Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Tips for getting started in Paintball

Vietnow

Apr 1, 2014
Should I get a multi-back barrel system or new generation hopper as my first upgrade? Thanks a lot.

Tom

Tom
Nov 27, 2006
Salisbury
www.TaskForceDelta.co.uk
Should I get a multi-back barrel system or new generation hopper as my first upgrade? Thanks a lot.
A barrel kit will either make you obsessed with getting the best match, or you end up sticking with one particular size until there is an issue.

The hopper could be the better first buy. Pretty much any force feed hopper is a good buy.

Vietnow

Apr 1, 2014
Well I have a DraXXus pulse hopper that I love to death so unless the new Dye ones are super amazing a stainless backed freak sounds like a good idea in the desert. But, it is also 200 bucks and it sounds like they never worked. I could never afford one and have always just had a Dye Ultralite with a team bore size only back I got in a trade forever ago. Just wanted to pick up some accuracy. Is there any use at all to the bending barrel tips I keep reading about? I had a Flatline on my Tippiman 98 Custom back in the day and would love to slap the old, and I mean old, vert feed from AGM on there while shooting curve balls around bunkers. Just sounds too good to be true. Thanks for the help!

P.S. - Is Empire padding still really good?

P.P.S. - I loved my Dye ACTs but they fell apart. What type of shoe should I get to emulate them? They were the best thing ever.

Tom

Tom
Nov 27, 2006
Salisbury
www.TaskForceDelta.co.uk
I can recommend the freak set as I use them, but there can be a lot of discussion on the benefits of over or under boring.
Realy it's a matter of sizing up and seeing what is best for you

You can go for freak on a semi limited budget by buying a spaced out selection of inserts as opposed to every size - or buy them over time. Obviously if you buy a full set at once it will work out cheaper, but you will probably find you use a limited number of specific sizes

The hammerhead system has a guide on 'tuning' the barrel and you velocity for optimum results
http://hammerheadpaintball.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=40

You don't have to just choose hammerhead to be able to use that knowledge to fine tune for you, your barrel and the paint of the day

I can't comment on the padding & shoes - there is a thread on footwear though

Kacey89

May 12, 2014
I was hoping to get some advice on where I can play paintball on the regular. Went paint balling for my 25th birthday with 15 friends and i seem to be the only 1 obsessed with it! I've put away £300 to buy myself some gear! Any advice on what gear I should buy would be appreciated! Thank you