Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Staargate 2008 is go!

scooby_doo

Born to be BUD
Jan 11, 2007
Liverpool
Jckk335_crazy what's your id on UK Scenario? as I do not recall seeing that one. Mine is the same on every forum by the way and though I only have afew on here I have 800+ on UK scenario.

In answer to your post you have your order way wrong and Dark Warrior is correct.

I am responsible for my kit and it is all in perfect condition, I cannot vouch for everyone elses nor can I inspect everyones from a logistical or authority point of view.

The responsibility must rest with the air providers as it is their livliehood and insurance.

The organisers should ensure that their providers are capable of fulfiling thier obligations especially when you become the first game ever(scenario) to charge extra for air.

Then the players but most of us know our kit is sorted so think about it less.

Jckk335_crazy

Always reads never posts
Mar 21, 2008
Durham in the North East
my nick on uksenario is crazy_paintballer and i have just only posted a few posts. The reason that i posted was that i was not asked about my bottle at staargate and thought that there was something wrong. I should of asked and didn't that was my fault and many more because i am not the only one.

They other part that i was trying to get across was that when i played on that sat the guy in charge of the air fills asked had we got our bottles tagged as we could not fill up if we weren't going to play.

Dark Warrior

www.paintballscene.co.uk
Nov 28, 2002
www.paintballscene.co.uk
my nick on uksenario is crazy_paintballer and i have just only posted a few posts. The reason that i posted was that i was not asked about my bottle at staargate and thought that there was something wrong. I should of asked and didn't that was my fault and many more because i am not the only one.

They other part that i was trying to get across was that when i played on that sat the guy in charge of the air fills asked had we got our bottles tagged as we could not fill up if we weren't going to play.
Yep you should have asked, but before it gets to that stage First the Supplier must fail in his legal obligation and Second the Event Organiser fails to make sure safety is not compromised.

Strange that the guy ask if your bottles were tagged, as from what I understand is that the tagging was for 4500 fills.
When he tagged your bottle, why did he not check it was in date and in good condition or was he just concerned about the £2 fee
Puzzled why you would charge a £2 fee for 4500 fills when you system is supposedly designed to cater for that as standard.
Imagine if every body decided to just fill to 3000 instead of 4500 :D

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
Well sorry for upsetting the so called boss i am first time poster and i am normally found on uksenario. All I thought was to post like everyone else was on this years staargate. However i can see that i have offended you so sorry, but all i can see from this forum free speach is not allowed as people shout you down.

The only question is that who's fault was it for the safety checks on bottles:

1. The Players
2. The Marshals
3. The Event organisers
4. The People supplying the air

The Blame game will go on until people admit responsability for their mistake but shouting at people won't do that.

I think I might try to learn how to spell 'responsibility' before getting on my high horse and trying to allocate it.

I don't believe a word of what you are saying here and furthermore, free speech (note the spelling of 'speech' here dumbass) is allowed, even people who might have the temerity to disagree with me also get more than an opportunity to do so but what I will not have is people like you frequenting my site.
You sir, are a moron who would have us all compromise our safety because of your ignorance!!!

I don't mind you being a danger to yourself (this would be life's way of thinning out the herd) but I will not tolerate idiots like you spouting utter cr@p concerning the laws and regulations of our sport.

PS If you change the '335' in your name to 'ass', it will then assume a much closer approximation to your true identity ......

modd1uk

Banned
Mar 21, 2006
I think I might try to learn how to spell 'responsibility' before getting on my horse and trying to allocate it.

I don't believe a word of what you are saying here and furthermore, free speech (note the spelling of 'speech' here dumbass) is allowed, even people who might have the temerity to disagree with me also get more than an opportunity to do so but what I will not have is people like you frequenting my site.
You sir, are a moron who would have us all compromise our safety because of your ignorance!!!

I don't mind you being a danger to yourself (this would be life's way of thinning out the herd) but I will not tolerate idiots like you spouting utter cr@p concerning the laws and regulations of our sport.

PS If you change the '335' in your name to 'ass', it will then assume a much closer approximation to your true nature ......
Robbo, im sure your some form of wizzard......you use words that i for one cannot understand, i do however agree with what you saying ( the most part i understand...)

Kenny

I Play Paintball!
Aug 10, 2006
Andy ask nicely and he might mention your name in a post....

As for this 'Crazy' guy I dont think he is from the Staargate air fill station but his post does seem a little strange.

Also - to pick on this line "my bottle is brand new i bought it a couple of months ago from a reputable shop were i get all my gear and if there was a problem i would return it"

If something goes wrong there is a chance you dont get chance to return it.

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
As for this 'Crazy' guy I dont think he is from the Staargate air fill station but his post does seem a little strange.
Fire, you may be right mate but if he isn't, then my money would be on that air guy jim putting him up to it because when I had that conversation on the phone with the air guy, he seemed convinced he was gonna get someone to post for him (he didn't have the balls to do it himself) and so it may well be, our little jackass guy is his puppet.

Mind you, you'd think if you got someone to stand up for you on some forum somewhere, you'd at least check if they were able to wield the English language more proficiently than that of a 5 year old .......:rolleyes:

I think that oversight may well be an indicator as to the level of intelligence of the people we are dealing with here. .... and these people are in charge of YOUR 4500 air stations ?????????????

You kiddin' me guys ??????????

You kiddin' me event organisers???????

...at your fackin peril they are .......

Right, I'm off to watch my son play footie, let's see if I can get past a Sunday without being interviewed by Mr Plod on Monday morning :rolleyes:

Equinox

Go Ball Deep!!!
The only question is that who's fault was it for the safety checks on bottles:

1. The Players
2. The Marshals
3. The Event organisers
4. The People supplying the air

The Blame game will go on until people admit responsability for their mistake but shouting at people won't do that.
No offence mate, But your talking bollocks..

Some people are very technically inept, and know very little about their air systems. its not their fault, they just dont think in mechanical terms.
Its up to the Air suppliers to protect these people from themselves. and others around them from them also.

here is an example, say i organise a group parachute jump.
do i say "mehh, its up to the jumpers to ensure they know how to safely use there parachutes!!" i dont think so...

After Robbo's phonecall, and the experience many have had, including myself at the hands of these suppliers, i think its safe to say we should boycott any events hosted by these air suppliers.
As for the laughable threat of libel action due to our freedom of oppinion and speech, lets just assume that for one minute such a farce actually did make it to court, it would be up to the suppliers to prove that they did no wrong and that our oppinions are false, frankly, theres no way in hell they could do that..

Kudos to shoreline for stepping forward and putting up their hands in admitting they made mistakes, but we all already knew that, what were more interested in is what they intend to do about it in future..

And to the moron who implied "first timers dont have the right to criticize as they dont support paintball" Please!! do us all a favour and take your attitude to another sport.

Wickham

Therapy Paintball
Feb 8, 2005
www.shorelinepaintball.com
Kudos to shoreline for stepping forward and putting up their hands in admitting they made mistakes, but we all already knew that, what were more interested in is what they intend to do about it in future..
Apart from the money charged for the 4500k fills being donated to the "HELP FOR HEROES" charity, we will also be taking steps to ensure that these mistakes never happen again. Those steps will be outlined in the information released on our next event.

At Shoreline we take the safety of all players and staff very seriously and we promise that the breaches in safety and sanitation outlined at the Staargate event will be fully investigated and dealt with accordingly.

We will also be taking note of all the feedback given on this and other forums, we take your feedback seriously and would like to hear from anyone who has issues large or small with our events. I can be contacted personally on lee@shorelinepaintball.com

newboy

Down but not out.
Feb 15, 2006
Hereford
Visit site
Fair play.Nice move by Lee Wickham for taking the time to post again.If a company can admit they got things wrong AND take steps to prevent the same things happening again in the future then I guess alot of people will give them another chance.On the other hand ,when a company hides from the problem (air man) and also tries to move the blame to other parties then all respect is lost.