Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Am i too old for tournament speedball????? :((((((((

Fragon

Dec 15, 2010
high wycombe
ok i'm 21 about to turn 22, i'm too mature for my age too!! I feel horrible :( am i too old to start a paintball career? i do everything for 100% so I will feel bad until i become PRO and make a living doing what love. Realistically speaking Is it too late for a 21 old newbie to become good enough to go to the states and play in world's best teams in 4/5 years ?

Thib

Nov 26, 2008
Newcastle
There is no maximum age to start, get into it and do your best.
If you are motivated and really want it, you should be able to do anything.

Cook$

Just the tip....
Jul 7, 2001
Championsville
My grandad always used to say "Don't put all your eggs in one basket."
But then he used to say a lot of stuff.

Tony Harrison

What is your beef with the Mac?
Mar 13, 2007
ok i'm 21 about to turn 22, i'm too mature for my age too!! I feel horrible :( am i too old to start a paintball career? i do everything for 100% so I will feel bad until i become PRO and make a living doing what love. Realistically speaking Is it too late for a 21 old newbie to become good enough to go to the states and play in world's best teams in 4/5 years ?
You're young enough to start out, don't worry about that. But being realistic, it's unlikely you're going to make a living out of paintball - most players on pro teams either work in the industry or have a regular day job.

If you are 100% set on playing for a US pro team, staying in the UK for the next 4/5 years will not get you anywhere near ready for that. You should move to the USA now, and spend the next few years grinding it out getting noticed and hopefully picked up.

The two States offering the climate for all year round paintball are:-

1. California, specifially SoCal, so you can practice at SC Village or Hollywood Sports.
2. Florida, home to the current #1 team in the world, Tampa Bay Damage.

Junior Brown made it - he played for Nexus and eventually moved out to Modesto, California and plays for XSV. He followed his dream and he's a success story.