Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Why Can't the US be like Euro?

sjt19

May 23, 2002
Visit site
I was not at the WC so i am not going to put the event down, but what strikes me is that there is a huge discrepancy between the amount of money that the promoters receive for the event itself i.e money from all the sponsors, teams and vendors, and the amount of money that they use to make the event stand out as a paintball extravaganza, as that is what the WC should be. Where is the money going?? is it lining the pockets of the promoters, are people getting rich off the backs of those who have to suffer through playing a 'bad tourney'?

Why is this money not being ploughed back into the sport at grass roots level, after all, we are all hoping that the sport emerges into the mainstream scene asap! so why not use this money to boost this along.....then if they were really after chasing money they could make a lot more if the sport was more widely accepted worldwide.

sam

if i am wrong feel free to correct me

JTHM

American Prat
Oct 31, 2002
USA
Visit site
Originally posted by sjt19
Where is the money going?? is it lining the pockets of the promoters, are people getting rich off the backs of those who have to suffer through playing a 'bad tourney'?
Uhmmm.. you pretty much hit that on the head.

Why is this money not being ploughed back into the sport at grass roots level, after all, we are all hoping that the sport emerges into the mainstream scene asap! so why not use this money to boost this along.....then if they were really after chasing money they could make a lot more if the sport was more widely accepted worldwide.

sam

if i am wrong feel free to correct me
I only wish that were the case sjt...I only wish. Being the card carrying Cynic that I am, please don't hold your breath.

Baca Loco

Ex-Fun Police
I know who Tony Montana is! A nod is as good as a wink to a blind man

Originally posted by Wadidiz
1--A least I would be willing to bet 2 to your 1 on being right. If it is who I think it is, it is the single person I respect the most in paintball. (Although I wonder if a person of this integrity ought not jump ship about now.)

2--But the biggest problem I suspect in the NPPL is a trend to not consistently apply the rules for fear of being a dick. And I fear that has snow-balled.

3--As for "Tony Montana's" discussion, what about the lack of refs on some fields? How can the NPPL rules be enforced for the tournament organizers, the rules that require a minimum 4 refs for 5-player and 6 for 10-player, which is way too short anyway?

4--I suppose the shortages came too late to be anticipated.

5--PS. Just added a new girl to my team. Her name is Chloe and she was born on Halloween day and weighed in a 4065 grams. So this blip of time making all the many posts may be over for a while.

SM
1--perhaps a person of such integrity needs to stay on that ship even if it comes at potentially some reputation risk to himself. Just a thought.
2--the rules have always been bent for the haves and the have nots. The real problem now is the complacency and ignorance of too many of the refs on the fields and no dynamic leadership at the top willing to do and demand what's necessary to turn things around.
3--kinda moot at this point as everyone will have their own rulebooks next year. Question is how closely will they be adherred to?
4--nonsense. with the PSP a unified--okay, stop laughing--group handling all the events it should have been easier than ever to plan ahead and prepare for the needed refs across the board but other interests and circumstances got in the way.
In the future it looks like the PSP will have to issue their own rulebook, I mean really, are they gonna use anything that says NPPL on it?--and then live up to their own regulations. At this stage of the game the biggest failure is in the area of reffing and before anything else this needs to be addressed. (Of course, one reason it isn't is because promotors see it as a no win situation as players are almost surely gonna complain regardless which makes it tougher.)
5--congrats and, no, you'll still have time for lots of posts--just different hours of the day or night as the case may be. ;)

Magued

Jul 10, 2001
Visit site
I still want to know!!

Mr Tony Montana, I would love to know what you meant with bad reffing on field 3 at Joy masters. I hate to think that all that talk was just you being a bad looser. I hope you dont mean that the reffs that took a 1 for 1 beacuse you where talking from the dead box is the issue. And I really hope that youre not a GZ player..

Magued

sjt19

May 23, 2002
Visit site
I know who Tony Montana is!

Originally posted by Wadidiz
(Although I wonder if a person of this integrity ought not jump ship about now.)

SM
could it be a player from 'Lanche?????

Rocky??? Rabackoff??? Richardson??? Lasoya???

sam

Beaker

Hello again
Jul 9, 2001
Wherever I may roam
imlr.org
Just a joke dude. :)

Mainly because you used Lasoya and integrity in the same post :eek:

But I do know who Tony is, but he has his reasons for posting that way and I aint going to unmask him just for sh1ts and giggles.