Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

dot bottles

trigg503

is back home now
Jan 18, 2007
Burghead Moray Scotland
sorry to thread jack but got a question and is related to the topic is it possible to send them to h-pac and get them tested to pi standard and there fore be able to use them just asking as i have always wondered this once again sorry for the thread

Tom Allen

TFP
Jul 4, 2003
Cardiff
sorry to thread jack but got a question and is related to the topic is it possible to send them to h-pac and get them tested to pi standard and there fore be able to use them just asking as i have always wondered this once again sorry for the thread
There are places to get them tested in the uk, but only to dot spec.

harold

Feb 3, 2008
Southend, Essex
was told so not shore if its true or not.

"the the usa's dot test is a much high test standard to our pi test, but cant use there bottles over here because the insurance companys dont reconise the test"

you can use them over here if you have dive tanks and can fill the you self but if anything goes wrong then you can get into big trouble because its a big of a grey area.

harold

Feb 3, 2008
Southend, Essex
looking though the tech post 101 on this forum and found this qoute.

"A way around this (although I do not encourage it, and do it entirely at your own risk) would be for a team playing in the UK with DOT bottles is to buy an HSE dive tank & get that filled, then fill your own tanks off that. Please make sure that all around you know what you are doing and keep well away from any people who are not FULLY aware of the legal grey area you are exploiting by doing this."

in this post about air systems and bottles = http://www.p8ntballer-forums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=28216

by the way i don't condone the use of dot bottles or asking anyone to do anything illegal. just passing on information found on this site what you do with it is up to you.

I would advise anyone

DO NOT USE ANY TANKS THAT COULD CAUSE INJURY TO YOURSELF OR OTHERS!!!!

If DOT bottles are NOT legal in this country dont f*****g use them. PERIOD!
You can buy PYE stamped bottles second hand from the sales threads and brand new from any shop.
Is it really worth risking your own life or someone elses to save a few quid???
Nige