Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Working with U-18's

Dusty

Don't run, you'll only die tired....
May 19, 2004
Northern Ireland
Any local sports club or association will have a child protection policy, and usually a centralised booklet on what their particular rules and regs are. I will try to dig out some stuff from the Taekwondo association and see whats what.

Raffles

Going....going....not quite dead yet...
Jun 21, 2004
oldham - lancs
Thanks Jim - much appreciated. Who knows, when I finally get all the information required I may just create a leaflet of my own (pertaining to paintball of course) and post it up?

bizy43

Jun 25, 2006
basingstoke
unfortunatly i dont have any written material
but as mentioned most youth clubs will have something or try assosiations like the fa or mcc or the rugby union the list is endless
you may try the local school your local council or just google it
there is a wealth of info on starting sports clubs none of it really pb spacific as you would guess but still helpfull
good luck though

Raffles

Jun 21, 2004
oldham - lancs
Thanks froggy - but doesn't that only cover Scotland though?

TBH - the CRB isn't an issue for me (I don't mind paying £50 for parents piece of mind etc.). It's the HSE stuff I hadn't considered. This is where I need to do more research (lots more by the sound of it).

Ta

Dusty

Don't run, you'll only die tired....
May 19, 2004
Northern Ireland
Raffles PM me your email address mate, I have some documents and other stuff coming through over the next couple of days I will forward to you.

OddJob

Photographer
Oct 28, 2004
North Essex
Raffles. I'm a youth worker and so I do all sorts of activities and such both inside a building and outside with the ASBO generation and so I've had quite a bit of experience from what you are looking at. If you need any help and such do PM, I might be able to pass you some helpful documents/policies etc.

An easy way is to get the parents to sign a disclaimer saying that they understand the sport is dangerous but understand taht you cannot be held responsible for accidents as long as they are following safey guidelines etc. We've taken them paintballing, abseiling, motorbiking and many other risky activities. We do have liabilty insurance though as an organisation but it might be a little over the top if you are doing it for no profit/gain.

CRB's are more for the benefit of the parents so that they know you are kosher. Best thing I can say is get to know the parents as much as possible, get them to an informal sit down/talk with refreshments etc and talk the stuff through. That way they know you and, should anything happen, be less likely to stich you up.

Raffles

Jun 21, 2004
oldham - lancs
OddJob - that's brilliant mate. If there is anything you can pass my way than it shall be accepted with gratitude :).

I will be organising a parents 'meet' as soon as my son brings home all the details.

Thanks again (it's beginning to look like this may just work after all :D).