Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Staargate 2008 is go!

Kenny

I Play Paintball!
Aug 10, 2006
Robbo... What can I say... Thanks...

The tart wont get anywhere.. How does he know its me writing this and not my gran? She LOVES Paintball when her new hips allow! But then again she thinks he is a nugget too!!

On a serious note..

If I was him and I was happy with how I conducted my self and the service would I really need to go on to a Paintball forum to do "Battle" with those who were not happy..

Answer.. Not really. I am looking forward to the lone poster who comes on saying "That guy doing the air at staargate.. the one that looked like Jack Black... I loved him he was da best!!

Dark Warrior

www.paintballscene.co.uk
Nov 28, 2002
www.paintballscene.co.uk
Interesting

So in theory you could have filled a,

DOT bottle
Bottle, out of Test
Damaged bottle
CO2 bottle with an air reg

and no one would have known.

My understanding is that it is illegal to commercially fill any of the above and the air supplier has a duty of care not just to man the stations but to provide adequately trained staff to prevent any of the above happening

Now a liable lawsuit against a person runs the risk of 500+ players being called to give evidence in court as to the standard of supervision. Now that could provide an interesting result.

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
Every now and then, our sport seems to throw up these idiots who love to threaten law suits for the most unbelievable of things when in reality, this response is merely a smokescreen to cover up their own fcuk ups or inadequacies.

I don't like these sorta people, they are weak and mouthy, they have no integrity or guts. It would seem after reading some of these posts that the air suppliers for this event were running illegally and as such, we as a sport need to keep well away from outfits like this because they sound like an accident waiting to happen.

A few people have already been in touch about these people and clued me up as to what they are like, anybody who uses these people to supply air at events run a real risk here and have only themselves to blame if something goes wrong ...which it will .......trouble is, it will be some young kid who cops it in the head and gets injured ....want that on your conscience anybody???
Not me mate, not me ......

Rider

scottishwarriors.co.uk
actually this isn't the only site that has made comment about the air supply.
i know for a fact that the posts on UKScenario mention it several times, and we have also mentioned it on our forum.

so for this guy to say this is the only site is complete nonsense.

we all experienced the same thing - a lack of HPA safety. my bottles weren't checked when i purchased 2x 4.5k fills, they weren't checked before any of the fills. (although on the first fill i was simply told "the red lines are 4.5k").

perhaps i should have said "you want to check my bottles?", but then is it not within the air suppliers remit to ensure the safety.

other than a few times i saw the big bloke (name unknown, but i assume the bloke from paramina) hovering on the air station in the main safe area, i wasn't aware of anyone overseeing fills. they may have been there, but i wasn't aware of them.

to threaten a liable action for stating what 500 people have experienced and several have spoken out against is utter nonsense.

what needs to happen is that this doesn't happen again.

Jckk335_crazy

Always reads never posts
Mar 21, 2008
Durham in the North East
I understand peoples probs with the air on the day of staargate and i don't want to cause upset with people but what a lot of people should of done and i am guilty of this too was ask tim/lee who checks the bottles before we play. This was never done or we would not have this comment about in this thread.

I played on the saturday in a mini match and was told before i could fill i had to get my bottle checked and when i went all the marshal did was give me a black tie rap for my bottle and got me to sign my name on a list and said i was ok to fill. Again I should of asked them if they wanted to check my bottle.

The main thing that i am pleased with that my bottle is brand new i bought it a couple of months ago from a reputable shop were i get all my gear and if there was a problem i would return it.

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
I understand peoples probs with the air on the day of staargate and i don't want to cause upset with people but what a lot of people should of done and i am guilty of this too was ask tim/lee who checks the bottles before we play. This was never done or we would not have this comment about in this thread.

I played on the saturday in a mini match and was told before i could fill i had to get my bottle checked and when i went all the marshal did was give me a black tie rap for my bottle and got me to sign my name on a list and said i was ok to fill. Again I should of asked them if they wanted to check my bottle.

The main thing that i am pleased with that my bottle is brand new i bought it a couple of months ago from a reputable shop were i get all my gear and if there was a problem i would return it.

This post stinks to me and smells like somebody trying to divert attention away from themselves ...it's a first time poster for one, it is written by somebody who has the brain of a peanut and the grammatical skills of an anvil, it is so transparent as to be laughable because it tries (in vain) to lay the responsibility of air bottle checking at Tim and Lee's feet and I'm afraid any buffoon knows, it is incumbent upon the people who supply the air to check all the rigs and bottles ...this is the law.
Well any buffoon apart from this particular buffoon it seems ....

I give you guys one guess as to the author of this piece of crap masquerading as an independent post .....hmmmmm, lemme think......:rolleyes:

I could be wrong but it smells awful bad from where I'm sitting, what do you guys think ?

Jckk335_crazy

Always reads never posts
Mar 21, 2008
Durham in the North East
This post stinks to me and smells like somebody trying to divert attention away from themselves ...it's a first time poster for one, it is written by somebody who has the brain of a peanut and the grammatical skills of an anvil, it is so transparent as to be laughable because it tries (in vain) to lay the responsibility of air bottle checking at Tim and Lee's feet and I'm afraid any buffoon knows, it is incumbent upon the people who supply the air to check all the rigs and bottles ...this is the law.
Well any buffoon apart from this particular buffoon it seems ....

I give you guys one guess as to the author of this piece of crap masquerading as an independent post .....hmmmmm, lemme think......:rolleyes:

I could be wrong but it smells awful bad from where I'm sitting, what do you guys think ?
Well sorry for upsetting the so called boss i am first time poster and i am normally found on uksenario. All I thought was to post like everyone else was on this years staargate. However i can see that i have offended you so sorry, but all i can see from this forum free speach is not allowed as people shout you down.

The only question is that who's fault was it for the safety checks on bottles:

1. The Players
2. The Marshals
3. The Event organisers
4. The People supplying the air

The Blame game will go on until people admit responsability for their mistake but shouting at people won't do that.

Dark Warrior

www.paintballscene.co.uk
Nov 28, 2002
www.paintballscene.co.uk
Well sorry for upsetting the so called boss i am first time poster and i am normally found on uksenario. All I thought was to post like everyone else was on this years staargate. However i can see that i have offended you so sorry, but all i can see from this forum free speach is not allowed as people shout you down.

The only question is that who's fault was it for the safety checks on bottles:

1. The Players

2. The Marshals

3. The Event organisers

4. The People supplying the air

The Blame game will go on until people admit responsability for their mistake but shouting at people won't do that.

According to the law

Nothing to do with marshals

Think Robbo is still upset about the phonecall he received threatening libel suits :)