Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Working with U-18's

Raffles

Going....going....not quite dead yet...
Jun 21, 2004
oldham - lancs
My son and quite a few of his friends want to start their own 'team'. Now, that's not a problem, but as they are all under 18 I suppose I would need an up-to-date CRB certificate (again, not a problem).

Does anyone here run a 'kids' team - and what, if anything, else do you think I should get/do/investigate further?

Thanks

Raffles

Jun 21, 2004
oldham - lancs
I never thought of a character reference. Good idea. Thanks Sid.

How do you go on with insurance btw?

Raffles

Jun 21, 2004
oldham - lancs
I'm not sure what you mean by 'formal'? I just don't want them to run in to any unforeseen obstacles along the way. I need to make sure the my shizzle is in order first.

Cook$

Just the tip....
Jul 7, 2001
Championsville
Formal as in needing insurance, CRB checks etc... Surely if you want to start a team, you just start a team?

Sid Sidgwick

Tinkering ain’t easy
No worries mate :) I found its nice to offer it to the parents (make it someone with a position of respect) only 1 contacted him but think it just gives them piece of mind. I try and get the parents involved a bit too, rather than just dropping the kid off get them to give you a quick hand if they have time organising them into teams ect for drills (shows the parents you have a clue about what your doing and some of them like to help out)

Youll be fine with it mate, its worth it when they get out and play and get a win :) Im currently sorting out a new one for this season :)

Cook$-I think Raff just want to make sure his back is covered

Raffles

Jun 21, 2004
oldham - lancs
I cold just start the team - but I would rather have all paperwork and make sure the kids are covered both legally and financially where possible.

I don't know much about CRB's other than they assure people that you are not on the sex offenders register etc. - and surely that's got to be a good idea - if only for parents piece of mind.

Insurance I see as a no-brainer. No matter how much you drill the safety aspect in to anyone - kids will be kids (and so will adults at times). I've lost count the amount of times I've seen a so called experienced paintballer take their mask off BEFORE all guns are safe!

I'm just trying to pre-empt any questions and allay any fears that parents/guardians may have (after all, they still think paintball as men playing Rambo).

...Cook$-I think Raff just want to make sure his back is covered
Not just mine Sid (mines taken more than it's fair share of ****e over the years) - but more the kids.

Raffles

Jun 21, 2004
oldham - lancs
I was thinking more of team insurance - a bit like Public Liability for companies. Do you know if I would require anything like that - seeing as I will be their 'guardian' when they are out with me?

In fact, can the kids have their own insurance?

I think I may need to speak to the might Bully on this one.

Thanks again.