Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Air System Question

FUBAR

Yank Car Nut!
Aug 1, 2002
Milton Keynes, Bucks, UK
www.mkb.cc
Im gonna have a bit of cash soon to buy an air system so I was thinking...

If I buy one of these from smartparts:

and then either one of these from smartparts:

or one of these from Planet:

How would I get them fitted to each other?

Anyone recommend any other regs?

FUBAR

nickp

Feb 27, 2002
Manchester, UK
teamrdx.co.uk
if you buy everything from smart parts or planet they will put it all together for you.. best bet is to speak to them if you want to buy on bit from smartparts and another from planet

nickp

Feb 27, 2002
Manchester, UK
teamrdx.co.uk
Just looked on smartparts site

"Dumpy 1.5 litre DOT Bottle
Bigger capacity tanks no longer mean longer bottles. New for 2002 is a 1.5 litre 4500psi bottle that is the same length as the standard 1.1 litre! Kevlar wrapped bottle, with a round bottom; this is a true back-players dream!" is the description of the bottle you have posted, make suer if you buy a bottle you buy
a HSE or Dual tested bottle as you wont be able to get a DOT bottle filled in the UK (Legally anyway)

SirJinks

Smoke 'em if you got 'em
Jun 21, 2002
Southampton
Visit site
The actual assembly of the bottle onto the reg is a matter of just screwing it on as hand tight as possible. Don't use Loctite or anything on the threads, the pressure of the air in the bottle will seal it together very tightly when filled. Do bear in mind that you will probably need to stick the reg on the gun first as the bottle can obstruct the fittling bolts.
Is this helpful?

FUBAR

Yank Car Nut!
Aug 1, 2002
Milton Keynes, Bucks, UK
www.mkb.cc
jinks, that seems awfully over simple to me.

Thats not like these melee systems?

where it just screws into the gun

I thought you had to loctite the bottles & use a vice & wrench or something to fix it properly.

FUBAR

Cube

M2Q'd eblade or the LV1...decisions, decisions
May 4, 2002
Warrington
Originally posted by FUBAR
jinks, that seems awfully over simple to me.

I thought you had to loctite the bottles & use a vice & wrench or something to fix it properly.

FUBAR
Nope, definately not, and I'm pretty sure that loctiting the threads would cause something nasty to happen.

My AIR has the bottle screwed hand tight to the threads and that's it, that's how it was supplied that's all it needs.

Don't try anything else.