significant advantage.

The general concensus was that it would be a big advantage on the break out where the more paint in the air would increase the chance of taking out a running player (some even cited this as the only reason they now use electro guns instead of Autocockers!)

They also said it would be an advantage when snap shooting to get more paint in the air in that crucial split second, and good for when you are posted on someone and want to look in a different direction.

manike

p.s. from other websites I've noticed that there are often a lot of first time posters on threads where they would have otherwise just lurked but the nature of a particular thread interests them enough that they feel they have to post. There are a huge number of people that lurk reading these pages but never post. I've had quite a few e-mails and phonecalls from people I didn't know were on here over the last few days :)

manike2

Banned
Apr 28, 2002
Visit site
We don't currently have an enforced max rate of fire... and I know many in the marker industry don't want one...

There is an agreement by some in the industry to limit it to 13bps but that is not kept to, by many, anymore. And it certainly isn't enforced anywhere.

If there was a max rate of fire it would in my opinion have to be quite low to negate the advantage of FA (i.e. at the rate the slowest person can pull a semi at...). And I don't think players would stand for such a low rof anymore... People love fast guns :D

manike

manike2

Banned
Apr 28, 2002
Visit site
I think 'reasonable' is semi auto, one shot per pull as fast as you can legitimately pull it :) It's a black and white common sense rule.

Easy to read, easy to understand, easy to implement, easy to judge. The simpler we can keep rules the easier it is for judges and players to understand them and the more consistency we have in the game.

If you start allowing any trigger bounces it gets too complicated to judge and starts pushing the legality issues in many European countries. In fact most marker manufacturers are more worried about Turbo and trigger bounce legality/liability than they are FA.

This is because with constant FA where you pull the trigger, hold it and it keeps firing then at least the user is in control. When they release the trigger the gun stops firing. With turbo or trigger bounce after the trigger is released it is possible for the gun to keep firing (even if it is just one shot). This in terms of legal liability issues is a nightmare for the marker manufacturers and is why you have seen Smart Parts make a 100% 'U' turn regarding turbo.

The liability of a marker which keeps firing when the user has released the trigger is insane. And this is what can happen with turbo or with guns set so close that the trigger bounces giving extra shots.

IS the liability risk and the competitive advantage of such fine tuned guns worth risking our marker manufacturers and the sport? I don't think so.

One pull, one shot is not that much of a sacrifice is it? This way people know the exact rules in black and white. If you allow 100 pulls 101 shots you start getting into a complicated world and the legislation of such would quickly become complex... When am I allowed that extra shot? If I pull once and get a second shot then I am 1 pull = 2 shots. What if it's the 100th pull or the 1st pull that gets the extra shot? etc. It's just too complicated. KISS (Keep It Simple Stupid :) )

Studies have shown that seriously fast people can get 13bps this way (The Chris Lasoya's of the world). I think Chris has even clocked a legitimate just under 14bps (and this is with a proper timer and not the Angel LCD screen which is not quite as accurate as people often think).

manike

Timmee

Apr 27, 2002
Ledyard, CT
Visit site
Hmm, ...

... a max rof rule could be useful in the sport, but may not be the solution for these problems. Although it would be easy to implement on most (if not all) electros, what about the mechanical markers that can legitimately step over that threshhold (like the AutoMag RT, which is theoretically capable of 26bps)? That's why I think a rof limit would be a good solution.

Also, was that first post comment also directed at me? I don't think more than 1 person saw that before it was deleted. :D

Mar 14, 2002
Exeter
www.alexmcknight.tk
Christ!

Maybe we should all go and have a beer, chillout, and end this thread?...

It has just taken me 1 and a half hours to read all this highly charged/amusing ****!!

Some people (mentioning no names) REALLY don't know when to quit!:rolleyes:

Chill Winston.