Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

staining paint...again

Red_Merkin

IMHO
Jul 9, 2001
Montreal
Sam,
Until someone loses a venue due to staining paint, nothing is going to happen. If people insist on using staining paint, there's nothing you can do about it. You can appeal to their concience, but these are paintballers we're talking about here, so i doubt that's going to effect the offending parties :rolleyes:

I believe all that can be said has been said, and since none of the UK promoters have come on here saying they're prepared to do anything about it nothing is going to happen.

gaff

www.hired-killaz.com
Mar 12, 2003
'in ya face baby!'
Originally posted by sjt19
I have no problem naming Zap as the paint that is doing most of the staining, as i have a wider experience this season playing against teams shooting Zap as i have played vs teams in the MS and M25 who have shot me with it. THE PINK STUFF --> IT STAINS! The quicker people accept that, and stop seing it as a Draxxus player attacking a Zap brand
Sam Telfer :)
sam me old chunder monkey! :D

as all will easily see i am sponsored by ZAP so i am not gonna start ranting and raving about the stuff cos you will all flame me for supporting the hand that effectively feeds our team.

but what i will say (hopefully you will accept that this is an objective discovery not aimed at any other brand) after the last M25 that we did (Chobham) one of our young runners was instructed to collect 10 of each paintball that he could find on the floor, from these i did some very basic tests on a white towel, the only paint to stain was a pink fill with a purple and pink stripey shell (manufacturer i dont know) i can assure you the neither Draxxus or ZAP (ultimate or Amp) stained at all!!!!

this was i admit a very basic test, but from the ZAP camp all i can say is we shoot each other more in training than any of you teams out there and you can see my training top if you wish, it is spotlessly clean,and we use nothing other than ZAP

so i think as a suggestion, get off this thread and send mail to the paint companies, if they recieve 2-3000 mails telling them that you are not happy then they are more likely to act

2p plop

Red_Merkin

IMHO
Jul 9, 2001
Montreal
Gaff
we already know it's not pink ZAP that stains, the fill is very thick, but it washes out.
The paint you are looking for that stains is whatever Impact were shooting at the last M25.
I know where they shot me, and i know the stain dosn't come out, but i have no absolute proof, just my word on it.
The only way to be sure is to test paintballs like you did on location on the day. I guess you took a step in the right direction, now Sparklie and other promoters have to go to the different teams and ask for a paint sample, (from someone's hopper), bag it, and take it away for testing.
It's the only way to stop this.

gaff

www.hired-killaz.com
Mar 12, 2003
'in ya face baby!'
Originally posted by Red_Merkin
Gaff
we already know it's not pink ZAP that stains, the fill is very thick, but it washes out.
The paint you are looking for that stains is whatever Impact were shooting at the last M25.
I know where they shot me, and i know the stain dosn't come out, but i have no absolute proof, just my word on it.
The only way to be sure is to test paintballs like you did on location on the day. I guess you took a step in the right direction, now Sparklie and other promoters have to go to the different teams and ask for a paint sample, (from someone's hopper), bag it, and take it away for testing.
It's the only way to stop this.
thanks for that, but the thread that reads pink paint will not be allowed at Campaign will really affect us as our Tourney paint only comes in pink! as you know it does not stain does this mean we are gonna be allowed to use it? should we send a sample to Niall?

sjt19

May 23, 2002
Visit site
Originally posted by Red_Merkin
Gaff
we already know it's not pink ZAP that stains, the fill is very thick, but it washes out..
Col, i got shot by Team Cyclone in Sweden, they are a Zap sponsored team, i got shot on the glove, and the pink paint stained my skin through the glove. It was PINK and it refused to come out until about 3 days after i got back from Sweden, even though i had showered at least 4/5 times and used a scrubbing brush on the stained area.

Pink Zap from Sweden did stain. There is no debating it

gaff

www.hired-killaz.com
Mar 12, 2003
'in ya face baby!'
cheers colin i will!

Sam....i have had my hands stained from Hellfire, Ultimate infact quite a few paints, also the dye from my gloves stain, the curry that i had last week stained oh and the sun has just made them all brownish!

sorry for the sarcasm, the point i am trying to make is everytime i play my hands get stained from something, will Dye please change the die used in the production of their gloves cos it stains.... no!

categorically i can state that ZAP ultimate does not stain clothing or skin (other than maybe hands!)

sykesg

Smakin your Bitch up
Aug 22, 2001
London
www.mayhemtigers.com
sorry mate

gotta disagree the pink zap that storm was shooting at STB stained my skin very badly, it seems to come out of clothes OK but my skin was still stained for a couple of days after the event. The same thing happened after we had played cyclone in sweden. :(

sjt19

May 23, 2002
Visit site
sorry mate

Originally posted by sykesg
The same thing happened after we had played cyclone in sweden. :(
Same here! Gaff, you cannot speak for what Cyclone were shooting as you werent there, It was Zap paint, and it stained my skin. You cant argue that at all cos its the truth and no amount of personal assurances about the non stainingness will change it. You will just have to believe me. I would also like to say that i have never been stained after having been shot by Storm. maybe Zap paint varies from country to country. Is that possible?

I was stained through my glove, and there is no pink colouring on my glove nefore the game, so the dye fom the glove was not responsible. It was the paint they (Cyclone) shot me with, end of story:)

JoseDominguez

New cut and carved spine!
Oct 25, 2002
www.myspace.com
So we all seem to be saying, that no matter how hard we scrub our skin, it stays stained pink? weird, bet if you keep scrubbing it will stain red too.

Out damn spot.

:)

Some of my lot were stained pink after the PA, pretty funny..........did our paint stain anyone?

Oh hang on, silly me we didn't hit anyone :)