Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Working with U-18's

Dusty

Don't run, you'll only die tired....
May 19, 2004
Northern Ireland
if you want to Pm me your phone number I can give you a call this evening and quickly run you over the bare bones, i will also be able to make it as paintball specific as possible, knowing what a training session would entail.

ReservoirFrog

Mr. Green
Nov 1, 2008
NW
Thanks froggy - but doesn't that only cover Scotland though?

TBH - the CRB isn't an issue for me (I don't mind paying £50 for parents piece of mind etc.). It's the HSE stuff I hadn't considered. This is where I need to do more research (lots more by the sound of it).

Ta
Thats cool mate, but just to clarify, it covers the whole of the UK, thats just the name of the organisation. I'm a Manc and I used them to get clearance for British and US gov. contracts.

OddJob

Photographer
Oct 28, 2004
North Essex
I might be able to point you in some directions should you require funding help in the future depending on the needs of the young people. Such an activity could be written to sound very positive and beneficial, especially when related to the Every Child Matters framework.

Always wanted to get a group of young people to create a team and sustain it, it's just a lot of work, money and time and has to be driven by the young people, something that there has been little of any thus far.

Raffles

Going....going....not quite dead yet...
Jun 21, 2004
oldham - lancs
Froggy - then I'll look more closely at them. Thanks again.

OddJob - I like your thinking. Let me see what the parents say first (it could be a no-go from the off), then I will definitely get back to you. Thanks again to you as well.

Mactoshdog

LIKES RED
Oct 12, 2008
North East, Sunderland
there are quite a few posts, and im quite tierd, so this may have been said already but,

if you can get some sort of formal child protection certificate its worth just as much as a CRB to a parent.
i coach at a trampolining club, and when new kids start the first thing the parents say is "do all the coaches have child protection trainning?" when i proceed to explain about CRB's most of them have no idear what one is.

also first aid trainning is always a good idear