Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Ukpsf clarification please?

Tony Harrison

What is your beef with the Mac?
Mar 13, 2007
It looks like I am a hater & I am not, I just wanted to know if anyone actually knows "what" is being done to get paintball recognised as a sport by the ukpsf actions?

I mean the paintball show had 6 episodes was the ukpsf behind that?
Donk

Just to give you a bit of background.

As far as I know, the UKPSF was not behind the Paintball Show - that was Tim & Shoreline's baby.

Regarding getting paintball recognized as a sport, so far there have been 4 attempts at this.

2 by the UKPSF, 1 by the PA and 1 by Delta. Each one has failed.

I am drafting the next one, but before that we need to increase the membership base.

Hope this helps.

Reactions: Donk

Random Invert

Oct 27, 2008
N.Wales - Wrexham
www.outpostpaintball.co.uk
I mean the paintball show had 6 episodes was the ukpsf behind that?
Although the ukpsf wasn't behind it both the ukpsf and shoreline (the creators of the pb show) are mutually supporting each other. The pb show had three main adverts during the break BZ, Greg Hastings and the UKPSF.

Paintball is finally coming together with the ukpsf as the focal body.

It's being pushed from every angle.
P8ntballer
CPPS
Shoreline
UKScenario
Talkpaintball
Masters
The Psintball Show

Everyone can see the good in it and everyone can see the end goal so now it's time to get the supporters in and show the Uk there's more than five hundred of us who play on a regular basis rather than just stag dos and birthday parties which is all people from out side paintball see paintball as.

Reactions: Biscuit and Donk

Gaz #68

Warped #68
May 14, 2010
Wolverhampton
Not sure if this helps but the big push at the moment is to get recognised as a sport. Some of us see this as a big deal others don't. Uping the membership of the UKPSF is ONE step towards this ONE objective (the UKPSF do do other things as well)!. For me personally, this one aim is enough for me to back it. Being recognised as a sport opens many options (funding being one). For me I would like it to be recognised so my son can grow up to say he played a sport not just some recreational thing he does at the weekend. Schools will help fund trips for sports but not paintball as its not a sport so unless its a reward trip you have to organise it yourself (which I do at my school for the sixth form). Not only that, players for the school football team get recognition in school bulletins etc as do those that do other sports outside the school but you find little mention of paintball even though our youngsters took the European cup (I do hope those involved did get some recognition). All of this raises the profile of paintball which is an objective that many of us are happy to get behind. Part of this is faith on my part. I can't see every little thing Steve does towards this but I know he is working damn hard to achieve it. This one objective is enough for me to join but may not be enough for everyone. I intentionally left the bit about the insurance until last as although it is nice to have it is not the reason I re-joined this year.

Reactions: Biscuit

Biscuit

Mar 21, 2006
wakey
Visit site
donk email or phone steve bull at the UKPSF,he will answer all your questions.
that way you get the answers you need from the horses mouth and you won`t get any bs,just ask him he don`t bite.i know i work for him:)
when you do ,do me a favour and come on here and spill the beans

Biscuit

Mar 21, 2006
wakey
Visit site
you have to be quite specific in your questions of what you want too know,steve gets hundreds of emails per day so may be quite vague in his answers,that and trying too run his own business.
on a side note Steve has saved paintball on 2 seperate occassions from government rules so he does lots that we don`t see like talking to the police too clarify laws,when some dick does a drive by etc etc

Tony Harrison

What is your beef with the Mac?
Mar 13, 2007
Steve isn't a "governing body" in the traditional way.

Basically, he's the only guy who can be bothered to do all this and not get paid for it.

Mods, can you please move this thread to "Speak Your Brains"?

As Buddha says, it's better on a public thread.

Thanks.

Last edited: