Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Working with U-18's

Raffles

Going....going....not quite dead yet...
Jun 21, 2004
oldham - lancs
Ok - thanks Sid. I'm just trying to be forearmed for when I get the 'but what if my son/daughter gets hurt. Who's going to pay?" question.

Dusty

Don't run, you'll only die tired....
May 19, 2004
Northern Ireland
Personally I would have the kids parent take out personal insurance policies for each of them.

This is the reason I gave up teaching martial arts to kids. Instead of giving kids somewhere to go and have something to focus on, i spent most of my time battling red tape and avoiding some pen pushing w@nkers who said i wasn't allowed to do this, not allowed to do that, no assisted stretching, no conditioning exercises, no contact sparring even with full body protection in training for an olympic full contact sport.....

Good luck to you mate.

bizy43

Jun 25, 2006
basingstoke
actually there are a lot of rules & regulations about coaching minors. if you are going to do this properly you will need to do more than worry about a crb or incurance
there are rules about health & safty which you not the site will be responsible for also the amount of time they are in your care & did you know an adult should not coach minors alone you can not speak to a minor alone with out another adult present & the 2 adults should be of different sex's
to do this properly you are letting your self infor a world of problems unless they are over16 i learnt this taking my f.a. coaching badge
if something happens while in your care without following the rules then you are in the sh%te big time
sorry if a bit down because what you propose is good but be thourgh in your reshearch b4 starting

Ryder

Jan 16, 2005
London
Dude their playing paintball not going to war. Most sites and tourneys have insurance covered anyways.

Raffles

Going....going....not quite dead yet...
Jun 21, 2004
oldham - lancs
Playing paintball or playing tiddlywinks - if it involves minors then there can be a shed load of red tape - as Bizy pointed out.

Getting a female adult to help is not a problem - so that's bit is covered.

Bizy - do you have leaflets or literature I could have copies of by any chance? Your input was the very reason I posted this request - so thanks for that :D.

Thanks again to everyone. I really want to get this right - so all your help is appreciated.