Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Air tank testing

SAMUEL.D.RYAN

one.man.band
Mar 17, 2007
Cambridge/Huntingdon
Thats the entire problem with this thread.

You or anyone else can interprit things completely differently,the words test and inspect mean totally differant things.It's what it says in YOUR eyes but others read it differantly.

The end of the thread should have been after the 1st post.

If you don't want to use the service then go elsewhere nobody is twisting your arm.
If you can get it done cheaper go elsewhere ,again nobody is making you pay that amount.

I take my car to the main dealer for services ect. because i know it will be done right to manufacturers specification with maunfacturers specified parts.I pay more than i need to on labour as I don't want to go to the private garage around the corner as good as it is because they don't give me that piece of mind.

There is a service on offer at Fatbobs,you are not obliged to use it as last time I looked we lived in a free country.If you don't like the price then don't use it,if you don't like the idea of a visual inspection on your reg don't use it,if Tom can provide a list of other services then great go to them .
I'm sorry, i'm new to paintball, and i've never had a bottle tested before (i've not even played with my own marker yet!) i was given hpac as a place to test bottles, but they said they couldn't do them (hence the first post).

Anyway, i've just got off the phone with hpac, and they say they CAN test aluminium bottles, but the new legislation prevents them from testing fibre-wrapped bottles.

Just for statistics sake, the cost of a single aluminium bottle test with hpac is £22 +vat and £14 extra if you want them to post it back to you...

cheers for the help guys.

Tom Allen

TFP
Jul 4, 2003
Cardiff
Thats the entire problem with this thread.

You or anyone else can interprit things completely differently,the words test and inspect mean totally differant things.It's what it says in YOUR eyes but others read it differantly.

The end of the thread should have been after the 1st post.

If you don't want to use the service then go elsewhere nobody is twisting your arm.
If you can get it done cheaper go elsewhere ,again nobody is making you pay that amount.

I take my car to the main dealer for services ect. because i know it will be done right to manufacturers specification with maunfacturers specified parts.I pay more than i need to on labour as I don't want to go to the private garage around the corner as good as it is because they don't give me that piece of mind.
There is a service on offer at Fatbobs,you are not obliged to use it as last time I looked we lived in a free country.If you don't like the price then don't use it,if you don't like the idea of a visual inspection on your reg don't use it,if Tom can provide a list of other services then great go to them .

You see there you're infering that every other testing facility is inferior to the one fat bobs use.

But we're not allowed to know who this testing center is, so how could we assess or check their capabilities.

G

Gassy

No I'm not,I am saying I know for certain that this test centre has the required expertise and accreditations.I do not know that joe bloggs dive centre has either.If the dive center has both things then I would be happy to use them.Its called a choice and everyone has the right to make it

So don't try and twist what I have posted to suit your needs.

It's a shame this has to run on here where certain parties cannot defend themselves from the witch hunt you have started.

Don't like the service on offer don't use it. simple really

Tom Allen

TFP
Jul 4, 2003
Cardiff
I'm not twisting anything, in the sentences before you refer to fat bobs service and then make a comment that you would take your car to a main dealer rather than a private garage. Stating that you prefer the main dealer even though you're paying more as you have greater peice of mind,

Are we supposed to get some other meaning to this. If so i'm all ears.:)

G

Gassy

It's call a Choice

That means I choose to take my car to a main dealer and pay that little bit more,I could make the choice go to the garage around the corner but I choose not to.

Do you now see ,everyone here has a choice, a service is available and it's up to you whether you choose to use it or not.

Tom get your list up of other options and i will turn it into a sticky for all to see then they can choose to use anyone they want.

Tom Allen

TFP
Jul 4, 2003
Cardiff
The list i've refered to is the list of Notified bodies that the DFT has, and these refer to the testing of "PI" bottles. When i've contacted these people i'll be happy to list them, but it will only be in effect when the pi bottles need testing.

Tom Allen

TFP
Jul 4, 2003
Cardiff
Choose what a lovely word that is. Some might say that stating that you are the only people who can test bottles removes the right to "CHOOSE" where you would like to go.

It seems like "the usual idiots" know a bit more than they should.

G

Gassy

show me where it states fatbobs is the only place that can test bottles or is this another

"How Tom Allen reads it"