Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

William Hill Bookmakers backs Paintball Association Cup

Player1

Jun 23, 2003
Visit site
Surely the reason for the PA Cup is not to promote Supair to the masses (It will never work as the mass population will find it boring beyond belief), but to promote the sport of paintball to the media which will in turn generate interest in the sites where the general public can have an escapist day. Storming castles and bases etc.

mikeyR

Apr 3, 2003
Sussex, England
Originally posted by Player1
Surely the reason for the PA Cup is not to promote Supair to the masses (It will never work as the mass population will find it boring beyond belief), but to promote the sport of paintball to the media which will in turn generate interest in the sites where the general public can have an escapist day. Storming castles and bases etc.
The P.A. Cup is about promoting Paintball to the masses through the media, its just using the current accepted tournament style to do it, in a more structured and easy format for Joe Public to understand.

Joe public will support/have empathy with Sunderland, Liverpool or Bicester alot quicker than a team called the Flaming Squirrels or something else that has no relevance to them.

It also about getting Paintball proper recognition as a sport by govemental bodies and so making it easier for sites up and down the country to have the same tax breaks as other liesure venues, and in turn making it cheaper for Joe Public once his interest has been captured by The P.A. Cup.

Supair might not be that intresting to watch to a complete stranger to the sport but trying to follow a team that disappears into the woods all day is even harder. Supair might not be first choice for many people to spectate or play but once people come and see a few games, supporting their friends/colleagues who are representing their town, I'm sure given time and basic info by these friends/colleagues they'll work it out. I've only watched baseball on the T.V. but I get the gist of it. Go to a game and have it expained to me then I'm sure I'd enjoy further.

Dont be down on the P.A. Cup because it only represents the minority (Tournament players) to the majority (would be Rec-ball players), support it as a means to an end that benefits everyone who plays at what ever level and to whatever standard.

:)

P.S.

If you are a member of the Flying Squirrels (I doubt but you never know) no offence intended! :D

richardmawer

Playing since 1986 - Still shooting fools
May 15, 2003
Lincolnshire
digitalmediaedge.co.uk
Boring - Not a Specatator Sport

Anyone who has seen Dynasty, Ironmen, Nexus, Naughty Dogs play will disagree with it not being an exciting spectator sport - especially with the advent of Xball and the running commentary that the NPPL Super 7's are trying to bring in.

We are evolving as a sport from the cammo clad "weekend warrior" image - through to an Arena sport - yes it can be boring - but so can Football, Cricket, Golf etc etc - it is education that will bring the sport into the mainstream. By using a local town / city name you will naturally get more interest and promote your team and sport. We had an article in the Lincolnshire Echo, which has promoted alot of local interest in the team and brought our sponsor Combat Zone (Lincoln) alot of extra business over the past month.

This is'nt going to happen over night but the more Professional Teams become, the more they commit to the future of their sport aswell as their team - the more we all push the boundaries of what can be achieved.

By developing positive attacking styles of play, alongside solid defensive strategies - we naturally make the sport more exciting for all concerned - we all know that watching a guy trade paint for 10 mins with his opposite number is boring - but watching a well timed move break open a flank or three or four players working together to create an opening - now that is more exciting to watch.

If anyone is in doubt get hold of the Huntington Beach NPPL DVD - and tell me that that is not how you want your sport to be seen !!!

Later,

Rich

mikeyR

Apr 3, 2003
Sussex, England
Boring - Not a Specatator Sport

Originally posted by richardmawer
If anyone is in doubt get hold of the Huntington Beach NPPL DVD - and tell me that that is not how you want your sport to be seen !!!

Later,

Rich
Your totally right, there are some moves on this DVD that express everything that is so good about this sport, and Dynasty dont have the monopoly on them. Spectators will love it if they see this stuff so maybe teams should forget the sit and wait approach.

Go for it, the crowd will love you for it and then you gat a fan base, the merchandising, the people watching you train, the mass hysteria when you tour the Far East. ...........Oops got carried away but you get my drift :D

On another point, this format of DVD, highlights with commentry (like Match of the Day but on drugs!) is the best way to televise Paintball. Everything gets explained, moves get slowed down etc etc.

Gillie

Apr 8, 2002
www.pbuk.biz
Attn. Team Managers!

If we don't have your team rosters yet, please give me a call - I need this information today!

Cheers,
Gillie
01642 809589

JoseDominguez

New cut and carved spine!
Oct 25, 2002
www.myspace.com
I'm getting the team together tommorow night for our photo.................. Slightly delayed due to the massive hole where my lower back used to be :)

Morphene is cool.

Dunno if I'll get to ply again this season :(

mikeyR

Apr 3, 2003
Sussex, England
Originally posted by Hatts
Hopefully team listings will be avalable from Monday so everyone can study the form...
I've just checked William Hill's site and there is no mention of P.A. Cup? :confused: When will they have the odds available?

Also, do all normal bets apply i.e. each-way, forecast etc

Can we also get spread betting for points scored, postion atttained etc?

Hopefully I'll win enough to pay for this Sunday's paint bill! :cool: