Status
Not open for further replies.

Troggy

May 12, 2003
Pompey in'it
www.ibertek.com
Baco,

I quite agree.

Robbo, I think you have answered your own original statement. Yes you are quite right that Nexus, Tigers are probably the best two teams in the country of the moment, however, if your focus is on being the best in Europe / the world and you don't have the time to worry/concentrate on a UK series then surely thats your own issue.

I have seen you compare paintball to other major sports like football, ok lets apply the same here...Man Utd said a very similar thing a couple of years ago when they were in the running for the treble cup win, they were talking about pulling out of one because of time. But did they then turn around and say its not fair for another team to call themselves the best because they won?

I think this cup should have better ways of qualifiying than the current method, but I also believe that there is a place for a UK title, which has NOTHING to do with millennium events. Once again lets compare to football, Champions League does not tell us that the highest placing England team is the best team in England, thats what the premiership is for....

My 2p's worth

Greg

Banned
Jul 9, 2001
Campaign aka me home
Re: Re: Go One

Originally posted by go-one

Top 50.....................(3 UK events entered or more (hence no NEXUS))

Tigers Pro
K2
Inferno
Shockwave Pro
Kelly's
Imperial
Ecstacy
Backlash
RPS Chameleons
RPS Vipers Black
Team Swat
Jaguars
Redz
Shockwave Am
Storm Pro
Illusion
Team Vortex
Tigers Am
UK Chameleons (RPS ?)
Delta
Unknown
NoXcuse
Psycho Pimps
Raven
Killer Clowns
Storm Am
Silverback
Don't Panic
Nitro
Sad Uk
RPS Vipers Gold
Red Heat
Sinners Repent
Hurricane
Illusion II
Team Hype
Team Quest
RPS Viper
Panic Attack
Campaign P Red
DV8
Legion
Impact
Shockwave Nov / III
DOA Zelots
Team Wolf
UK Marshals 1
Tremmor / yellow
Phoenix
Kamikazees
How have you got Shockwave Am below Redz, Swat (who??), Ectsacy, Both Vipers teams and the Jaguars? Seems to me that the formula doesnt result in the better teams getting recognition for what they have achieved this season. (Shock Am- Highest placed Uk am A team in the MS dont forget)

And K2 in 2nd place?? How come? The Northern competitions dont have the same level of competition as te M25 does with theams like Tigers, Shockwave, Shockwave Am, Backlash, Ecstacy and others....... What does the north have that can compare to that? K2 have played an easier series than all of the teams just mentioned...yet they are higher ranked? And Inferno in 3rd?!?!?!?!?!:confused: :confused: would you expect them to come to the M25 and finish up at the end of the pile or 2nd in Div 1?? I think not! Would K2?? I think not!

I doubt that guys from the teams low in the list are bothered at all as the list is far from representative of the state of Uk ball in terms of ranking. It only gives the higer teams (with the exception of Tigers) a false sense of superiority.

you obviously did not consult the Millennium Series in terms of points. could the system not have included results from there? It would have made sense if you are gonna copmpare competitions like the M25 to the S2003 and MM in terms of standard of opposition. If you had included the MS and the S7 you would have a far better picture of who is where in Uk ball.

:rolleyes:

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
Ya know what, I read all this bollocks being written by some people who wanna dive in at the end and wanna appear smart arses, from others who ain't got any idea whatsoever and now I'm seeing a love-cloud desecend upon our realtionship with the Tigers...well let's cut thru all the bollocks here, I hate bull !!!

I don't give a rat's ass about the Tigers, in fact, I don't give a rat's ass about any team apart from my team Nexus and that's the way it should be.
There are plenty of people I like and respect on the Tigers for sure but as a team entity, they are there for me to beat, that is all.
I am in this sport as a coach to win, I work hard, very hard with my team to achieve excellence for both ourselves and our sposnors.

What Woz said was not only a downright ignorant pack of lies but was borne more out of jealousy than any other motive.
He is not somebody on the Tigers I respect or like but that does not mean his actions will affect the way I regard the nice guys on that team, and there are plenty of them who play for the Tigers.

But when they don their Tiger's jerseys, my guys are gonna try and rip them apart...just like any other team we play..but as soon as the game is over..hostilities are suspended and we all get back to being civilised human beings and in some cases genuine friends.
And that's the way it should be but let's cut all this crap out about love between the teams, bull frikkin sh!t, I don't care where they place in an event, all I care about is our placing, I hate the fackin Tigers but I like and respect the vast majority of the guys who play for them...I hope you get what I mean !

Anyway, I am off on my hols tomorrow...for a well earned rest from all this cr@p :)

Mark Toye-Nexus

Rushers
Jul 18, 2001
Sarf London
Pete

Thats what I call a 'call to arms' - I love it!!!

Hmmmm I gotta stop takin that Valium!!

But in the mean time - some major love to you too Petey!!!!

LOL

Mark

Re: Re: Re: Go One

Originally posted by Greg

And K2 in 2nd place?? How come? The Northern competitions dont have the same level of competition as te M25 does with theams like Tigers, Shockwave, Shockwave Am, Backlash, Ecstacy and others....... What does the north have that can compare to that? K2 have played an easier series than all of the teams just mentioned...yet they are higher ranked? And Inferno in 3rd?!?!?!?!?!:confused: :confused: would you expect them to come to the M25 and finish up at the end of the pile or 2nd in Div 1?? I think not! Would K2?? I think not!

Nice to see the world still revolves around London:rolleyes:

greg,
well done in managing to put another layer on the North/South devide and insult all the northern teams at the same time - impressive.
The reason K2 don't compete in the M25 is because we decided to concentrate on an established series this year. We made a commitment to our sponsors and have stuck to it.
You clearly don't know anything about K2 otherwise you'd know that the team thrive on playing the, so called, bigger teams and do so on an even footing.
In answer to your question - yes we would expect to be on the top of the pile because we don't play for second best,

JJ

D6

Jun 21, 2002
Nakatomi Plaza
Re: Re: Re: Go One

Originally posted by Greg
The Northern competitions dont have the same level of competition as te M25 does with theams like Tigers, Shockwave, Shockwave Am, Backlash, Ecstacy and others....... What does the north have that can compare to that?
No denying that the south has some good teams- and i'm a proud southerner- but I'd strongly disagree with that. Kelly's and K2 are excellent examples of good northern teams. Maybe not team related as such, but do you take into account Manchesters win at the PA cup ?

Alan Smith

***-for-life
I gotta say a big up to Pete's post there, that's the way it should be true competitors on field and friends off. Can't wait to play Campaign, do we know for sure on how many NXL teams will make the trip?

Oh on topic of the thread I'm sure if the Tigers can make the UKPL final they will do their best to attend. Obviously having the detail's sooner would help out with our fixture dates.

Cool

Alan.................

Gups

May 9, 2003
Aldershot
Originally posted by Robbo
...I don't give a rat's ass about the Tigers, in fact, I don't give a rat's ass about any team apart from my team Nexus...
(and all the other b@//@<%5 you posted)

The way it's coming across is that you don't really give a "rats ass" about paintball in general, Robbo, except for what glory you can get out of it ... IMO That's not a great image to promote when there are a lot of impressionable young players out there who hang on your every word. :mad:
Anyway...
My understanding of the UKPL is that it was created to PROMOTE paintball in the UK. To help get paintball recognised as a 'Sport'. One major thing we were lacking, which other sports have, is a National League. Trina/Bully/Les/Chris(Syd)/ Robbo/Nicola and Wayne are striving to IMPROVE the future of British Paintball and deserve our support, not a flaming for trying to achieve and promote a common goal.
Luckily for paintball there are many 'little people' at grass roots level who DO give a "rats ass", and give it their best on a daily basis because they have a passion for Paintball, not just for the glory.

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
Originally posted by Unnamed Tsunami Player
(and all the other b@//@<%5 you posted)

The way it's coming across is that you don't really give a "rats ass" about paintball in general, Robbo, except for what glory you can get out of it ... IMO That's not a great image to promote when there are a lot of impressionable young players out there who hang on your every word. :mad:
Anyway...
My understanding of the UKPL is that it was created to PROMOTE paintball in the UK. To help get paintball recognised as a 'Sport'. One major thing we were lacking, which other sports have, is a National League. Trina/Bully/Les/Chris(Syd)/ Robbo/Nicola and Wayne are striving to IMPROVE the future of British Paintball and deserve our support, not a flaming for trying to achieve and promote a common goal.
Luckily for paintball there are many 'little people' at grass roots level who DO give a "rats ass", and give it their best on a daily basis because they have a passion for Paintball, not just for the glory.
Do you practice being deliberately stupid or were you just born that way ?

I have to ask because only an idiot would interpret my quote you posted in the way that you have, now re-read it carefully, bear in mind the Nexus training day, think about nigh on 300 frikkin articles I have written, think about..., think about everything I get involved in and then tell me again I don't give a rat's ass about paintball.

The quote you posted referred to the competitve spirit between top teams, any teams in fact who hold competitiveness as a key element of play, and Alan Smith in the post previous to yours has just recognised, acknowledged and applauded what I meant, he plays for the Tigers by the way.....

Now go back under your little stone, stop trying to be a smart ass at my expense and if you wanna make yer mark on this game, do something on the field instead of making yerself look an idiot off of it.

Buns of steel

Coach & Banker!!!!!!
Jul 22, 2003
sussex.
Visit site
Best Team?

Robbo,
everyone is missing the point you and a couple of intelligent others are trying to put across. There is no way to say who is the best team in the UK at the moment because there is no way for them all to be compared on the same scale. In the old days (do you remember them:D ) you knew who the best teams were because they shone out above all the rest, but today its much more complicated.
What it really means is you have to believe in your own position in the great scheme of things, go out rip 'em up and shake their hands at the end of it.
We all know who is the best team at the end of the day anyway, don't we;)
See you and yours out on the park:D

Steve "Buns of Steel" Wilson

Status
Not open for further replies.