Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

2k Angel LCD Velocity problem

ozkoseoglu

TEAM TURKISH TIGERS
Apr 25, 2002
ISTANBUL
Visit site
I have an Angel LCD late 2k, I am having problems adjusting the velocity, I can not get the marker to shoot more than 250 fps. The marker was idle for almost 8 months therefore I disassembled the gun all the way and changed all the O-rings after I noticed the problem. The Inlet pressure and the internal pressure are set at 800psi. The velocity adjuster screw is almost open all the way!, LPR is set at 87, dwell set at 15, I adjusted ram stroke and snap ring, again to make sure, changed the o rings in mini reg, in short I did everything the manual tells one to do so. Result? 252fps max :confused: The marker shoots consistant but low on velocity. Has anyone experienced the same problem? need helpppppppppp:D

TEAM TURKISH TIGERS

Could be alot of things.

Questions (im sorry if some of these are obvious):

How much grease did you use?
Where did you apply it?

Any sign of hammer wear?
Any marks in the hammer chamber?
Does the breech snap closed nicely?

Fill up the feed tube with paint but leave the hopper off. Then fire a few balls. Do the other balls come shooting up out of the feed neck? How high?

Is there any noticable drop off, under continuous high rof?

You said the internal pressure (the pressure the minireg is feeding into the angel ) is 800psi, this is a huge amount for an angel. Is it possible the gauge that is reading this is broken?

Have you tried swapping out the board?

OK I know you have things set right as per the manual, but every individual gun has its own traits due to the tolerances in production. Here is what I would try next:

Try putting another shim in the LPR, is the max velocity higher? Is there less drop off? (if there was any in the first place)

Try a heavier bolt such as one from an A4 or speed. May have the same effect.

Tom Allen

TFP
Jul 4, 2003
Cardiff
Just as John has said it could be more than one thing. Try closing your snap ring slightly (clockwise). Putting extra shims in the lpr will increase the output, but that's a last resort, you should be able to pull the velocity up without going there.
A friend of mine has the same problem on his lcd, but i won't get the chance to work on it until Tuesday. If you can hold out till then, you can have the answer.

The worst case scenario is probably a new ram.

EDIT.... is the breech o-ring still in place, can't really see this being the problem, but worth checking.

ozkoseoglu

TEAM TURKISH TIGERS
Apr 25, 2002
ISTANBUL
Visit site
Thanks for the comments guys, Tom I can wait until tuesday I wont be playing for the next 10 days.

I will follow you comments and try to fix it.

I will be posting the news :D

Thanks again :D

Tom Allen

TFP
Jul 4, 2003
Cardiff
He's got good pressure out of the minireg, i feel the problem is in the ram. Luckily i've got an LCD coming in tomorrow with exactly the same problem, so i can go over it and hopefully solve both problems.