The Home Of European Paintball

staining paint...again

Flash-Bugout

doin' other stuffs
Jul 6, 2001
need to get hold of Tank for an exit
I blame the pigeons and Market Share

Originally posted by Phantom Paint Chucker
Oh and do I hear all the American's moaning on about paint on their kit.........:confused:
Could it be perhaps, that it's a fill that's particular to Europe?

Combined with that fact that playing tops in the US probably have the same cost relationship as other paintball kit - ie about half the price?

And for the record, my top that was stained is a Smart Patents ;) Fighter Top.

sjt19

May 23, 2002
Visit site
I blame the pigeons and Market Share

Originally posted by Phantom Paint Chucker
I am still not convinced that all this staining paint is nothing more than trying to get one or more brands taken off the tournament circuit so another supposedly "brand which doesn't stain because certain people say so" can step in an increase their market share.
Cant believe anyone would write this. How about this : PEOPLE ARE COMPLAINING BECAUSE THEY ARE BEING STAINED. NO OTHER REASON. NOBODY IS TRYING TO TAKE OVER TEH WORLD PAINT
SCENE

If Torobal was staining then i would complain about that, if it was Severe i would complain about that....the maker of the paint is irrelevant. Its the stains that piss people off, not who makes the paint

Greg

Banned
Jul 9, 2001
Campaign aka me home
Originally posted by Shuck
Is it not true that in America, they don't worry about staining paint, or was that just a crappy rumour? :rolleyes:

ever heard of rps evil mate?

now i get the idea that it might be "evil" staining paint or can someone on nexus please correct me.

kyle

Ronnie Hollington

London Tigers #9
Aug 4, 2003
Mayhem
www.mayhem-paintball.co.uk
Whinging ronie

Originally posted by Godlike player
I think you had better get your facts right my dear ronie when people refer to cyclone they are refering to severe paint not the team cyclone .and severe is not made by zap

the only time i have had any stains were from an orange paint Diablo i beleve as it was when playing against the tigers at the last m25 and its really funny that a person from a stronly diablo sponsored team is the one doing all the whinges dont get shot up so much and then you wont have to wash your kit also ban grass as those stains are really hard to wash out too.
Its Ronnie btw, and the paint we were using at the m25 last leg was flare which does not stain, we have been using it on site last few weeks and we used it up north infact we have used it nearly all m25 legs and uk tournies. if u read what i wrote i was saying that paint does not tend to stain clothes. my gripe is that its been eating anti fog coating on our goggles and stains the skins. also it kills the grass. not all pink paint stains just pink tends to stain more then any other colour. if i am working for "Draxxus" not diablo, why would i point out or try to clear up a mis understanding between cyclone the team and cyclone the brand of paint.

i am more concerned that stainning paint will give paintball bad press. if the m25 cant get venues cause a leisure centre cant get pink paint of its running track, buildings or astro. surely this would do more harm to me then having a top ruined although ive stated enough times now ive never had a top stainned by paint.

i could have chosen to hide behind another nick like some of the cowards who have come on to flame me. but i stand by what ive said cuase i care about paintball, i dont give a crap about the politics, if i did i would not have laid all my cards on the table saying who i am, and what connections / sponcers i have in the paintball industry.

Jose u are right nearly every paint manfacture i know of has made a staining paint at one point. i just named the main culprate atm.

L J

big big titties
Re: Whinging ronie

Originally posted by Ronnie Hollington

Jose u are right nearly every paint manfacture i know of has made a staining paint at one point. i just named the main culprate atm.
i think you will find most companies are a culprate at the moment mate, ive seen complaints about RPS,Zap,Diablo/draxxus/severe, most companys basically, notice how the teams that are sponsored always say their paint doesnt stain:rolleyes:

guys, this wont be settled by saying another companies paint stains, as others have said, its not the brand, its the colour (well 99% anyway:) ) the pink has to be more coloured as it isnt primary. just live with it, or write an email to the company and say what u guys have said here, bitching to other teams wont help!:(

Jake

r o o k i e .... my arse!
Apr 11, 2002
Chelmsford, UK
Visit site
I still dont see how you jump to the conclusion of sponsored team = ulterior motives? If I had been stained by a particular colour of a particular brand I'd bloody name it as well!!!!

Why does it matter if you name it - and why are you getting your knickers in such a twist because SOME of the people that are saying the paint stains play on a sponsored team.

It seems ridiculous that people are getting upset by other people trying to improve the quality and safety of the products being used in paintball.

I know - why dont we all beat around the bush putting very little pressure on any company to change their fills in case someone gets upset. That way clothing and skin can continue to get damaged and no-one will upset a profit making company that would otherwise respond to the wishes of its consumers.

:rolleyes:

Ronnie Hollington

London Tigers #9
Aug 4, 2003
Mayhem
www.mayhem-paintball.co.uk
The reason i named zap is cuase its the main culprate. yes other paint manafactures have made staining paint and im sure zap are not the only ones with a staining paint on the market in europe. But i know a lot of teams sick of the zap pink atm. i have no hiden agenda or i would hide behind a fake nick like most of the people who have flamed me.

the ppl at the zap stand when one of my mates confronted them about there paint staining laughed in his face. So i think im well within in my right to name it.

There was no pink draxxus or server sold at stb, and seeing as its pink that ive only seen staining lens and skin leaves it pretty slim on who is to blame.

ive not seen evil from rps in years in the uk only marbalizer which ive never seen stain.

Troggy

May 12, 2003
Pompey in'it
www.ibertek.com
THIS IS GETTING BORING

Right, there is NO POINT is everyone slagging off one, two or ten paintball manufacturers.

Sponsored teams will shoot pink paint if that is what there sponsors choose to make, for the majority of us we cannot afford to have it any other way.

Tournament Organisers - ok they have taken the first stance, I know lets ban this brand and that brand from this leg of the tournament (oh and whilst I'm at it, I'll prevent half the teams from playing - see paragraph above)!

Ok, the majority seem to think it is the pink paint. Fine, put a damn poll up on here saying should we ban pink paint? YES OR NO? send it to all the manufacturers. Then we will see if these companies are interested in what the customer really wants.

End of the line is quit the witch hunting, its childish and will not get any of you anywhere other than P*ssing each other off. You talk about the paint damaging the public opinion of paintball.....what about this PUBLIC forum?

I personally have not had any problems with anyone's paint staining me or my kit after being washed - i don't say it doesn't happen - I am just lucky I guess.

sjt19

May 23, 2002
Visit site
Originally posted by Jake
I still dont see how you jump to the conclusion of sponsored team = ulterior motives? If I had been stained by a particular colour of a particular brand I'd bloody name it as well!!!!

Why does it matter if you name it - and why are you getting your knickers in such a twist because SOME of the people that are saying the paint stains play on a sponsored team.

It seems ridiculous that people are getting upset by other people trying to improve the quality and safety of the products being used in paintball.

I know - why dont we all beat around the bush putting very little pressure on any company to change their fills in case someone gets upset. That way clothing and skin can continue to get damaged and no-one will upset a profit making company that would otherwise respond to the wishes of its consumers.

:rolleyes:
A great post, totally agree with EVERYTHING in it!:) People need to stop thinking that politics is behind every emotional aspect of paintball. If it was Draxxus that was staining then i would shoot a different colour, and talk to the guys who give us the Draxxus paint. As it happens i have never had/ heard anyone complain tht Draxxus stains, some batched used to but they have been fixed and dont anymore. I have no problem naming Zap as the paint that is doing most of the staining, as i have a wider experience this season playing against teams shooting Zap as i have played vs teams in the MS and M25 who have shot me with it. THE PINK STUFF --> IT STAINS! The quicker people accept that, and stop seing it as a Draxxus player attacking a Zap brand, and see it as a player getting frustrated at having stained goggles/skin, the quicker we can sort the problem out.

Sam Telfer :)