Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Why do the Euros want in on X?

R

raehl

Well...

Stop thinking like a paintball player and start thinking like an athlete.

You don't know who the winner of ALL the teams is until the end of the season, just like every other sport. Wtih X Ball, you take this silly idea in paintball that you have to have 1st through 4th out of all the teams every weekend and throw it out the window. You play 1-3 matches at a time, and you do it over a period of months, eventually playing all (or at least a good chunk of teams), getting a season record, and maybe qualifying for playoffs, if there is such a thing.

It really makes a lot more sense from an athletic perspective - instead of playing each team for 5-10 minutes 1-5 times a year, you play each team for 40-60 minutes once.

I don't get why people insist on continuing to try and run X Ball in a system designed for 10-man. You run X Ball the same way you'd run any other team sport. Team A vs. Team B. The winner is.. gasp ;)... the team who wins.

- Chris

Buddha 3

Hamfist McPunchalot
Well...

Originally posted by raehl

You don't know who the winner of ALL the teams is until the end of the season, just like every other sport. Wtih X Ball, you take this silly idea in paintball that you have to have 1st through 4th out of all the teams every weekend and throw it out the window. You play 1-3 matches at a time, and you do it over a period of months, eventually playing all (or at least a good chunk of teams), getting a season record, and maybe qualifying for playoffs, if there is such a thing.

It really makes a lot more sense from an athletic perspective - instead of playing each team for 5-10 minutes 1-5 times a year, you play each team for 40-60 minutes once.

I don't get why people insist on continuing to try and run X Ball in a system designed for 10-man. You run X Ball the same way you'd run any other team sport. Team A vs. Team B. The winner is.. gasp ;)... the team who wins.

- Chris
In theory the 'old' system is not too bad. It happens in Formula 1 for instance. Every event has it's own champion. What's bad about it, is that hardly any rumour is given to who accumulated the most points during the season in paintball. Remember the headlines?

Aftershock wins World Cup!!!! Yeah baby! Wooh! Big news!
Oh yeah, SC Ironmen have to share first place in the series, but who cares?

The notion that there is such a thing as a shared first place in the series is just freakin' insane!

So basically I agree with what you're saying, it's just that I do understand that people like to see event winners too, after spending all that time and money to get there.

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
Well...

Originally posted by raehl
- Chris
Damn, I think I agree with everything Chris just said, I need to go see a doctor :(
Robbo