The Home Of European Paintball

THE PA reaches the parts other tourneys cant

jahlad

Emortal
Feb 11, 2002
Planet, 0161
Take some action

Originally posted by Crusher
Remember you can always fill in your complaint forms within 30 minutes and get an issue resolved!

Refs dicision is usually final though:rolleyes:

It might be usfull if someone (outside the net) told a player they were hit in areas they couldnt see. Or even approach players after and maybe point out where they may improve there game and stay in the white and keep out of the grey. It is more constructive than bitchin and moaning on here. Most teams now have ways of dealing with discipline. Its just that a few things escape when they are debriefed.

Still a great day though:D
actually complaints must be placed within 15 mins

Robeenio

Super Robeenio
Dec 4, 2002
Staying warm on a sunday!
what can i say!!!........ absolutley mega whomper nodjer top job! lmao!

a massive shout to hatts and gillie and all who organised it! thanks to russel rulebook for laying down the law so well in the rule book!

the day ran smoother than a babies bottom and the level of competition was uber badass!!

judges..... what can i say ..... top job!

:D

big up to lincoln storm who lived up to their name when we played em (wolf city union) we had a damn hail storm! i remember coming off with ice all over me barrel and one of our guys air system had frosting all over! lmao!

super games by all! loads of sporting behaviour!
all teams a credit to themselves!

and a shout out to my boys wolf city! well played all! 2nd tourny outing 2nd/3rd 1st time and 3rd place this time! things can only get better! rock n roll gents!

super event!
see you in the middle next month! :D

Robin Wilkes
aka Chief
Wolf City Union

Boyley

gunz 4 hire Ate my DOG!!!
Apr 28, 2003
Fuego Paint shoot it!!!!
Visit site
As tourneys go it was in a different class to most of the others I have played.
There are some teething problems to get over however and I think that Hatts and Gill would accept some constructive criticism so here I go....

Judges
As everyone has been saying there was a very high and fair standard of play, what if it wasn’t as fair next time and further into the season when the pressure is on and the rules are being pushed to the limits and beyond, will the four or five judges per field be able to cope. I think not!!!! You need some more of the very well trained and tested judges you are using. I know it will be a hard task to find people who would rather judge than play the PA (or any of the lesser tourneys)

Synchronous Starts
In my opinion they could have worked a lot better there was too much time spent waiting once you were on the field due to other fields not being ready. For it to work I think the teams waiting to go onto the fields should be chrono'd as soon as the game before them goes onto the field if not before, and the teams waiting to go on after them should be sent to the fields by someone in the staging area. Pretty much like the Euro indoor in that respect very well organised for getting teams to fields.

Staging Area
No two ways about it, needs to be bigger.

That’s it other than to say the competition was awesome and if its as close next time I might not start brawling with team mates over the flag in the middle of the field when there is still some of the opposition left (thanks Tremmor that’s 4 less fantasy league points for me!!!!)

McD I did get some points though so my sister will cost you more than £5;)

Ronnie unlucky against the union dude, and I prefered the smack talk to you bigging us up though.....

Later
Boyley

Crusher

Wondering whats next??
Mar 11, 2002
Illinois
Thats what i thought

30mins is what I remembered but I trusted Jahlad!

Or has it changed? Can someone shed some light onto the matter?

Russell Smith

The Paintball Association
Well I have a few things to say myself but before I do I would like to offer my thanks to just some of the people who helped make this weekend work
Firstly to Andy and Gillie Hatton who not only saw the future but also have paid for it to happen and like Steve Bull will go down in paintball history as some of the good guys.
My thanks also to the twenty-one referees who worked their collective butts off to make it one of the great days in UK paintball.
To all the paintballers who came down on Saturday to walk the fields and then started to help out from Ronnie (Just somanc) who found fields 3 and 4 not inflated so took off his backpack and got stuck in cheers mate, To spud who went to a camping store to purchase 300 metal tent pegs to pin the netting down and many many others.

To all the people who have made comments on here and the PA forums both good and bad I promise you we will take on board what you say but reserve the right to totally ignore it.

I have seen many posting saying it was the best event they have ever been to, Well if you want my opinion it was garbage.

That’s garbage compared to where we want to take it, We was short of refs but because we have promised the players if someone is a PA registered player that person will not be allowed to ref that season and if you are a registered referee you can not play the same season you ref. It left us short in the pool so to speak (The PGI sevens on the same day didn’t help either).

The marquee will be bigger next time Hatts has already said so.
I will try my best to get more referees
We have plans for the dead boxes
No criticism is bad and we will do our best to put right any problems you have.

If you have had a manager’s pack you will see the level we are trying to attain on a permanent basis.

I have been involved in what must be hundreds of events and only seen the non-paintball press attend twice the PA Cup last year and the first event off the PA league and that should tell you all you need to know.

The PA League is like garlic bread – it’s the future and I’ve tasted it.:) .

Crusher

Wondering whats next??
Mar 11, 2002
Illinois
MMMMM

Russ,

If its garlic bread now.....:)

Will it be garlic bread with CHEESE! next time:D

It was still good, I cant wait to see what it'll be like in the summer!

Thats what i thought

Originally posted by Crusher
30mins is what I remembered but I trusted Jahlad!

Or has it changed? Can someone shed some light onto the matter?
15 minutes to lodge a verbal for the easy and quick decisions...30 minutes to submit a written...we figured not everyone can write as fast as they they talk. Also remember the "complaints" forms are really designed for serious breeches of regulations...not "I shot him before he shot me", "that ref is flipping blind" or "I'm sure that guy wiped" kind of complaints.

A written complaint should be treated with some reverence and seriousness and is only for use by team managers, as by rights a written complaint should be grounds for calling a meeting of the PA comittee to discuss it, which is why it's not really for things like "playing on" which is something to be decided at referees level. What we're looking for here is serious and significant breeches in protocol, like a team trying to field ringers, equipment tampering, security breeches, etc.

Some people have asked why we bothered to introduce a written complaints procedure. Again it's another step to formalising the format and if we're going to continue to attract the interest of the likes of William Hill they need to see procedures in place and to have assurances that things are being done properly. Think Jockey Club :)

Extremely serious breeches of regulations or complaints should be reported in writing by formal letter, not e-mail...although a quick e-mail or phone call to let us know it's coming would be both useful & courteous :). I sincerely hope we never reach that stage. Not until I'm no longer chairman of the PA anyway.