Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Types of guns

Originally posted by Scars
ill believe it when i see it :D

If it doesnt short out and make stupid Quotes at you telling you it needs lubing when it doesn't and serviced when its just came back from LPS ill agree with you

Not much chance stupid messages on our boards, we dont even have a screen.

None of our boards have shorted out except one of the VERY early prototypes...

Anyway today is my day off,
Must find the fang grip today

Robeenio

Super Robeenio
Dec 4, 2002
Staying warm on a sunday!
actually ian the matrix isnt open bolt.

it loads open bolt but fires closed bolt

but anyway this is just random info that is probably confuzing the shizzle out of the guy who asked questions!

so instead of us all bitching about what gun is best age old debate lets just keep it simple!

1) how much money have you got to spend

simple!

get your ass down a pro shop and try guns out! shoot paint and it will save you thousands in the long run when 3days down the road you dont like it.(not pointing fingers.....yeah i am scars :D)

best starter package i know at the moment is the ion! that thing is rapid and shoots very nice! reliable as well.

try that badboy out and see if you like it! if not fair enough try another gun in your price range

peace

TenaciousM

U sure got'a purdy mouth
May 25, 2003
Somewhere but no one cares
Visit site
better still go to your local site on a walk on day and blag a go with as many different guns as possible and talk to the owners its the best way to get a gun that is gonna suit you.

i have had an eblade and now use an a4 both great guns.
but prefer the angel cos there is less bits for me to break on it!!!
the 90 grip takes a bit of getting used to but once you get comfy they rock.

try before you buy then buy off the classified section and save some shekles!!!!

M@

Nickyboy

Jan 6, 2005
Sunny Bournemouth
"Nickyboy - If you had nothing but trouble, did u approach the seller - also as far as im aware you fire a cocker right - i think thats end of discussion really on cockers- cockers aren't always set up correctly even from Factory - Even most custom markers are set up by mass.

As paintball markers don't hold their value, it would be in your interest to buy 2nd hand -that way you dont lose 1/2 as much when selling on - find a buddy that knows about the marker your about to buy so if things do go tits up you know someone who can sort it"

What I mean't was that baically I regret it. I wish I had bought a marker with a shop I could have taken it back to, as when you buy things 2nd hand, you buy them like they are. Who does 2nd hand returns?

Plus my problems stem from an old body, cos I bought a 2nd hand marker no idea of manufacture date. I didn't really know what to buy, like this dood, and when I bought a fancy barrel system it didn't fit on my old body. Not a problem if I'd thought about how complex these markers are to a new person and bought a brand new, shop supported model.

This guy is new he says. He wants one that works. period.

Ego's etc hardly lose they're value so thats crap and so do all the flash new markers.

And why would he be selling his brand new first ever marker in a year, it's his first marker and will always be special. At least till it looks crap which is years down the line with the fancy new models out today.

Someone new to any sport does not change they're equipment every 6 months like some people on these forums do. He wants something reliable, that he can learn to shoot with, and a shop he can get good support from.

Or so I imagine he wants......

Flash-Bugout

doin' other stuffs
Jul 6, 2001
need to get hold of Tank for an exit
Originally posted by Sick Psyko
actually ian the matrix isnt open bolt.

it loads open bolt but fires closed bolt

but anyway this is just random info that is probably confuzing the shizzle out of the guy who asked questions!

Sorry for threadjack, but rubbish.

The Matrix is open bolt.

Open and closed bolt refer to the bolts resting position. Cockers are closed bolt. As are sterling pumps. Matrixes, the new shocker, mags, spyders, timmies, egos, angels etc are all open bolt.

ALL markers without fail* fire from a closed bolt position. Otherwise you'd have a whole world of problems with velocity and broken balls in the feedneck from the balls being pushed back up by the air burst.

*OK, so the Nova-700 and the Alien markers don't actually have a bolt, but they seal the breach to fire, so my point stands. ;)

Scars

Retired tattooed lout!
Matrix openbolt - knew i was right -

the bolts are similar to the shocker which have that gay ass SF Chopnology - (to be frank they dont chop as bad as ppl say but i fire a viking/ excalibur now so)

Nickyboy - simple answer to you probems is pick your marker up and see it worknig in the flesh - i've travelled as high as South Shelds to pick up a marker, shoit it and your other problem is dont fix what aint broken - also you fire a cocker which means the parts are unique but common, it not rocket scence making sure parts are compatable

Collier

Arsed?
Jan 2, 2002
Macclesfield
Visit site
WHat's the cack about cockers being hard to maintain?
I bought a cocker the 2nd time I played paintball, so deffo a 'n00b' I learnt to time it, it wasn't hard at all.
Personally though I'd go Ego over anything else out there right now!

Nickyboy

Jan 6, 2005
Sunny Bournemouth
"Nickyboy - simple answer to you probems is pick your marker up and see it worknig in the flesh - i've travelled as high as South Shelds to pick up a marker, shoit it and your other problem is dont fix what aint broken - also you fire a cocker which means the parts are unique but common, it not rocket scence making sure parts are compatable"

And thats why I say only buy 2nd hand if you can go to a paintball event and buy it there. As a newbie if it dry fires alright you preume it's working. Not like you can go into most peoples back yards and off load a case.

He won't have a chrono to telll if the fps is accurate, unless it reads he won't know if the dry fire rate is the actual bps, he won't know if it chops stupidly etc.

2nd hand of a forum for a starter marker is a cheap alternative if you have m8's who know they're stuff. ur last line is crap too. How many barrels are advertised as "Cocker Threads". I have an old cocker body why don't the newer barrel threads match.

I guess I should have known that as a newbie.