Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Views on the first leg of the PA league / Chelsea tributes

Ronnie Hollington

London Tigers #9
Aug 4, 2003
Mayhem
www.mayhem-paintball.co.uk
thanks for a good event, i have been to NPPls Millenuims and been f£cked and seen worse reffing for more entry money. i would like to see the 1-4-1 rule and dont really like center flag but apart from that i think the PA league is a great step in the right direction.

stongle

Crazy Elk. Mooooooooooo
Aug 23, 2002
The Wynn
Visit site
Originally posted by Russell Smith
Mark,
I have just checked this and since you are bored at work I will reply as soon as I can.
However I have to do some paid work to put with the fortune the PA pay me so it will have to be tonight.
But if you want to start a new thread of with your viewpoints and I can reply tonight.
And if we can ask the mods to keep the ****e off there it may work for both of us.

Russ

Russ
Rest assured Russ, I moderate this forum and you can be sure of the most judicious moderation.

Mark Toye-Nexus

Rushers
Jul 18, 2001
Sarf London
Originally posted by stongle
Rest assured Russ, I moderate this forum and you can be sure of the most judicious moderation.
Thats true

He even delete's most of his own posts!!

I think maybe we should start another thread - could be an interesting debate!!

stongle

Crazy Elk. Mooooooooooo
Aug 23, 2002
The Wynn
Visit site
Originally posted by Mark Toye-Nexus
Thats true

He even delete's most of his own posts!!

I think maybe we should start another thread - could be an interesting debate!!
Ok how about one in SYB. 1:4:1 versus Penalty points?

Anyway, onto more important things (as paintball sucks), you going tonight or watching at home? I sooooooo want to go, but can't.

Joe Cole to play 90mins?

Mark Toye-Nexus

Rushers
Jul 18, 2001
Sarf London
Glen

I could get tickets but couldnt afford it really. Football is expensive to watch live!!

So I shall be in a pub in Balham watching the game on a huge screen and sinking a few Staropramen!!

Works out alot cheaper but still with a good atmosphere!!

C'mon the Blues!!!

BTW did you hear about the Chelsea v Norwich chants?

Chelsea fans;

'We've got Abramovich, you've got a drunken bitch'

Norwich, in reply;

'We've got a super cook, you've got a Russian crook'

Classic!

stongle

Crazy Elk. Mooooooooooo
Aug 23, 2002
The Wynn
Visit site
Originally posted by Mark Toye-Nexus
Glen

I could get tickets but couldnt afford it really. Football is expensive to watch live!!

So I shall be in a pub in Balham watching the game on a huge screen and sinking a few Staropramen!!

Works out alot cheaper but still with a good atmosphere!!

C'mon the Blues!!!

BTW did you hear about the Chelsea v Norwich chants?

Chelsea fans;

'We've got Abramovich, you've got a drunken bitch'

Norwich, in reply;

'We've got a super cook, you've got a Russian crook'

Classic!
Sure is expensive, went to Chelsea v. Man City....ouch. Not only is the seat expensive, it was the visit to the "Sportsbar" afterwards.

Too many Charlton and Millwall fans round here for the pub to be feasible.

As to the chants. They are funny, although i find they often have a surreal quality. I mean what is the Celery chant all about.

Oh and anyone thinking about off topic, I've given ye another thread in SYB.

Kevin

MK Storm
Apr 12, 2002
Leeds
www.stormpaintballteam.co.uk
I thought the event was excellent.

the organisation was superb,

the fields were the best i have seen for ages, challenging set ups and good playing surface, also the complaints about the start gates from last season were listened to and they were changed. there was a slope to some of the fields but i dont think it made any difference to the outcome of the games.

I thought the marshalling was generally good, they were a little inexperienced and that sometimes showed, but they marshalled everyone the same, they were courteous and they were not silly about layers and trigger bounce as they were on occasion last year making players scared they wouldnt be allowed on the field. I look forward to more of the same at the next event.

The heater in the players area was a nice touch, maybe some more bins about next time.

I think the cheering was good, ok so at the moment it is just teams there, but it is a step in the right direction for more/some spectators... maybe we should get dancing girls to attract more outside interest

Mark Toye-Nexus

Rushers
Jul 18, 2001
Sarf London
Hey Kevin

Stop thread jacking our thread jack

This is all about the Champions league and we'll have no PA, MS, NPPL or PSP in here thankyou very much.

Football isnt important, but Chelsea are!!!