Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

THE PA reaches the parts other tourneys cant

Mikey D

I suck
Sep 14, 2002
Birmingham
jahlad, you just reminded me actually.
I knows its been mentioned by mario elsewhere that as it was the first event the marshalls werent too strict on some things, but all day I was only checked for layers once, our second game on field 2, but not once was a checked for studs. although i was wearing blades, plastic ones at that, not once was I checked for this having played all 9 games.

I'm not sure whether its in the rule book about dry firing, but I had to tell a few people it wasnt allowed, think it would be a good idea to hang a few signs around the players tent as some people didnt have a clue about that.

happy you have some negatives now ;) :p

thats how good it was. such small things like these are all we can moan about.

UK paintball has changed for the better.. the rules is one of the reasons i.e less grey areas. its upto all managers and team staff to get the rules to all there players on the roster..and then for all players to read them. its no good saying "i didnt know that was in the rules" theres more to being pro than getting free paint and kit or playing at the top level, its how the team conducts it self on and off the field.

Edited due to getting my wrists slapped but I will remind you that my views are purely my own, and in no way represent my team, my sponsors or anybody else. After all I am known as a gobby git anyhow who speaks his mind.

Originally posted by roland

If this facility is permanent how about renting it out to other tourny series. Maybe PGI 7's could play on the Saturday and the PA on the Sunday. Series 2004 another week and the MM/KOTH another week. That would mean it could be used three weekends a month, might help pay its way. This would be excellent for me as I only live 15 miles away
Now why would they want to do that. I was talking to Hatts and his plans are to have 8 field set ups, and two training fields. Now this is no to get more teams down to play but so he can rotate the fields and let the grass grow back. If hes planning on doing this why would he want another series to come down and wreck the playing surfaces.

Okay rant over. Well done to all the hard work that those individuals who have helped set this series up have done.
Looks like its going to be a good year.

TL

Just goes to show that if you build it they will come rings true.
:D

Mikey D

I suck
Sep 14, 2002
Birmingham
just watched all of them (can use realplay too, prefer it over quicktime, busy day at work you see ;)) some good action. good quality considering the netting is in the way. think it was the manc union game, nice comment by a spectator about 'not bad for a fat c***' :D
good stuff, shame about the results in most of them eh :)

oh, and come on. own up. who dropped their gun sliding in against the sabres (i wont mention mine against lincoln storm, need to practice diving in) happens to the best of em eh :D

Tom Tom

Damn you ALL
Jul 27, 2001
Waterlooville
www.thinkingfortuesday.com
Originally posted by mike from brum
just watched all of them (can use realplay too, prefer it over quicktime, busy day at work you see ;)) some good action. good quality considering the netting is in the way. think it was the manc union game, nice comment by a spectator about 'not bad for a fat c***' :D
good stuff, shame about the results in most of them eh :)

oh, and come on. own up. who dropped their gun sliding in against the sabres (i wont mention mine against lincoln storm, need to practice diving in) happens to the best of em eh :D
Looks Like Jason......;)
You want to see the one where Aarron lost his hopper and starts to feed pots manually:D

I had to edit the begining of the Manc game (had it from 30 secs but you get rather a long story of a guy and a Lazy boy chair...I will say no more)

How can it take 10 minutes to read a thread.

I'm going to complain now. Not enough moaning going on. That's what the UK's known for. If it carries on like this the rest of the world will think we've gone soft.

Although that said I LOVE THE PA. Best tourney ever. It didn't just raise the bar, it got a new postcode. If it's going to get better then Pure Promotions better start to rethink their game plan if they want to stay top.

Gups

May 9, 2003
Aldershot
Originally posted by Dunerat
Well organised, enjoyed thoroughly, marshalling could be a little bit better, seen some dire calls. But all in all top notch.
Ignore him Guys... he's South African... it's his nature to moan... and he'll be bitchwhipped at the next team meeting ;)

Refs get the flack in EVERY sport, if they make the right call for one team its the wrong call for the other team. I thought the judging was very fair and what was refreshing and positive about PA reffing is that if a judging error was made there was scope for change via the team manager approaching the field ultimate who then took the opinions on what the other refs had seen too. Thanks guys!

Crusher

Wondering whats next??
Mar 11, 2002
Illinois
Take some action

Remember you can always fill in your complaint forms within 15 (cos Jahlad says so) minutes and get an issue resolved!

Refs dicision is usually final though:rolleyes:

It might be usfull if someone (outside the net) told a player they were hit in areas they couldnt see. Or even approach players after and maybe point out where they may improve there game and stay in the white and keep out of the grey. It is more constructive than bitchin and moaning on here. Most teams now have ways of dealing with discipline. Its just that a few things escape when they are debriefed.

Still a great day though:D