Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Venue for UK Masters 2007

phil alpha1

Dec 8, 2005
hereford
TEAMALPHA1.bebo.com
Rosie said:
If they're all in Lincoln it's a bit far, 2hrs+ drive (prob more yesterday as I got a lift to Notts first - 1hr 15, then had a 1hr ish drive to the site)

I don't mind Uttoxeter, & I think the field setup has improved (yes, it didn't used to be like that). I liked it when there used to be a spread eg didn't you have one at leicester and Notts Skirmish (or was that Bully's?)

Lincoln is far, Uttox is far-ish but not so bad.

Please don't have them all at Lincoln :(, it's been hard enough with the alternate uttox/lincoln but all at lincoln would be bad...

tbh I think you're all just being wimps about Uttox, it's not so bad ;) (Ok it is in winter...& when it rains :))

only 2hrs + away it takes us over 3 1/2 hrs to get to lincoln but i would still rather play all the rounds at lincoln as all the fields are flat. the ideal place for my team would be paintball park at kidde or leicester as they are just over an hour away. :D

Dark Warrior

www.paintballscene.co.uk
Nov 28, 2002
www.paintballscene.co.uk
uniquep1 said:
Then come up on sat morning and camp take a day off lol also eric you may not have noticed but its a theme park if you make the trip ill gladly hold ure hand on the rollercoaster ride if yure a bit frightened ;) how much closer to the centre of the uk do yo want a site to be it should be fair for every1, I mean cools as ice travel from cornwall i dont see them complainin and there trip is 6 hours
:D
1. Some of us don't get many Sat nights off m8 and if I did I would have to forget paintball.
2. Your site is nowhere near the centre of the country. In fact you are only 60 miles north of Watford. North to South - Newcastle to Southampton mid point is Nottingham 50 miles North of you and we ain't even reached Scotland yet another 50 miles north. Here endeth the Geography lesson :D
3. Cool as Ice do not play the Masters 5 man but have a choice of 3 other events to travel to at the moment.
4. The Clans journey from Bonnie Scotland eclipses that of CofI any way and you are asking them to travel an extra 70 mins each way
5. I have no problem with your site, I have a problem with moving the tournement further away from the North
6. Its hard enough running teams up from here and travelling to tournies, but the extra travelling costs will kill off more northern teams.
7. Makes sound business sense for you to hold the five man @ your site and also for the Angels to move operations their too as you both would gain, but i guarantee you paint ball up north will not
8. You make it sound like its only northerners that complain about travelling, well most of us northerners have always to travel to get to the nearest tournie. Remember the nearest tournie field to me is an hour away and thats Elsham :rolleyes:
9. The slow move down south of the tournie scene has already damaged Northern paintball, when you look around now you see concentrated pockets of players where you used to see a lot of strong competitive teams ;)

Dark Warrior

www.paintballscene.co.uk
Nov 28, 2002
www.paintballscene.co.uk
Wendyism said:
We will be doing a pilot Northern Masters October/November time the site is sorted just need to make it into a tournament venue...i know DV8 will be making an appearance and with The Clan and some other top notch teams we may have a formidable series for 2007.

:) :) :)
Odds are that you will not have enough teams to give the like of the Clan and DV8 any competition as the midlands team will not travel north of the M62 :D

Raffles

Going....going....not quite dead yet...
Jun 21, 2004
oldham - lancs
Personally, I'd love it to be at M-9 or the NQ :p

But - the site at Lincoln has everything going for it. Even my team mates mum found it ;).

Eric is right (again) about tourney's moving further and further south. Look how many are played down there now : PA, D7's, NSPL, CC etc

How many big tourneys are north of Notts?

My vote goes to Lincoln - just because it's easier to get our caravan there :D

Robeenio

Super Robeenio
Dec 4, 2002
Staying warm on a sunday!
Raffles said:
Personally, I'd love it to be at M-9 or the NQ :p

But - the site at Lincoln has everything going for it. Even my team mates mum found it ;).

Eric is right (again) about tourney's moving further and further south. Look how many are played down there now : PA, D7's, NSPL, CC etc

How many big tourneys are north of Notts?

My vote goes to Lincoln - just because it's easier to get our caravan there :D
PA actually moved north from rodbaston college in staffordshire

/pedant

people who want to play paintball enough will travel wherever it is...

take the clan guys! mission and a half.. yet they come to compete cos its what they love and do

lincoln is the ego of the paintball sites

its what people love at the moment till a bigger better site is found with more gadgets!

Raffles

Going....going....not quite dead yet...
Jun 21, 2004
oldham - lancs
I know the PA moved north - but it's still south of me ;)

And respect to Clan etc. for their dedication. But I am talking more about the younger players who simply can't get to the tourneys with out a lot of help and expense.

Maybe I should start a youth tourney - oh - hang on... :p