Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Staargate 2008 is go!

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
I think Lee has addressed the problems in a responsible manner and I doubt there will be a repeat of the shortfalls mentioned at any future events.

However, the same degree of professionalism has not been displayed by all parties concerned and as Newboy suggests, the air supply people have been negligent in so many ways, not least of which is their abject inability to take responsibility for their own (in)actions and been so quick to blame everybody else but themselves.
This reaction from them descended into the most absurd of all accusations whereby I was being criticised by this jim guy for being negligent in terms of allowing you people to voice their dissatisfaction.
Now, if you can follow that logic, you can also follow Thomas the Tank engine :rolleyes:

I don't like rude people, i also hate people who put others at risk because of laziness and/ or lack of a professional attitude, this guy has pushed all the wrong buttons as far as I am concerned and I'm not alone as I have received a multitude of messages from people all saying the same thing about him.

I have also received 5 messages from guys who could reasonably be regarded as big hitters in our domestic paintball industry, and all of them have the same perception as me regrading him where he has pi$sed them off big time.

Not a particularly good strategy when you run a business .......:rolleyes:

steviecarson

Mar 26, 2004
scotland
www.paintballalexandria.com
I for one enjoyed myself at starrgate . I thought it was a little 1 sidded but somtimes it happens .I got shot a bit more than normal but hey! who cares
bruises heal and glory lasts forever. Iv played 5 out of 6 of the annual kennys games and apart from starr warrs 1 thought this was the best. Lee/tim have some experiance on running big games but this was by far the biggest they have done and mabey they got caught off gaurd a little but knowing them it wont happen again, infact i get the impression they might leave this well alone next year. we have already lost 2 organizers of big games in this country so instead of slating try telling them what you would like to see at future events.Yes i do belive the price was on the steep side and would have liked to see some of the freebies of past years but remember bully has ran 7 big games and countless tournies this was these guys first atempt at a real BIG GAME.

stevie
team pba

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
Steve, I have edited your post and you know exactly what I have taken out, why on earth you would wish to write what you did is beyond me, it was irresponsible to say the least, and here's why:-

First off, people don't need to get into contact with them, they need to come on here and defend themselves, but from my experience of the man, and from what a lot of others (very well respected people within our industry and also friends of mine) have told me, this guy's response would be meaningless.

The tone of your post was also giving the wrong impression because you seem to be suggesting Tim / Lee won't be running an event next year and you also seem to infer this has something to do with people complaining ....that is a fackin joke and an insult to the people who post here because you are invalidating their grievances whilst at the same time admonishing any responsibility toward Tim and Lee ...problem for you is, Tim and Lee have already accepted responsibility and admitted they fcuked up ...which pretty much leaves you up the swanny .....

This was not a great event and for you to suggest it was best one you have attended says more about you I'm afraid than it does about the event itself.

Tim and Lee seem OK sorta guys and I respect anyone who has come on here as they have done and responded as they did...it took balls!!!
I do not however respect jim kellet who seems to threaten to sue everybody who says anything that runs contra to his misguided beliefs .... these are laughable if not insane protestations.

I have no idea why you think you would get a ban because that ain't gonna happen but if I think you are deliberately defending a man who has compromised paying paintballers then you will be banned quicker than a hit wiped by a pro player.

You can post what you like mate but DO NOT play games with people's safety by getting involved with things / threads that have now gone way past your remit.

I honestly hope you are just being naive here and if you are, I will apologise for my tone right now but I think you better do a little more research before you next post and maybe that will mean you won't be too sympathetic to the people who supplied the air ... as far as I have been told, they broke the law and most definitely did not follow accepted procedures for dispensing 4500 psi to the public.
That is unforgivable ...his attitude to me was rude and arrogant, consequently he don't get no second chances with me nor on this site...end of !!!

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
Just as a follow up to this disgraceful affair, I received a phone call from a guy called Phil Mac'something', I'm not sure of his last name but the point is, he works for kellet the air guy, but unlike kellet, this man has some integrity, or so I had been told by a few people who had also called me up.

Anyways, he starts by asking me to delete / rebut a post that had been made by someone in this thread. I sorta believed what he was saying but the crux of his problem was a part of what one poster had said (Lucifer8), was false.
It was suggested that when he (Phil) was adjusting a fill whip with a spanner, it blew out....
Phil did not deny he did adjust it but contested it blew out ...

Seemed like a ridiculously small point in the light of all else that went on but since he had taken the bother to call me on it i thought I better act on it and get in touch with lucifer8.

But before I got around to that, Phil went on, he then asked me about my statement in the thread where I said i had been told that the way in which air was dispensed at this event was illegal and broke the normal protocols.
He then asked who had told me that it was illegal.

Immediately this flagged up alarm bells because there was only one reason he would want to know the identity of these people and that was because this phone call was being puppeted by kellet.
kellet as we are all now finding out is not averse to threatening anybody with law suits and in his befuddled mind, I am sure he would think he had some legal recourse if he could get the names of people who had suggested he was running an illegal sham.
The fact he has no legal leg to stand on seems beyond him but it reminds of the guys who used to materialize at the end of night when i was bouncing years ago, they stand there threatening the door staff with lord knows what and when one of us moved forward to accommodate his wishes, they ran like a whippet with its ass on fire or bleating like a girl, 'i didn't actually mean it boo hoo ..... don't bully me' :rolleyes:

Of course, the names weren't given over and I asked Phil to explain to me, in detail why he thought it wasn't illegal.
To cut a long story short, his basic premise was that even though there are guidelines and accepted procedures that cover the dispensing of air to the public, they are not actually covered in a legal sense.
I then got him to admit, that guidelines and procedures had been broken even if the law of the land had not, he admitted this to me yesterday.
HE ADMITTED TO ME GUIDELINES AND PROCEDURES WERE BROKEN !!
In my eyes, this pretty much renders any illegality academic anyway.

I then asked Phil, 'isn't the fact you had kids dispensing air a legal problem'? and he replied, (not verbatim but close enough) 'I didn't actually see any kids dispense air at this event' ....
Now this statement blew my head off because I had assumed after what people had told me, this Phil guy was an honest man and could be relied upon to be pretty straight with me.
But.....I knew full well kids had administered air there on many occasions and for him to then state he didn't see any (when he was there all day) can only be reconciled if his name was Stevie Wonder.
I then asked him to restate this and make very sure he did NOT lie to me again ... there was a pause because I think he realized he wasn't gonna get that past me again.

He then said, 'OK, i did see one kid do it but....'
As soon as that left his mouth, I told him to 'fcuk off' and he had had his chance .....I ain't got time to listen to liars or to people who are but puppets of others who ain't got the balls to do their own dirty work.

I think this now puts to bed any doubt whatsoever as to where the blame lies for this debacle, leastwise the air supply problems at this event.

The joke and irony of this is, this could have all been avoided had kellet's tone been different ....he seems incapable of taking responsibility for anything and I doubt he will ever get work again in the UK tourney scene ...and rightly so.