Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Critical Mass

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
I get to speak to a ridiculous cross-section of people in my normal week, from 'normal' people like my brother (Mr nice guy) thru to psychopaths who would be better served if housed in asylums in a remote area of the planet thru to extremely bright individuals who have brains the size of lawn-mowers.

As and when I talk to these guys, I seem to be listening to a growing discontentment with this country and its hierarchy whereby phrases such as 'something has to be done' or 'I've had enough of this country' are becoming more frequent.

And when I discuss such matters with my resident set of psychopathic mates, they genuinely talk of taking the law into their own hands and becoming less inclined to follow the laws of the land (not that most of them were particularly mindful anyway) but there is a definite shift in their thinking...and this shift is reflected across the other guys in my social sphere as well.

My question is, does everyone else detect this shift in opinion and does it infer there is a critical mass whereby once reached, pro-active forces will amass and we descend into a more violent, less law abiding society??..

I can only speak for myself here but I gotta say, if there were some vigilante force started up locally and my missus wasn't so damn nosy and law-abiding, I think I'd be more than inclined to do a bit of civic duty and go on clear-up detail.

Bon

Timmy Nerd
Feb 22, 2006
Birmingham
Very much the sentiment around here, especially when it comes to the local council.

The biggest is the road conditions, around here they are aweful, patches of patches of patches. There are some roads I refuse to drive down around here because I don't want to damage my car.

Will L

CUCKING FUNT
Apr 21, 2007
I get aggravated at the way things are run in general, and I find myself getting very angry at times. I dont think I could go so far to 'fight back' or take the law into my own hands, and besides what good would it do? But I have noticed a strong influx of negative attitude towards our country (similar to the lines of the fact that the have had enough of this country and its government) between many people I know or spend time with. And I too share this attitude.

....I cant wait to be able to move away from here later on in life if the opportunity comes, australia is tempting me.

TEKLOFTY

You're in the jungle baby
Jan 7, 2009
In your sphincter
Very much the sentiment within my group of peers too, but this type of thinking is the result of a more free thinking and politically free society as a whole; nevertheless, if it did ever reach 'critical mass' then I think the government would be far less inclined to allow popular protest then they do now - people are beginning to believe that free speech = free action, should it ever come to violence I am of the opinion that they will realise very fast when the government puts 'them' down hard where the power really lies. And so the cycle will continue.

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
Very much the sentiment around here, especially when it comes to the local council.

The biggest is the road conditions, around here they are aweful, patches of patches of patches. There are some roads I refuse to drive down around here because I don't want to damage my car.
Bon, it's not often you entirely miss the point of a thread but this is one such occasion mate .....if the state of the roads was the worst thing I had to worry about ...

I mean forget about the bunch of thieving morons we got for politicians who all jump on the gravy train called MP's renumeration ....

Forget about the fact people can't walk down their high streets in safety.

Forget about the fact employers are bringing in foreign labour for reduced wages.

Forget about the way big businesses are running our society.

Forget about the bank guys who have stuffed their pockets full of money and now we have to bail them out and they STILL have nice fat bonuses and pension deals.

Forget about the fact we now have a health service that just can't cope any more.

Forget about the fact our education system can't cope any more.

But Bon, just as long as your roads are OK mate, don't worry :)