The Home Of European Paintball

Staining paint

Collier

Arsed?
Jan 2, 2002
Macclesfield
Visit site
Originally posted by Acidd_UK
Seems the only way to resole this is for an event organiser to get some team tops, some tourney paint from the main suppliers, and test the blooming stuff. The fact is, staining paint is not allowed under the Milennium (and thus most/?all? UK series). It's not individual teams fault - after all who is going to annoy the sponsor that gives them sponsorship on paint? But if the paint companies can be named and shamed independantly, then given say 6 months to change to a non-staining formula before they are banned from most / all European series, then it would be solved in 6 months.

Now all it needs is for the Milennium to follow this up.

Tom
It'd probably take well over 6 months to get through the current stock! :)

Paul
:)

DANIEL

Jun 25, 2002
At the top.
Visit site
I thought it would of been tested before it was released, and if found to be staining the formula changed, maybe it is just a bad batch and will resolve itself.

Acidd_UK

Oct 12, 2001
York
Visit site
Originally posted by Paul_collier
It'd probably take well over 6 months to get through the current stock! :)

Paul
Exactly, so there's no huge rush, but would be good to get the ball rolling. Maybe if the millennium told the paint compainies responsible in private and gave them 6 months to change formula or be 'named and shamed'?

It just needs someone to enforce the rules!

Tom

IanC

Jan 24, 2003
Searching for the pro-tour....:S
Hellfire???

Ok, blatantly promted by the M25 rules.
Anybody got any orange stains that they KNOW is from Hellfire??

Also anybody KNOW that it kills grass??? If it does then why have I still got a lawn???

Its not really a problem for me as I shoot inferno at tourneys to keep the paint order simple, thats what everyone else on the team shoots but whay are we suddenly turning on orange paint?

I thought the consensus was that pink and white were most likely to stain. I'm confused :confused:

Ian

Jun 14, 2003
Visit site
Originally posted by Red_Merkin
the pink paint is the Zap that storm shoot.
It's the most evil paint i've ever seen.
This is from the M25 rules on Sparklie's forum.

3.12.2 Paint should be non-staining and should not permanently damage grass e.g. must not use Hellfire, pink-fill Cyclone.

Looks like all those totally unjustified accusations aimed at certain teams are completely unfounded.

Does anyone know what paint that bloke Red Merkin uses?

Liz

Jan 17, 2002
Kent, UK
Visit site
Stop Press!

It appears that Sparklie's info was a bit out of date, and Hellfire no longer has any staining properties so is no longer on the banned list. The rules have been amended to reflect this, and Sparklie has asked me to apologise to both Draxxus and any teams who have been inconvenienced by this.

neill

Sep 22, 2002
Visit site
just come back from a tourney today and after being lit up on game four of 7 had a lovely pink stain on my svelte belly got home and spent 20 minutes soaking in a hot bath(as hot as i could stand) and srubbing with shower gel(fcuk brand sponsorship plug pretty please) finally got the majority off but still have a pinkish shadow though not that bothered but doesnt go with my dragon/eagle tattoo on my chest(glad the team i guested for supplird me with a team top or id be slightly pist at a possibly ruined dye top at forty quid
just my two pennth no disrespect to anyone but for finacial sakes please can it be sorted soon
or is a collusion between top and paint manufactures to get us to buy new kit every other week;) :D :rolleyes: just a thought for all the conspiracy theorists:rolleyes:

laters neill

Collier

Arsed?
Jan 2, 2002
Macclesfield
Visit site
Originally posted by neill
just come back from a tourney today and after being lit up on game four of 7 had a lovely pink stain on my svelte belly got home and spent 20 minutes soaking in a hot bath(as hot as i could stand) and srubbing with shower gel(fcuk brand sponsorship plug pretty please) finally got the majority off but still have a pinkish shadow though not that bothered but doesnt go with my dragon/eagle tattoo on my chest(glad the team i guested for supplird me with a team top or id be slightly pist at a possibly ruined dye top at forty quid
just my two pennth no disrespect to anyone but for finacial sakes please can it be sorted soon
or is a collusion between top and paint manufactures to get us to buy new kit every other week;) :D :rolleyes: just a thought for all the conspiracy theorists:rolleyes:

laters neill
Well it aint severe cyclone as that was banned apparently?:confused: is that right?

Paul